IGNORED

How does the prophetic clock work in God's eyes?

OakWood

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I've just been thinking of something.

We all know that the formation of the modern state of Israel has an important significance in prophecy and a number of prophecies are meant to be fulfilled during this generation. However when was Israel actually formed? I see three options.

1/ Israel was re-formed sometime in the late Nineteenth or early Twentieth Centuries. This is when Jews started coming back and rebuilding the nation. However we don't really have a specific date or year to work with here.

2/ 14th May 1948. This is when Israel was officially recognised as a country by the U.N. Historians view this date as the start of the new country. However our views may differ from the way God thinks.

3/ June 1967. At the end of the Six-day War, the Jews finally reclaimed Jerusalem as their own for the first time in around 1,900 years. It came into their possession and they also gained control of the Temple Mount. Is this really the time when new Israel was born?

Your opinions please.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knows, but I will offer a couple of observations without details:

1. The modern nation of Israel, does not occupy the boundaries God set for it.

2. The term Israel, has several meanings in scripture, check context to assess whether, if ever, the term is referring to the modern nation/state.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Who knows, but I will offer a couple of observations without details:

1. The modern nation of Israel, does not occupy the boundaries God set for it.

2. The term Israel, has several meanings in scripture, check context to assess whether, if ever, the term is referring to the modern nation/state.

1. Good point. I wonder if that has any significance. I personally feel that that the status of Jerusalem is far more important than the overall boundaries (my gut instinct says 1967).

2. I usually do check but I still believe that the modern nation has a prophetic significance, and my question is really asking "when is it's birth?" rather than the minutiae of what prophecy applies to which definition. But it's still a good point worth remembering.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

An important piece of prophecy can be found in Matthew 24:32-35

“Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

We know that when the fig tree bloom (Israel becoming rebuilt), the generation that begins this will not pass before the tribulation is completed and He returns.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

I've just been thinking of something.

We all know that the formation of the modern state of Israel has an important significance in prophecy and a number of prophecies are meant to be fulfilled during this generation. However when was Israel actually formed? I see three options.

1/ Israel was re-formed sometime in the late Nineteenth or early Twentieth Centuries. This is when Jews started coming back and rebuilding the nation. However we don't really have a specific date or year to work with here.

2/ 14th May 1948. This is when Israel was officially recognised as a country by the U.N. Historians view this date as the start of the new country. However our views may differ from the way God thinks.

3/ June 1967. At the end of the Six-day War, the Jews finally reclaimed Jerusalem as their own for the first time in around 1,900 years. It came into their possession and they also gained control of the Temple Mount. Is this really the time when new Israel was born?

Your opinions please.

Since I see the final world kingdom starting off as a multinational power (feet of iron and clay) presumably the UN, the 1948 day to me is significant.  I think the first seal corresponds to the Rev 13:2 release of the beast from the abyss (fallen angel) and that happened prior to 1948.  The fallen angel then caused the UN to come into being which then recognized Israel.

This prophecy is about israel to day.  (the first gathering of israel).

God has gathered israel back to their own land ; but he will also send hunters to hunt them down.

There is a second gathering after this one.(in my next post).

Jeremiah 16:13 Therefore will I cast you out of this land into a land that ye know not, neither ye nor your fathers; and there shall ye serve other gods day and night; where I will not shew you favour.

Jeremiah 16:14 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that it shall no more be said, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;

Jeremiah 16:15 But, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands whither he had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers.

Jeremiah 16:16 Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the LORD, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks.

Jeremiah 16:17 For mine eyes are upon all their ways: they are not hid from my face, neither is their iniquity hid from mine eyes.

Jeremiah 16:18 And first I will recompense their iniquity and their sin double; because they have defiled my land, they have filled mine inheritance with the carcases of their detestable and abominable things.

jesse.

The second gathering of israel.

They will dwell safely; in the kingdom of the saints,which is paradise for those dwelling there.

They will be at rest.

Jeremiah 32:37 Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, whither I have driven them in mine anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely:

Jeremiah 32:38 And they shall be my people, and I will be their God:

Jeremiah 32:39 And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:

Jeremiah 32:40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

Jeremiah 32:41 Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul.

Jeremiah 32:42 For thus saith the LORD; Like as I have brought all this great evil upon this people, so will I bring upon them all the good that I have promised them.

Jeremiah 32:43 And fields shall be bought in this land, whereof ye say, It is desolate without man or beast; it is given into the hand of the Chaldeans.

Jeremiah 32:44 Men shall buy fields for money, and subscribe evidences, and seal them, and take witnesses in the land of Benjamin, and in the places about Jerusalem, and in the cities of Judah, and in the cities of the mountains, and in the cities of the valley, and in the cities of the south: for I will cause their captivity to return, saith the LORD.

jesse.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Is there anyone that is interested in those prophesies?

Why is the house in silence?

jesse.

Probably because you don't realize some of those Jeremiah verses are not for the times you speak of.

Is there anyone that is interested in those prophesies?

Why is the house in silence?

jesse.

Probably because you don't realize some of those Jeremiah verses are not for the times you speak of.

Please explain why not?

jesse.