Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
whigumstyx

Trust and Seek

18 posts in this topic

On the topic of trusting in God and knowing that he will be there for me, I often find myself falling down (like most of us). But I get up again and try to learn from my mistakes. However, I always have that feeling that I know that I will fall again.

I struggle with that.

How do I know that I am not falling again on purpose (sub-consciously)? I know that I don't fail/fall on purpose. I just do.

At least I'm conscious of this, better than not.

I do know that God finds use in my faults. He has certainly guided me and corrected my path.

**Link removed**

Anyone else think of this stuff on a daily (if not hourly basis)?

God Bless!

Edited by ncn
Please do not post blog links

Welcome to Worthy.  :thumbsup: 

This forum's description (Worthy Welcome) is: "Shalom!

Welcome to Worthy Boards, introduce yourself and join our Christian community!"

Feel free to introduce yourself as you join our community.

Once you make 5 posts you will have access to the rest of the forums and will be able to start threads on other forums within WCF on topics that interest you.

I used to have a fear of this. Perhaps God was trying to remove the remains of my self righteousness and to help me recognize that the only good thing in me is Jesus Christ. I was still learning to walk in the Spirit at the time. Romans 8 says there is no condemnation to those who walk after the Spirit. As I came to comprehend more of God's love for sinners and for myself, this became less and less of an issue. So long as I do not willfully sin, I live in a forgiven state and the blood of Jesus continually cleanses me from all sin. But should I knowingly sin, if I confess my sin He is faithful and just to forgive and cleanse me. 1 John 1.

I am glad you have joined us at worthy, but I am not sure what to call you. Would Gum be OK?

Blessings

Willa

Blessings whigumstyx

Welcome to Worthy,,,,,,I am sure you are anxious to get responses to your question & after 5 posts when it is placed in an appropriate forum I am sure you will get many ,as ncn said,this is only the Welcome Forum .I will look for your thread & be happy to participate,,,,,,glad you have come,look forward to discussion                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

Thanks for the responses!

Question: What links are allowed? Are they allowed in the regular part of the forum?

Hello and welcome "whigumstyx",

You have important concerns that nearly every Christian struggles about.  I think you'll find that once you get into a regular forum, you will receive a wealth of info.  I had the opportunity to read through one person's question and all of the replies that person received.  I was rejoicing at the amount of wisdom coming from so many different members here.  This seems to be a great site.

Agape,

Greg

Welcome to Worthy!!

Welcome