• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone,,,

I really heard what Jade was saying & as I said earlier I looked at that interview with Larry King & was quite disappointed in what I heard & did not hear from Joel O,,,,as I have been reading more & more comments on this thread I looked at more interviews and saw him put the spotlight on folks attending his church like,,,Tyler Perry & Oprah Winfield,,,they sure do need Jesus just as any sinner does but it seemed  more about recognizing their celebrity,especially after hearing Oprah & Tylers views in favor of homosexuality,same sex marriage,abortion.

If Joel will not even call sin a sin(in an interview he declared that he simply will not do it,he is not anyones judge!!!!!!)That is just plain scarey dangerous & I thank God that He draws men unto Himself & can use anyone to plant a seed (Joel too)because if it were just left to men like Joel O then not anyone would think they NEED our Lord & Savior but if you WANT Him He is available for everyone??????

As I said,,,,,we need to pray for Joel O & his church.....                                                  With love-Kwik

Beloved Rusty Angel......Amen Sister! I know exactly what you are talking about,,,,,there is nothing wrong with being rich but when you are telling me to name it & claim it when I am losing the roof over my head & live on a fixed monthly income that is not  equivalent to a months rent (without utilities )....it is hard to swallow from a guy that lives in a multi million dollar home free & clear & has money pouring in his mailbox(tax free)?Really?PLUS.....if you ask for help they respond by telling you they are not a benevolent association....lets break that down for simple minded folks like myself.......that means you only receive but do not give ,right?Oh I am sure they have different outreach ministries where they give (what you donate )to designated missions..........but an individual asking for help,forget it....I wrote plenty of these pastors & got the same response from every last one of them & then to top it off,my name was put on their mailing lists for DONATIONS!!!!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I never trust someone who smiles as much as he does.   :rofl:   No really I agree with everyone on here. You have to be really careful with alot of speakers. A bible speaker should stick with the bible, If not then it can lead people astray, and Jesus warned us about false teachings.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.09
  • Days Won:  2

I don't think he's a false prophet and I doubt he is a false teacher.  I've endured some of his talks (won't call them sermons) to get a bead on his theology and I tend to agree with those who consider him to be a motivational speaker who sprinkles his talks with Bible verses (like John Maxwell  frequently does).  If you check out his church's website, you'll note that their beliefs page is totally orthodox.  I think his staff handles the Bible studies and regular preaching and Joel does the high profile stuff.  The reason I wouldn't consider him to be a false teacher is that by definition false teachers  lead people away from G-d and live pretty reckless lives themselves (read Jude).  Say what you will about Mr Osteen, while he may not preach strong sermons, he certainly doesn't lead people away from G-d.  In fact, I think a lot of unsaved people hear his talks and their curiosity is piqued.  And just because he lives in a palatial mansion and has a measure of wealth, that doesn't mean he's a phony or insincere.  Neither poverty nor wealth is an indicator of a person's spirituality.

His wife, though, what an airhead.  

Guest Judas Machabeus

I have an issue when I hear or in this case read people quoting the verse regarding judge not lest you be judged. We have every right to judge. The thread is trying to determine if Joel is a false prophet. We can and should be judging actions. We judge murders, thieves, frauds etc etc. what we are not to do is judge someone's soul or salvation.

Sorry for the rant. Just a bit of a pet peeve

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

Hey guys. Something that Ive been researching lately is the sermons and doctrines of pastor Joel Osteen.

Now I havent come up with a clear view yet but I have noted some truths in whats been revealed.

- Joel often refers to people using their own strength

- Joel often doesnt go 100% to scripture

- Joel's latest book has no mention of God

- Joel owns a 10.2 million $$ mansion

- Joel also owns a very expensive car

- Joel never mentions our salvation

- Joel never preaches to convict, its always motivational speaker type stuff

- Joel has mentioned eyebrow raising things during interviews such as becoming a pastor at Lakewood to take over from his Dad; and uses the words "I, me, you, we" often

But then there are some "excuses" for this:

- Firstly who are we to judge? That is Gods job and only Gods job. Our job is to focus on our relationships and bring others TO Christ not paranoy people away from him

- Joel is not like Benny Hinn. He has never made ludicrous false prophecys

- Joel reads from the Bible and prays before and after each sermon

- How do we not know Joels calling is to motivate people through Christ?

So what are your thoughts on Joel Osteen guys? Is he false? Misunderstood? Some even say hes the anti-Christ. What are your thoughts?

Also see: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/04/victoria-osteen-reactions_n_5759860.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

I have an issue when I hear or in this case read people quoting the verse regarding judge not lest you be judged. We have every right to judge. The thread is trying to determine if Joel is a false prophet. We can and should be judging actions. We judge murders, thieves, frauds etc etc. what we are not to do is judge someone's soul or salvation.

i agree. we're not to judge people self-righteously either... not just their salvation, but for instance, a person who is a slobbering drunk doesn't have any business passing judgement on someone who is smoking a joint. 

but your basic point is right on target. we absolutely ARE called to judge... righteously. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

So what are your thoughts on Joel Osteen guys? Is he false? Misunderstood? Some even say hes the anti-Christ. What are your thoughts?

He is not a true Christian. But then, there are many who are not. In fact, it seems to me, in my own experiences in life, that those who are most vocal about letting others "know" they are Christian, are the ones who are the least truthworthy.

He couldn't have that million dollar mansion without FOLLOWERS, so a lot of people are being duped, and gyped out of $$.But they will learn. When they see tht they themselves do not grow rich (w/o actual work of some kind), they will stop sending him $$ but it won't matter because there will always be some other naive person around to rip off...  born every minute, ya know?

sigh

But he will get his comeupance in the next life like all of us will 

+++  

Edited by thechurchlady

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

i agree. we're not to judge people self-righteously either... not just their salvation, but for instance, a person who is a slobbering drunk doesn't have any business passing judgement on someone who is smoking a joint. 

but your basic point is right on target. we absolutely ARE called to judge... righteously. 

That thing about "judge not" is misinterpreted a lot of the time. We are not supposed to say N is going to Hell and things like that, or that N, because s/he doesn't believe the way i do about, say infant baptism..is not a Christian

But the Word tells us "By their fruits, you will know them"

It would be absolutely absurd to look @ someone's fruits of evil and say, "Well, i can't judge..." The Word also says to expose the works of darkness and reprove them

++

Edited by thechurchlady

My hairdresser likes him because he teaches good family relationships. Personally, I found no substance from him. It was a lot of positive thinking and positive speaking. Perhaps the greatest danger is in allowing people with no relationship with Christ to think they are saved.

That is how Osteen strikes me as well...no substance.  All fluff and no stuff.  I disregarded him after listening to him ONCE. 

That was my reaction after seeing him a few times on TV. He came off to me as too "sugary and sweet" and no real (spiritual) substance to what he was saying. The other thing that put me off was all the smiling - it reminded me of a dishonest used car salesman. Didn't realize why at the time, although I learn that later.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  405
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

1 Corinthians 5:12  "What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. Expel the wicked man from among you."

It is really quite simple, dilute the message so as not to offend anyone, motivate people to feel good about themselves, just enough of a hint of "Christianity" for a sense of belonging, and then watch the coffers grow.