IGNORED

Rude encounter

Guest Trinda

Guest Trinda

Hi everyone. Need advice. Last night I was in the store talking to my child's teacher. After talking to her I walked away. An older lady sitting nearby sarcastically said to me "How are YOU doing." I politely said "Fine ma'am." As I walked off , she said loudly to another lady " She THINK she is pretty!" I was shocked and hurt by this. I am 46 years old and pass for 30 something. I am quiet, humble, and love the Lord. Many people often kindly comment me that I look very nice. I take this with a grain of salt, because looks fade and I have NEVER thought I looked good. I have'nt dealt with this kind of behavior since high school from  jealous girls. I'm shocked that a complete stranger would make comments to me. Why do you thlnk this lady was so rude?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Because some people just are rude for no reason?

Don't let it affect you, it does not mean anything anyway. 

• Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.73
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Because some people just are rude for no reason?

Don't let it affect you, it does not mean anything anyway. 

You are right Fez.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  257
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

that lady could be mentally disturbed, and so given to unwelcome comments that she would not entertain in her right mind. As Fez says, it doesn't need to leave a mark on you, but rather gives you an opportunity to act  with kindness and forbearance should you see her again, setting an example that the Lord would be pleased to see in all his children

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Hi everyone. Need advice. Last night I was in the store talking to my child's teacher. After talking to her I walked away. An older lady sitting nearby sarcastically said to me "How are YOU doing." I politely said "Fine ma'am." As I walked off , she said loudly to another lady " She THINK she is pretty!" I was shocked and hurt by this. I am 46 years old and pass for 30 something. I am quiet, humble, and love the Lord. Many people often kindly comment me that I look very nice. I take this with a grain of salt, because looks fade and I have NEVER thought I looked good. I have'nt dealt with this kind of behavior since high school from  jealous girls. I'm shocked that a complete stranger would make comments to me. Why do you thlnk this lady was so rude?

Do you remember the conversation you had with your child's teacher?  Can you think of anything that she may have overheard or heard only a part of that she could have taken it the wrong way that would lead you to the clue as to why she said that?

I mean like say the question could be a clue.  "How are YOU doing?"  Did you say to the child's teacher that had asked you that question earlier by answering "Pretty good." ?  Then when you said "Fine, ma'am," to the same question, she was taking it as a boast of one's look?

Obviously, something else was bothering her.  Seeing how you are, she is probably beset with negative thoughts towards herself and her life in general, and was trying to bring you down to her level, of not being happy so she can enjoy her day as misery loves company.

Lean on Jesus to forgive her for she knows not what she do, and mayhap, your witness of Him will win her to Christ some day.

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

James 5:9 Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door. 10 Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience. 11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

1 Peter 2:1Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, 2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: 3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious....19 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully. 20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. 21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: 22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: 23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: 24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Trinda

Welcome to Worthy Trinda,,,,,really?That offended you? It was actually a compliment....you see Trinda,we are not accountable for what others do or say but we certainly are for the way we re-act to what others say,pray for her,that is what you should do because she obviuosly needs someone to pray for her.

Who knows why the lady was rude?But we have to look at things differently than the rest of the world does,,,,,she may be jealous that you look nice or maybe her husband just verbally abused her or maybe she has low self esteem cause someone just commented loud enough for her to hear,that she is ugly............or maybe she is just plain ole mean! BUt it really does not matter why ,what matters is your response,as a daughter of the KIng of kings......just smile at her,Bless her & then go home & pray for her,just my 2 cents

Give God the glory in all things!                                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I am reminded of my elderly mother-in-law (she was near ninety at the time) who was in the early stages of Alzheimer's. She was out on the street walking with her granddaughter when a nice looking young man passed her on the sidewalk and she looked a hm and loudly proclaimed, "I hate ___" (a pejorative word for his nationality). She did it again in a restaurant, remarking about our waitress. She was a born again Christian, but with a  disease like that creeping up on people, there is no holding back terrible thoughts and words.

Perhaps this elderly woman you encountered was suffering from that or some other kind of dementia. It is entirely possible.  pray you will forgive her and walk on with your dignity intact. You know the truth about you!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

She just wanted to find a easy way to hurt you... and judging by this post it worked. Let it go, she's not worth anymore of your time. 

~

Old Ladies Can Be Jealous Too

Thy tongue deviseth mischiefs; like a sharp rasor, working deceitfully.

Thou lovest evil more than good; and lying rather than to speak righteousness. Selah.

Thou lovest all devouring words, O thou deceitful tongue. Psalms 52:3-4

So Help Me God

Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips. Psalms 141:3

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

I say be flattered that you are considered pretty.  And be done with it.