• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1989

Hey guys. Something that Ive been researching lately is the sermons and doctrines of pastor Joel Osteen.

Now I havent come up with a clear view yet but I have noted some truths in whats been revealed.

- Joel often refers to people using their own strength

- Joel often doesnt go 100% to scripture

- Joel's latest book has no mention of God

- Joel owns a 10.2 million $$ mansion

- Joel also owns a very expensive car

- Joel never mentions our salvation

- Joel never preaches to convict, its always motivational speaker type stuff

- Joel has mentioned eyebrow raising things during interviews such as becoming a pastor at Lakewood to take over from his Dad; and uses the words "I, me, you, we" often

But then there are some "excuses" for this:

- Firstly who are we to judge? That is Gods job and only Gods job. Our job is to focus on our relationships and bring others TO Christ not paranoy people away from him

- Joel is not like Benny Hinn. He has never made ludicrous false prophecys

- Joel reads from the Bible and prays before and after each sermon

- How do we not know Joels calling is to motivate people through Christ?

So what are your thoughts on Joel Osteen guys? Is he false? Misunderstood? Some even say hes the anti-Christ. What are your thoughts?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Be very careful with what you present as truths.  Unless you have a transcript of everything he has said, the terms "never" and "always" should not be in your postings.  They are blanket statements, which often are proven wrong, making the statement a lie.

After watching many speaking from Joel, I have come to the conclusion that he is a motivational speaker, trying to raise the confidence of the audience.  I do not see him as a biblical teacher or preacher.

You simply have to check it out on Youtube. And I said often, to be clear :P Joel was my first favorite preacher, so maybe Im biased in giving him a chance moreso than others are. But I believe he could very much just be misunderstood. But I dont want to completely think that as I dont want to be deceived either.

No wait you're right, I did type never a few times. But yes, from what I have read and watched on youtube, a few misuses of the Bible and preaching methods are quite clear.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

Along with motivational speaking style, it is said that his style also includes “prosperity gospel” and “words of faith” doctrines. Those doctrines have been called heresy. How many people watch his sermons or attend his church is not proof that how he teaches is correct or in error. He has made several statements in interviews that have caused folks to be wary of what he preaches.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

It takes little effort or inspection to see what Joel Osteen is about. He started as a rich little preacher's kid, and never has actually worked a day in his protected life.

He is all talk.

He is not a prophet at all and does not claim to be. Neither is he a Christian preacher. He may be a Christian, he may be a preacher, but he in no way is a Gospel teaching preacher. As JoMomma stated above, he is just a rich man; who has a large following of the type of people whom Revelation places in the church at Laodicea.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

To the Church in Laodicea

14“To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:

These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 15I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.

19Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

21To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

In interviews with larry king and fox (cant recall who tho), he states that he wont call sin what it is and he wont say that someone in false religions isnt saved nor will he say Jesus is the only way. Those transcripts are available online and later tonight if I have time (and remember), I will search them out for you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 John 4:1

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Mathew 7:1

Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

God will be the judge,but we have to be aware of false or deceiving  teachings we hear,so nobody can lead us astray...

I think he is motivational and a prosperity teaching and not a biblical teacher ,but we have to be careful of judging..