• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/30/1975

not to be rude... but it may also be because you dress other than Christian like? I have had ladies come to our church looking more like they were going to the club than to a church service. Maybe that's why you are getting these kind of comments. Christian women are supposed to be modest. Just something for you to think about. How do you actually dress yourself each day. I think it strange for women to come out and comment like that unless they have a reason to.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

"I am quiet, humble, and love the Lord"

^... This is all you need to be absolutely and unquestionably beautiful. Not only in the eyes of the Lord, but in the eyes of your brothers and sisters in Christ. The world see's who a person is by their makeup and possessions. Christ and his church see's the real beauty. Smile and walk away knowing you are deeply loved and cherished

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I'd say that was a cry for help. Not necessarily your cup of tea, but might keep her in your prayers at least. Forgive to be forgiven.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The best spiritual defence against spiritual offence is prayer. Pray for those who mistreat you.

Ask God if you did anything wrong (we are all ignorant about many of our own problems and offences), and then pray for the offender as long as it takes for the hurt to go away.

Edited by Earnest

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

not to be rude... but it may also be because you dress other than Christian like? I have had ladies come to our church looking more like they were going to the club than to a church service. Maybe that's why you are getting these kind of comments. Christian women are supposed to be modest. Just something for you to think about. How do you actually dress yourself each day. I think it strange for women to come out and comment like that unless they have a reason to.

You have a point about the inappropriate dress at some churches.  However you've missed the point here; the elderly woman had NO right to comment the way she did (even if she didn't approve of Trinda's clothing.)  There is NO valid reason for the woman's actions.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

People say things to hurt us all the time and we also do the same thing, not even knowing that we have hurt someone.  I hope by now you have let go of it, because it is not worth the effort of pain.  Anyway, you will probably never run into this lady again, unless you live in a very small town.  Keep you chin up and be happy God made you pretty!!!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/30/1975

yes I do agree with you on your comment, the lady should not have been rude and maybe she was not trying to be rude, but trinda also may of taken it in the wrong way. people get easily offended when all others are trying to do is raise a point. Maybe the lady knew she was a Christian and was trying to let her know in her own way that maybe she dresses or behaves in an other than Christian like manner. Sometimes the truth hurts and the world is full of rude people and its takes some situation like that to bring us to our senses

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Trinda has not been back since her Op.

Time to lock this and move on.