dscapp

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Isaiah the poet is not talking about new moons being on the new earth. It's simply referring to (month to month moon) in the 1,000 year millennium. You agree?

Isa 66:22-23 “As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me,” declares the Lord, “so will your name and descendants endure. 23From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me,” says the Lord.

There will be no sun and moon on the new earth.

Rev 21:23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.

Isa 60:19-20 The sun will no more be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the LORD will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory. Your sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more; the LORD will be your everlasting light, and your days of sorrow will end.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

"Isaiah the poet"?

A new moon is in reference to the Jewish calendar of observance's.

Jewish Encyclopedia:

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/11493-new-moon

I was wondering this morning, what if the 80% of non-religious Jews, living in Israel, visited this temple what effect would it have on them, will many turn to Judaism. Would the PM, the Knesset,and the Israeli media be more God centric (or god as they believe him to be).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Isaiah the poet is not talking about new moons being on the new earth. It's simply referring to (month to month moon) in the 1,000 year millennium. You agree?

Isa 66:22-23 “As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me,” declares the Lord, “so will your name and descendants endure. 23From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me,” says the Lord.

Rev 21:23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.

Isa 60:19-20 The sun will no more be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the LORD will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory. Your sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more; the LORD will be your everlasting light, and your days of sorrow will end.

Where in the bible says there will be no sun and moon on the new earth ? What about the stars ?

Thank you 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,865
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Where in the bible says there will be no sun and moon on the new earth ? What about the stars ?

Thank you 

I think the answer to your question is in his post starting on the next line where he says that there will not be a sun and moon on the new earth...

Thank you 

I think the answer to your question is in his post starting on the next line where he says that there will not be a sun and moon on the new earth...

Thank you very much but i think Rev 21:23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.

is not saying that there will be no moon and sun but that there light  will not be as bright as God thus no need for there light  but they will still exist just like israel with the fire cloud 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,865
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Thank you 

Thank you very much but i think Rev 21:23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.

is not saying that there will be no moon and sun but that there light  will not be as bright as God thus no need for there light  but they will still exist just like israel with the fire cloud 

I guess that's possible:   "Your sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more;"  but that seems to me to take it further.    If God is so bright that you can't even see the sun set......   well, that just doesn't make sense to me.

God is not speaking of new moons and new earth.

He was speaking of a continual worship.

From one new moon to another;from one sabath to another.

As the new rearth will be forever,so will the worship continue forever.??

jesse.

jesse.

That is not the true meaning.

Written by The Editors of Encyclopædia Britannica

New Moon, Hebrew Rosh Ḥodesh, (Hebrew: “Head of the Month”), the start of the Hebrew month, a minor Jewish festival on which fasting and mourning are not allowed. The modern observance consists principally in preserving the ancient custom of reciting a blessing on the Sabbath preceding the New Moon and in singing or reciting an abbreviated form of the Hallel psalms on the New Moon itself. In Old Testament times, Jews visited the Temple of Jerusalem for a special sacrifice, held a family celebration, and generally abstained from business and work.

To my understanding it has no Christian significance.

jesse.

That is not the true meaning.

Written by The Editors of Encyclopædia Britannica

New Moon, Hebrew Rosh Ḥodesh, (Hebrew: “Head of the Month”), the start of the Hebrew month, a minor Jewish festival on which fasting and mourning are not allowed. The modern observance consists principally in preserving the ancient custom of reciting a blessing on the Sabbath preceding the New Moon and in singing or reciting an abbreviated form of the Hallel psalms on the New Moon itself. In Old Testament times, Jews visited the Temple of Jerusalem for a special sacrifice, held a family celebration, and generally abstained from business and work.

To my understanding it has no Christian significance.

Are you implying that the following verse are also not for christians ? thanks

Isaiah 66:24King James Version (KJV)

24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.