Samonee

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I'm still learning which boards to post certain topics to.

Please forgive me if this is not on the correct board.

I ran across this post from Hebrew for Christians.

It meant a little something to me because August 25 is my last week of work.

I am looking forward to getting my Bible reading, Bible study, Scripture memory, prayer life back in order. I really liked this article because it talks about a whole month setting aside to get our spiritual house back in order.

----"The month of Elul is therefore a time set aside each year to prepare for the Yamim Nora'im, the "Days of Awe," by getting our spiritual house in order."

http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Scripture/Parashah/parashah.html

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I think we'd be a lot better off by not letting our spiritual house get out of kilter in the first place

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I am looking forward to getting my Bible reading, Bible study, Scripture memory, prayer life back in order. I really liked this article because it talks about a whole month setting aside to get our spiritual house back in order.

----"The month of Elul is therefore a time set aside each year to prepare for the Yamim Nora'im, the "Days of Awe," by getting our spiritual house in order."

Thank you for posting this. This is a great practice that we could all benefit from, the Jewish feasts/practices are absolutely fascinating, help me understand the Bible and the Lord *Much better*, and they foreshadow what will be in short order.

Guest shiloh357

Getting one's house in order from a Jewish perspective at during the Days of Awe pertains to the coming judgment.  Rosh Hashannah and Yom Kippur are what the Days of Awe are preparation for. 

As a believer, I have passed from judgment to life.  I don't have to worry about the Days of Awe.  I have already been to the judgment bar and I got that account settled.  I was judged righteous.  So while there is interesting insights, it is not something a Christian needs to observe.   Observance of this High Holy Day season cannot provide anything we don't already have in Jesus.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  257
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Samonee, like Hindsfeet I find your post helpful, and you have awakened an interest in Hebrew that I once pursued - I still have the  book on learning Hebrew promoted by that site. The feasts are indeed fascinating and wonderful to study;so rich in symbolism and promise. Thank you, I have bookmarked the site so I can dip in now and then :)