IGNORED

How has the 'Industrial Revolution' Helped / Hurt America?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

The Industrial Revolution began a time of great prosperity to this country, what else did it bring?

I have something to say about that, but I want to hear from you all.

http://www.history.com/topics/industrial-revolution

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

What else did it bring?  Look at the world today.  This is basically the result of the industrial revolution, as being the first step in technology.

If you want specifics, realize this subject has a vast reserve of possibilities to discuss.  Being so, perhaps you can be more specific in your question.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

As OneLight says, it has a huge subject matter, not the least that we owe 99% of it to the British Empire

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

well, I don't think I want to go back to a pre industrial world.....     outdoor toilets, no air conditioners, walking or horses for transportation.....   no computer....  thus no worthy....

The industrial revolution made life on this planet easier and much more pleasant for most people....   like any tool, it's taken us a long time to develop it, and in many cases pervert it into something bad.   But it is for the most part simply a set of tools.   Mankind pretty much perverts everything in time, so it shouldn't be a surprise.

Nobody has a clue huh?

First off, I whole-heartedly, believe in Capitalism and the Entrepreneural spirit.

The Industrial Revolution led to mass production and factories. Then the first Labor unions began to pop up,which, in the beginning had a just cause, unions began to stand up for workers rights. Shorter shifts, better wage, benefits, all very humble grievances, which made for a better worker because they brought home more and they had somebody looking out for them. Alas, because of money and power the union got corrupted and began lobbing politians corrupting them by bribe (kickback). Union bosses back candidate who would in turn vote for their favorite agendas, so became policy changers. This hurt America.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

well, I don't think I want to go back to a pre industrial world.....     outdoor toilets, no air conditioners, walking or horses for transportation.....   no computer....  thus no worthy....

The industrial revolution made life on this planet easier and much more pleasant for most people....   like any tool, it's taken us a long time to develop it, and in many cases pervert it into something bad.   But it is for the most part simply a set of tools.   Mankind pretty much perverts everything in time, so it shouldn't be a surprise.

I agree. For perspective many people in the world today have higher standards of living (plumbing, electricity, access to food, social mobility, etc.), receive better education, than 99% of the world 150 years ago and prior.

Yes technology is a tool like anything else that is inanimate it is amoral. :thumbsup:

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Nobody has a clue huh?

LoL!  Because nobody gave you any specific answer, you think we don't have a clue? Pretty daring statement.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Nobody has a clue huh?

First off, I whole-heartedly, believe in Capitalism and the Entrepreneural spirit.

The Industrial Revolution led to mass production and factories. Then the first Labor unions began to pop up,which, in the beginning had a just cause, unions began to stand up for workers rights. Shorter shifts, better wage, benefits, all very humble grievances, which made for a better worker because they brought home more and they had somebody looking out for them. Alas, because of money and power the union got corrupted and began lobbing politians corrupting them by bribe (kickback). Union bosses back candidate who would in turn vote for their favorite agendas, so became policy changers. This hurt America.

That all you got?

What you mention is a smidgen, a jot, an iota of what the steam age actually accomplished :cool2: 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  67

That all you got?

What you mention is a smidgen, a jot, an iota of what the steam age actually accomplished :cool2:

Massive%2520geared%2520steam%2520locomot

:happyhappy:

Nobody has a clue huh?

LoL!  Because nobody gave you any specific answer, you think we don't have a clue? Pretty daring statement.

With all due respect, season it as you like it, God is witness, my heart does not convict me.