Sister

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

I believe that because there is so much symbolism in the bible, some things are simply missed.

Anyone whether Jew or Greek who have put on the new man in Christ will take part in the first resurrection. There is no distinction.  These will be changed at the coming.

All these saints will rule with Christ for 1000 years.  The Jews who believed and followed Christ will be saints also, eg the apostles and their disciples and any Israelite living according to Christ will be in that resurrection.

But the rest of Israel, going back to the early generations who were born "before" Christ did not know him.

Christ clearly said he is the door, and that "no man come come to the Father except through him.

So what about the old prophets, and Israelites who served God following the old law, was their worship in vain?

Absolutely not.

These will have their opportunity during the millennium.  They will be brought back to life in "the flesh".  They will live again, and they will be taught to worship God according to the new covenant, Christ.  This type of worship does not include animal sacrifices and rituals as per the old covenant, as this was done away with at Christ's death. 

Where on earth did I get this idea? Sounds crazy right?

Well put the scriptures all together, 

and now put this scripture into the scenario.

Ezekiel 37:5   Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
Ezekiel 37:6   And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

Ezekiel 37:10   So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.

Ezekiel 37:12   Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

Ezekiel 37:13   And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
Ezekiel 37:14   And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

Ezekiel 37:21   And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
Ezekiel 37:22   And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:

Ezekiel 37:28   And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

You can read that whole chapter for yourself to get a clearer picture.

It is obvious to me who will be the inhabitants of the kingdom during the millennium.  Israel, ....but they will be in the flesh.  Big difference.  The ressurected saints will be there also overseeing them.  Christ will be their king.  I think this is going to be an amazing time and we will see things happen that we've missed in the scriptures. 

What do you think?  Is this truth or fantasy?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I'm not so sure that you can limit the millennial kingdom to just Israelis.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

There is nothing in scripture stating the dead will come back to life to rule during Christ 1000 year reign. What is being spoken of in Ezekiel 37 is the spiritual nature of the Jewish people, spiritually dead. I think you are trying to make this fit into the millennium, which it doess not.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

I believe that because there is so much symbolism in the bible, some things are simply missed.

Anyone whether Jew or Greek who have put on the new man in Christ will take part in the first resurrection. There is no distinction.  These will be changed at the coming.

All these saints will rule with Christ for 1000 years.  The Jews who believed and followed Christ will be saints also, eg the apostles and their disciples and any Israelite living according to Christ will be in that resurrection.

But the rest of Israel, going back to the early generations who were born "before" Christ did not know him.

Christ clearly said he is the door, and that "no man come come to the Father except through him.

So what about the old prophets, and Israelites who served God following the old law, was their worship in vain?

Absolutely not.

These will have their opportunity during the millennium.  They will be brought back to life in "the flesh".  They will live again, and they will be taught to worship God according to the new covenant, Christ.  This type of worship does not include animal sacrifices and rituals as per the old covenant, as this was done away with at Christ's death. 

Ezekiel 37:5   Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:

Ezekiel 37:6   And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

Ezekiel 37:10   So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.

Ezekiel 37:12   Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

Ezekiel 37:13   And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,

Ezekiel 37:14   And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

Ezekiel 37:21   And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:

Ezekiel 37:22   And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:

Ezekiel 37:28   And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

It is obvious to me who will be the inhabitants of the kingdom during the millennium.  Israel, ....but they will be in the flesh.  Big difference.  The ressurected saints will be there also overseeing them.  Christ will be their king.  I think this is going to be an amazing time and we will see things happen that we've missed in the scriptures. 

From Adam to last of the old testement people will be ressurected in the first ressurection as saints with the second coming of Jesus to rule with Him over wicked nations 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

The old testament saints rose with Christ at His resurrection.

Absolutely not.

1 Corinthians 10 King James Version (KJV)

10 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

Where are they now ? thanks 

Where is King David ? Is he in heaven looking down at us? thanks  

Edited by justfaith

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,130
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Psa 68:18 - When you ascended on high, you led captives in your train, and gave gifts to men;... Eph 4:8,9  - When He ascended on high, He led captives in his train and gave gifts to men.  The spirits/souls of OT Saints rose at His ascension.  He who descended to the lower, earthly regions also ascended higher than all the heavens in order to fill the whole universe.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

Nothing in the Bible about people looking down on us, The Bible doesn't say who all, or where they went, only that they were seen by many