Hobbes

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

That is our faith we are to examine ourselves by.

2 Corinthians 11:Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me. 2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Matthew 12:39But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

The falling away from the faith would involve moving away from relating to the Bridegroom by chasing after spirits thinking they are the Holy Spirit to receive again after a sign;  even a sign of tongues which comes with no interpretation, but is babbling nonsense.

Whenever a supernatural encounter occurs, many do not test the spirits but glory after them as the shift focusses on the "Holy Spirit" in worship and then addresses "Him" to fall on them "again" to receive after a sign, causing many to fall down and have confusion in the church service.

Proverbs 25:26 A righteous man falling down before the wicked is as a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring. 27 It is not good to eat much honey: so for men to search their own glory is not glory. 28 He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.

1 Corinthians 14: 32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

1 Timothy 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

You cannot receive the Holy Spirit "again" when He is already within you by faith in Jesus Christ.  This is the hypocrisey that many believers that have gone astray are overlooking.  They acknowledge that He is in them but yet they ask for Him to receive Him again as if they had not.

Edited by Hobbes

Once a believer receives Jesus Christ, there is no more filling of the Spirit to hunger after.

His promise:

Matthew 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

How to receive that promise:

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

The result of that promise:

Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

And why after having received Christ Jesus, we can walk in Him complete in Christ.

Colossians 2:5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. 6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

So there is only one drink of the Spirit that we all can share the same testimony of having been baptized into by.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

So there is no asking for the Holy Spirit to receive again unless we testify falsely that the Father gave us something else the first time for knocking at the door of Jesus.

Luke 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. 11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? 12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? 13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

We are to share the same testimony of how we had received the promise of the Spirit by faith in Jesus Christ and not by sight since signs were to serve unbelievers;  not the believers..

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.....6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Ephesians 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: 12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory. 15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith....26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

There can be no other good report nor any other hope of our calling nor any other gospel to preach.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

There is no other baptism with the Holy Spirit with evidence of tongues.  The "slain in the Spirit", the Toronto Blessings, the Pensacola Outpouring, and the "holy laughter" movement and any other movement of the "Spirit" that puts the emphasis on the Holy Spirit to receive after a sign is not of God. This is the falling away from the faith and believers need to go before that throne of grace for help in repenting from by returning to their first love, shun vain & profane babblings and pray normally, and chase no more after those spirits for a sign to be filled when we are filled by faith in Jesus Christ as a testimony that we are saved so we can testify that Jesus Christ is indeed our Saviour.

Edited by Hobbes

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

We are to share the same testimony of how we had received the promise of the Spirit by faith in Jesus Christ and not by sight since signs were to serve unbelievers;  not the believers..

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.....6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Ephesians 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: 12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory. 15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith....26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

There can be no other good report nor any other hope of our calling nor any other gospel to preach.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

There is no other baptism with the Holy Spirit with evidence of tongues.  The "slain in the Spirit", the Toronto Blessings, the Pensacola Outpouring, and the "holy laughter" movement and any other movement of the "Spirit" that puts the emphasis on the Holy Spirit to receive after a sign is not of God. This is the falling away from the faith and believers need to go before that throne of grace for help in repenting from by returning to their first love, shun vain & profane babblings and pray normally, and chase no more after those spirits for a sign to be filled when we are filled by faith in Jesus Christ as a testimony that we are saved so we can testify that Jesus Christ is indeed our Saviour.

Is this in the right forum?

See at this link how churches can limit the invasion of seducing spirits in the worship place, and how the Holy Spirit will lead us in worship as a shared testimony.

http://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/183574-the-witnessing-role-of-the-holy-ghost-limits-our-worship/

Is this in the right forum?

Hi Last Daze,

Yes, since it concerns prophecy regarding the falling away from the faith ( 1 Timothy 4:1-2 ) which is to occur before the pre tribulational rapture which is why God has to judge His House first ( 1 Peter 4:17-19 ), and then He will come back with the raptured saints to deal with Satan & his armies.

