CurtisCWilson

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Onelight, I am not giving my opinion here. I am clearly using what has already been written in scripture. Simply pointing out what is there for all to see.

Did God place Adam in the Garden to "Keep" it.? Yes/No    Yes!!!

Gen 2:15  And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

The word "keep" which means to....

šāmar: A verb meaning to watch, to keep, to preserve, to guard, to be careful, to watch over, to watch carefully over, to be on one's guard.

Did Adam fail in "keeping" the Garden.? Yes/No    Yes, Adam allowed Satan into the Garden. We are told in the New Testament,  "Do not give place to the Devil"

What do you call disobediance?  Sin!!!  What is it called when someone does not do what God calls them to do? Sin!!!

What did Adam do when God told him to guard the Garden? Nothing!!!

Jas 4:17  Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. 

This is what is written in scripture, not my opinion!!!

God did not accuse Adam of not keeping what was placed in his hands.  You, on the other hand, accuse Adam of allowing Satan in.  God did not give Adam control over the angles, so your accusation is inaccurate, and extra-biblical, unless you can provide scripture where God held Adam accountable for such.

Holding onto extra-biblical teachings, and spreading them, walks the very thin line of false teaching and cult building.  That is the reason why we should not accuse anyone of sinning when it is not clear that someone had sinned, despite of our personal beliefs, and yes, what you are stating is you opinion.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/21/1952

Onelight, I am not giving my opinion here. I am clearly using what has already been written in scripture. Simply pointing out what is there for all to see.

Gen 2:15  And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

šāmar: A verb meaning to watch, to keep, to preserve, to guard, to be careful, to watch over, to watch carefully over, to be on one's guard.

Did Adam fail in "keeping" the Garden.? Yes/No    Yes, Adam allowed Satan into the Garden. We are told in the New Testament,  "Do not give place to the Devil"

What do you call disobediance?  Sin!!!  What is it called when someone does not do what God calls them to do? Sin!!!

Jas 4:17  Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. 

God did not accuse Adam of not keeping what was placed in his hands.  You, on the other hand, accuse Adam of allowing Satan in.  God did not give Adam control over the angles, so your accusation is inaccurate, and extra-biblical, unless you can provide scripture where God held Adam accountable for such.

Holding onto extra-biblical teachings, and spreading them, walks the very thin line of false teaching and cult building.  That is the reason why we should not accuse anyone of sinning when it is not clear that someone had sinned, despite of our personal beliefs, and yes, what you are stating is you opinion.

Are you trying to tell me that God does not hold us accountable for what he puts in our hands?

Psa 8:4  What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 
Psa 8:5  For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 
Psa 8:6  Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: 

Did God create Lucifer, who later became Satan? Was Satan on the earth at the time of Adam? Everything on the earth at the time of Adam was under his dominion!!!!

"Dominion"
māšal: A verb denoting to rule, to reign, or to have dominion over
Edited by CurtisCWilson

Are you trying to tell me that God does not hold us accountable for what he puts in our hands?

Psa 8:4  What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 
Psa 8:5  For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 
Psa 8:6  Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: 

Did God create Lucifer, who later became Satan? Was Satan on the earth at the time of Adam? Everything on the earth at the time of Adam was under his dominion!!!!

"Dominion"

I didn't think you could come up with any scripture where God Himself accused Adam.  You are only showing how you accuse him.  That is extra-biblical and just an opinion.

"Dominion"

I didn't think you could come up with any scripture where God Himself accused Adam.  You are only showing how you accuse him.  That is extra-biblical and just an opinion.

I have already posted it here....

God said to Adam......

Gen 3:17  And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: 

There are two things the Lord God accuses Adam with. (1) Adam listened to the voice of Eve. (2) he ate from the forbidden tree.
Before the Lord told Adam not to eat from the forbidden tree, he told him to "keep", which means "to protect" it also also means "to be a watchmen" to the Garden.

A watchman is required to guard from the enemy and to protect the innocent.  Ezekiel was also called by God to be a watchmen to Israel.

Ezekiel 3:17  “Son of man, I have appointed you a watchman to the house of Israel; whenever, you hear a word from My mouth, warn them from Me.

The Bible only gives us the words of Eve in what she said to the serpent. What was Adam's response as being a watchman for the Garden when he heard Eve talking to the serpent? Nothing!!! His Job was to warn her of the danger in conversing with the devil.

Why is Adam alone responsible for their fall and mankind?

Ezekiel 3:20  “Again, when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and I place an obstacle before him, he will die; since you have not warned him, he shall die in his sin, and his righteous deeds which he has done shall not be remembered; but his blood I will require at your hand.

Ezekiel 3:21  “However, if you have warned the righteous man that the righteous should not sin and he does not sin, he shall surely live because he took warning; and you have delivered yourself.”

