ChristServantSean

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

In all honestly....I have no idea what Joel Osteen is or what he is not,I heard him 2 days ago in an interview & he seems to dance around issues that require political correctness so he does not lean to the left or the right & therefore he stays unbiased.......he has no problem letting everyone know that Jesus died for all sin & anyone can come to the foot of the cross for forgiveness,so who am I to judge,,,,,,,I guess it is easy to preach prosperity when you are living a financially prosperous life?I suppose God uses him to draw men to Jesus,there is nothing wrong with hearing motivational speeches.....& then everyone is responsible for their own Salvation ,are they not?

I don't know,God Bless Joell Osteen & his family,I hope he is right with God,,,,,that is between him & the Lord.As for anyone that has a problem with him,do as I do......change the channel                                      Love,Kwik

I just went on YouTube to look up the interview that Jade mentioned,well,,,,,he sure seems to have a different agenda than what the Bible says..... I heard some very dangerous statements from his mouth like the many paths to Jesus & how Jesus may present himself to others,like homosexuals,Mormons etc,,,,,,,,he says he believes that Jesus is the only Way but he cannot & will not say that Jesus only presents Himself one Way to people,,,,,,,huh? He just will not commit to saying anything that excludes anybody.....I think Joel needs our prayers

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

In interviews with larry king and fox (cant recall who tho), he states that he wont call sin what it is and he wont say that someone in false religions isnt saved nor will he say Jesus is the only way ...

He sounds like an Episcopalian ;)

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

My hairdresser likes him because he teaches good family relationships. Personally, I found no substance from him. It was a lot of positive thinking and positive speaking. Perhaps the greatest danger is in allowing people with no relationship with Christ to think they are saved.

false prophet? i don't think he falls into that definition. but my opinion of him is that he's a 'feel good' preacher (yes, leaning towards name it claim it and prosperity teachings). the problem with feel good preaching is that it has little real substance. it's all dessert without any meat. my husband enjoys listening to him, so i've had the occasion to listen along, and i've never really heard him preach anything about consequences... or anything about repentance.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

My hairdresser likes him because he teaches good family relationships. Personally, I found no substance from him. It was a lot of positive thinking and positive speaking. Perhaps the greatest danger is in allowing people with no relationship with Christ to think they are saved.

That is how Osteen strikes me as well...no substance.  All fluff and no stuff.  I disregarded him after listening to him ONCE. 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Did I miss something? Has Joel declared himself a prophet?

Some people refer to his Sunday morning sessions as 'Christianity Light'...so light it floats awaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy..........let's just say you cannot really let

your anchor down

Prophet...false or otherwise...not really

I never trust someone who smiles ALL the time... :emot-eyes: 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Please provide the name of one man or woman alive or dead that  spoke/taught 100% without error, excluding Jesus ?

I've come to understand that no man/woman is perfect or possess the total revelation of GOD, and being human prone to error.  With that said, take the fruit that you are able to eat and leave the rest.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Is perfection required to preach the gospel?  No.

Is the gospel prosperity and denial of sin?  No.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

The bible does tell us to avoid false teachers. 

The bible does tell us to leave milk behind and get on meat. 

Osteen is milk only, at best. He preaches a false prosperity doctrine and will not openly say that one needs Jesus to be saved. To me, that crosses the line between minor doctrinal differences to a major doctrinal error. One that can cost folks salvation. After all, if he refuses to say one needs Jesus, then how will folks know they need Him to be saved?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Who is our Good Shepherd? 

1 John 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

So prove all teachings with His help by the scripture as kept by those that loved Him in the KJV.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. 25 Brethren, pray for us.

Be sure to pray for Joel Osteen when you think of him.

1 Timothy 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. 6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. 11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. 12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses. 13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession; 14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