2 Thessalonians 2:1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first,...

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Paul rebukes the movements of the "Spirit" today by reminding believers how we ahd received the sanctification of the Spirit and the belief of the truth by the hearing of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and so there is cause to present this prophecy to the forum so that believers that hear, may repent, and be ready by His grace & by His help, in keeping their eyes on the Bridegroom for He is coming soon. 

You cannot receive the Holy Spirit "again" when He is already within you by faith in Jesus Christ.  This is the hypocrisey that many believers that have gone astray are overlooking.  They acknowledge that He is in them but yet they ask for Him to receive Him again as if they had not.

They do this simply as a reassurance for themselves. It is not out of hypocrisy, but out of ignorance. Many people pray for salvation over and over again, because the enemy has placed in their mind the idea that because they sin - even unwillingly - that they are not truly saved. He does this to take away the joy that Christians are promised through Christ. He knows that he has already lost us for good, so his only means of attack is through fear and ignorance. That is why the Truth of the Once Saved Always Saved doctrine is so important for everyone to understand. GOD has placed His Holy Spirit within each and every Christian as a guarantee that He will personally maintain our salvation and that no one (not even ourselves) in Heaven, on Earth, or under the Earth can remove us from His hand.

I agree that once saved Always saved. God is not an Indian giver. Once u receive him u are sealed forever even if u backslide u r still his! I don't understand how some Christians can believe u can loose your salvation! Weak faith I guess. I myself have backslid n I can tell u every single day god was chastising me, pulling me back, moving the sinful ppl out of my life! He fights for us, for we r NOT our own! Praise Jesus! We must return to our maker less we live in misery. The only happiness for the Christian is when they abide in Christ. Non the less, once saved Always saved!!!!

For those believers that think that the damnation in 2 Thessalonians 2:12 is referring to loss of salvation, think no more in that way.  I understand that perception because of verse 10 about being saved, but this was addressing the falling away from the faith and by it to avoid the great tribulation.  This is what believers are to be warned about today to be saved from. 

The damnation is losing crowns and not attending the Marriage Supper by being left behind.  Once that door is shut, that reward of that first inheritance of being of the firstfruits can never be had again so in that sense, it is a damnation, and in respect to the falling away from the faith, unless the believers that have gone astray repent by His help and by His grace, they will not be saved from being left behind to witness the fire coming on the earth and the coming great tribulation.

If anyone doubts this:  read on to the next chapter as Paul addresses those wicked & unreasonable men that have not faith that do not follow after the traditions taught of us that are disorderly as they are in those movements of the "Spirit".

2 Thessalonians 3:1Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: 2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. 3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil. 4 And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you. 5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ. 6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. 7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;.....14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. 15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

So even here, Paul still acknowledges those astray as still saved because they are still brothers. 

This is why excommunication is taught and supposed to be practised in churches to lead believers that sin or have gone astray to repentance to welcome back into the fold, because if the church does not do it, God will at the pre tribulational rapture event to receive them later after the great tribulation.  Just as our confidence is in Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd to keep us from falling and to present us faultless, we can have confidence that He will finish His work in those unrepentant saints that gets left behind. 

John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Because of the falling away from the faith, God is judging His House first to restore the wayward and unrepentant saints back to the path of righteousness for His name's sake because He really is the Good Shepherd.

Matthew 18:11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. 12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? 13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. 14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

According to His words,  I thank Him that I believe He is going to get those saints that went astray that got left behind for they have been bought with a rpice and sealed as His.

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Edited by Hobbes

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

John 20:22

And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.

The above happened after the Resurrection but before the ascension of Jesus.

Acts 2:1-4

When the day of Pentecost arrived, they were all together in one place. And suddenly there came from heaven a sound like a mighty rushing wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting. And divided tongues as of fire appeared to them and rested[a] on each one of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance

The above verses in Acts happened after the ascension of Jesus. So why did the Apostles receive the Holy Spirit twice after the resurrection?

If God is not a respecter of persons, then why shouldn't/can't people seek the same that the Apostles had including what happened to them on the day of Pentecost, tongues and all? Also, remember, On the day of Pentecost they were mocked then also. Be careful what you label as false just because YOU don't agree with it.

Firestormx