• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

I just heard on a radio sermon that we are on earth to prepare us for our eternal dwelling. Ive heard this mentioned before. Is their anything inscripture pointing to this?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I just heard on a radio sermon that we are on earth to prepare us for our eternal dwelling. Ive heard this mentioned before. Is their anything in scripture pointing to this?

All of scripture is pointing us back to God. The choice to follow Him has to be made while we are alive. Once saved, He creates in us a new man, in the likeness of Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

• Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Hi, Pamela. There are two type of people on the Earth, the unsaved (unregenerated Man, the natural 'Man' , as the Apostle Paul calls him) and the regenerated Man, the Christian. The unsaved Man doesn't have the capacity nor the propensity to prepare for Heaven, the Christian is always preparing.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Hi, Pamela. There are two type of people on the Earth, the unsaved (unregenerated Man, the natural 'Man' , as the Apostle Paul calls him) and the regenerated Man, the Christian. The unsaved Man doesn't have the capacity nor the propensity to prepare for Heaven, the Christian is always preparing.

Where in the bible says that we are going to heaven ? thanks 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Pamelasv & justfaith,

Yes there are quite a few scriptures concerning this wonderful topic of our eternal inheritance in heaven in Christ Jesus. Here are some -

`For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building (body) from God, a house (body) not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.` (2 Cor. 5: 1 ff)

`to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable & undefiled & will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you.`  (1 Peter 1: 4)

`because of the hope laid up for you in heaven...` (Col. 1: 5)

`....& seated us in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.` (Eph. 2: 6)

`For our citizenship is in heaven.....`  (Phil. 3: 20)

`Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of a heavenly calling,...` (Heb. 3: 1)

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I just heard on a radio sermon that we are on earth to prepare us for our eternal dwelling. Ive heard this mentioned before. Is their anything inscripture pointing to this?

Yes it is true.....

8 None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 However, as it is written:

“What no eye has seen,

what no ear has heard,

and what no human mind has conceived”

the things God has prepared for those who love him—

we are here to qualify our love for Him/Them....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

II Corinthians 5:1

Paul is stating here that if our earthly body/tabernacle/temple is destroyed we will have a new body, at Jesus 2nd Coming, Philippians 3:20-21

Paul also stated that it is far better for us to depart (die physically) and be with Christ, now this is just our spirit being with Christ as our body(ies) will be in the grave, I Thessalonians 4:14-18

21)  For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

22)  But if i live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I know not.

23)  For i amin a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

24)  Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

Philippians 1:21-24

But I think your real answer might lie in reading Hebrews 11:13-16; 13:14 and perhaps John 14:1-3.  Plus Marilyn C, gave you some great scriptures.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

I think some of you may have missed my point.  I assume we are here to serve Christ for His reasons on earth, not to prepare ourselves for our eternal jobs in heaven.  But, maybe we are, who knows. I just have never seen or noticed anything in scripture saying we ourselves are getting prepared or trained for our future purposes in heaven.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Pam...if you heard that teaching, who taught it and what biblical references did they use?  Do you remember?  if not, that'sok...I've heard that too and I am thinking

maybe some obscure reference is being used but I'm trying to find something..........not sure on this one

well, the site 'gotquestions' has this to say if you want to read it:

I don't think I know of something specific in scripture that alludes to work or jobs...

The Bible does say that we were created for God's pleasure though

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I think some of you may have missed my point.  I assume we are here to serve Christ for His reasons on earth, not to prepare ourselves for our eternal jobs in heaven.  But, maybe we are, who knows. I just have never seen or noticed anything in scripture saying we ourselves are getting prepared or trained for our future purposes in heaven.

Our focus would be to be more like Christ as He works in and through us. When we are finally with Him, we become like Him in every way. What we do now will be brought with us when we are brought into the next life. Is that our goal? Probably not consciously, but subconsciously it very well may be. Here, we strive to do His will. When we are with Him, we will be doing His will. I think of this life as school.