​If Adam would have spoke up and warn his wife Eve, things would have been a lot different.

Edited by CurtisCWilson

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with you completely.  They were charged with guarding the garden.  The verbs used for Adam's vocation are the same used for the priestly duties to protect the temple from unclean things.  the garden of Eden is depicted as the inner room, Eden as the holy of holies.  But I don't see the problem here.  The act of disobedience flows from their failure to protect the garden; or rather is their failure.  Had Adam and Eve banished the serpent instead of yielding, then they would have been victorious.  Certainly the sin of Adam and Eve was not simply that the serpent slithered in; as if they were to play linebackers against a snake.

Another puzzle (not really for me, but for literalistic readings of Genesis): Adam's and Eve's eyes were opened only after BOTH had eaten.  Why were Eve's eyes not opened immediately after eating?

clb

"Dominion"

God said to Adam......

Gen 3:17  And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: 

There are two things the Lord God accuses Adam with. (1) Adam listened to the voice of Eve. (2) he ate from the forbidden tree.
Before the Lord told Adam not to eat from the forbidden tree, he told him to "keep", which means "to protect" it also also means "to be a watchmen" to the Garden.

A watchman is required to guard from the enemy and to protect the innocent.  Ezekiel was also called by God to be a watchmen to Israel.

Ezekiel 3:17  “Son of man, I have appointed you a watchman to the house of Israel; whenever, you hear a word from My mouth, warn them from Me.

The Bible only gives us the words of Eve in what she said to the serpent. What was Adam's response as being a watchman for the Garden when he heard Eve talking to the serpent? Nothing!!! His Job was to warn her of the danger in conversing with the devil.

Ezekiel 3:20  “Again, when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and I place an obstacle before him, he will die; since you have not warned him, he shall die in his sin, and his righteous deeds which he has done shall not be remembered; but his blood I will require at your hand.

Ezekiel 3:21  “However, if you have warned the righteous man that the righteous should not sin and he does not sin, he shall surely live because he took warning; and you have delivered yourself.”

​If Adam would have spoke up and warn his wife Eve, things would have been a lot different.

Thank you for providing proof that God never accused Adam of letting Satan in.  Nobody should read into scripture what is not there.  There is no proof that Adam did not keep the Garden as God commanded him to.  I suppose you assume that because Eve took of the fruit and ate it, Adam is to blame?

I agree with you completely.  They were charged with guarding the garden.  The verbs used for Adam's vocation are the same used for the priestly duties to protect the temple from unclean things.  the garden of Eden is depicted as the inner room, Eden as the holy of holies.  But I don't see the problem here.  The act of disobedience flows from their failure to protect the garden; or rather is their failure.  Had Adam and Eve banished the serpent instead of yielding, then they would have been victorious.  Certainly the sin of Adam and Eve was not simply that the serpent slithered in; as if they were to play linebackers against a snake.

Another puzzle (not really for me, but for literalistic readings of Genesis): Adam's and Eve's eyes were opened only after BOTH had eaten.  Why were Eve's eyes not opened immediately after eating?

clb

Hi Connor, we to are called to protect the garden in which the Word of God is planted inside each of us, as we are God's garden.

1Co 3:9  For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. 

Husbandry means, "farm, garden". The Garden of Eden was the place where Adam and Eve fellowshipped with God. We are to protect the place of fellowship for ourselves and if being married our families to. That might be why that both their eyes were open only after Adam sinned. Adam being the head of the woman, and being the responsible party. We need more "watchmen" for each and every family so as to protect if from giving place to the Devil.

"Dominion"

God said to Adam......

Thank you for providing proof that God never accused Adam of letting Satan in.  Nobody should read into scripture what is not there.  There is no proof that Adam did not keep the Garden as God commanded him to.  I suppose you assume that because Eve took of the fruit and ate it, Adam is to blame?

I think your inability to compare scripture with scripture and come to a conclusion based on what the Holy Spirit teaches is sad.

You do know how the Spirit teaches his children don't you?

1Co 2:12  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God
1Co 2:13  Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

"Dominion"

God said to Adam......

I think your inability to compare scripture with scripture and come to a conclusion based on what the Holy Spirit teaches is sad.

You do know how the Spirit teaches his children don't you?

1Co 2:12  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God
1Co 2:13  Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

I am reading your posts and I don't see where the disagreement lies.  Let others in :)

clb

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

God said to Adam......

And you ignore the part where the things He accuses adam of are 

1) listening to the voice of eve

2) eaten of the tree of which He commanded adam to not eat of it.

The Lord did not at all accuse adam of failing to protect the garden or the tree. You are projecting your opinion into scripture.