IGNORED

Under the evolutionism,do the western world still believe in GOD?

silviawang

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

Well, then.....

Genesis 2:7

“And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.”
(KJV)

1 Corinthians 15:45

“And so it is written,

The first man Adam was made a living soul;

the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.”
(KJV)

Yes? 

32 minutes ago, Davida said:

Explain how Genesis concurs with your view of Evolution. These beliefs about creation are diametrically opposed. Did Satan take the form of a literal serpent and speak to Eve? or do you believe the Bible is just metaphorical?

How do you explain where babies come from to a child, to young to learn about sex? 

Our intelligence is minimal compared to the intelligence of God. Our knowledge is minimal compared to his, our understanding of science is my minimal compared to his. How is he to explain complexity which we can never understand in a comprehensive way to us? 

Yes, I believe there are some metaphors in the Bible. Because how could we even begin to grasp anything but metaphors when God speaks to us about science? 

Edited by Saktmodig

Just now, Saktmodig said:

How do you explain where babies come from to a child, to young to learn about sex? 

Our intelligence is minimal compared to the intelligence of God. Our knowledge is minimal compared to his, our understanding of science is my minimal compared to his. How is he to explain complexity which we can never understand in a comprehensive way to us? 

Yes, I believe there are some metaphors in the Bible. Because how could we even begin to grasp anything but a metaphors when God is speaking about science? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Having accepted atheism and evolution as fact for the first 35 years of my life, and then being turned about from that strong delusion in a flash by the Holy Spirit.  I suggest a few things:

It is easy to see that there is no God. It is easy to accept evolution

It its impossibly difficult to see the validity of Christianity

No one seeks God, no one. The Christian making his gospel presentation is a silly person, even  a joke, to the atheist.

BUT the day the Holy Spirit comes and makes the specific call to  repent from the folly of atheism.... Then all bets are off the table, for God has made the first specific call to the unbeliever, and it is the moment of eternal truth, one that leads to acceptance of the redemptive work of Christ Jesus and even the awareness of it's seriousness, or it makes it the day of rejection of the Gospel Of Jesus and the atheist  or nonbeliever is led into deeper strong delusion, from which there likely is not recovery.

None the less- We, those already aware of our salvation by the sacrifice made by Jesus, are to share of His gospel.  It pleases God for us to do so. We should not measure our success nor suffer in our presumed defeat for there is no such thing in us. We are simply to obey. Salvation is all of God and not of us. We do not earn credit no matter how many scalps we may think we have "helped" garner. So Christians are to share of the gospel of Jesus without regard to consequence in terms of results, as that is of God of His timing and His sovereignty.

Example. I have an elderly friend that  spent 27 years in the villages of Iran, and had to flee in 1979. He prayed to God asking why? All those years and no fruit, none. No one had accepted Christ Jesus as Lord. Yet when the terror came the people did then hear the Holy Spirit as He gathered up many to  our lord Jesus. Since that time those years in the field of missionary work have indeed borne sprouted seed as individuals remember the missionaries anew as they hear the specific call by the Holy Spirit for them to repent and turn to Jesus. They remember the testimony of the witness. It is said that the growth in Christianity  at Iran is geometric in it's increase being a  so called hot spot of awareness and repentance today. A miracle of God's making and on his perfect schedule.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

As to old earth versus new earth, evolution of species, and creation of yet new ones even today; yes I believe it is possible to  conclude any of the general positions and still know of the creation by God, of the fall of mankind, and the redemptive work of Jesus.

1 minute ago, Davida said:

What I have found is that when someone only answers a question with a question , they are not a real giving an answer and it does not clarify anything.

I am trying to understand what you believe and where you are coming from.  You stated you believe in evolution , & that belief in past experience, seems to run into many conflicts with the Bible and what it says.... It leads questions about "the Fall"  what was the Fall? if you belief in Evolution?  Do you think Jesus believed in "evolution" do you think Jesus was ignorant of what you call scientific belief? It makes me wonder how can one believe in Evolution & believe Jesus came from heaven? and then can a person actually believe that JESUS the Christ was with GOD the Father from the beginning and actually created everything, in Genesis as the Bible states?

1 Colossians 1:15-17 "15The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For in Him all things were created, things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.…"

John1:  "1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

I am trying to explain to the best of my ability. 

I do not know how much Jesus knew about science. Maybe all of it, maybe he did not care, since it what now what he was here to teach us about. 

I am humbled before God, before his intelligence, knowledge and power. I do not claim to understand how he created the world or even a fraction of his greatness. It is beyond my capability. 

The fall seems to coincide a lot with the shift from hunter-gathering to an agricultural lifestyle. It might have been what the fall was about. Or it might have been something else completely. It does not matter. I have faith in that God tells me what I need to know. And exact historic events from the beginning of time is not something I need to know or are able to grasp for that matter. I do not even get string theory. How could I understand actual creation? 

1 minute ago, Davida said:

I think then your thinking is that Genesis was a metaphoric primitive story passed down from people because they had no concept of scientific evolution. Is that it?

Nope, not really. 

I believe Genesis was Gods way of telling us what we need to know in a way even primitive people where able to understand. 

Edited by Saktmodig

I find it sort of odd that you are so sure about everything. Do you claim to be Gods equal? To understand him? To have the same knowledge as him?