Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FreeinChrist

John Hagee

66 posts in this topic

So what are your thoughts on John Hagee.  I think when I went to Boot Camp in Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX,  I might have meet the man,  But just learn that he was divorce in the 70's does anyone know much about him?

Should say when I meet him, something just didn't click, and when listening to him, yesterday on TV, same feeling, but maybe my own spirit is just being critical.

Like most others there are things he teaches that I agree with and a few that I don't.  He is an excellent speaker and very quick witted.  Sometimes it's hard to follow  what he is getting across for his subjects are deep.

An example was when he said that Jesus didn't come to be the messiah when he was born here and everyone I know had a fit over it.    What he was getting at was that Jesus didn't come to be the king of Israel on his first trip, he came to save the world (which he did).     I don't know of anyone more dedicated to the peace and safety of Israel.

I never cuddled up to him for some reason, thought I don't know him personally, but I don't watch him. He has a huge congregation in El Paso.

I don't keep up with him on a regular basis, but he does occasionally write a book that I will read.

I read something on-line about John Hagee getting divorced in the 70s and marrying a woman from his church.  Maybe its true and maybe its not.  It is hard to know about things you read on the internet.  Even if it is true, it is hard for me to hold something against him going back that far, given how many years he has been with his current wife.  That is between him and God.  I am not sure how his church is structured, with relation to whether or not he acts as a bishop, so again, I am not that concerned about it.  That is between him, his church, and God. 

As far as his teachings go, he is about as sound as anyone on tv.  I would say more so than most, but I don't follow him regularly.  It is like Jimmy Swaggart.  I watch his live church services sometimes, but I don't agree with everything I hear, and everything that he or his son has done. 

Like Other One, there are some things he teaches I agree with, and others I do not. One thing that I find hard to accept is his manner of teaching. He screams a lot. Other than that, I have not seen or heard anything from his I would call false teaching, then again, I don't follow him.

He loves and stands with Israel as much as anyone I have seen from the gentile church. He formed a organization named CUFI (Christians United for Israel). Someone once said about the organization that we come together to stand with Israel but I see Israel has united us! I believe he loves Zion and God uses him in this purpose.I believe Israel needs standers and I accept him as one. His work is of the kingdom of God and against the rulers of Darkness

Like most others there are things he teaches that I agree with and a few that I don't.  He is an excellent speaker and very quick witted.  Sometimes it's hard to follow  what he is getting across for his subjects are deep.

An example was when he said that Jesus didn't come to be the messiah when he was born here and everyone I know had a fit over it.    What he was getting at was that Jesus didn't come to be the king of Israel on his first trip, he came to save the world (which he did).     I don't know of anyone more dedicated to the peace and safety of Israel.

The part in italics I can't agree with, but the part underlined I admired him greatly for.

I never cuddled up to him for some reason, thought I don't know him personally, but I don't watch him. He has a huge congregation in El Paso.

HGMG, I kinda have the same issue, and I have heard some good sermons from him, but til I know for sure I'll have to say that it is my own human spirit, and the not the Holy Spirit that isn't mashing.

Even I read something on-line about John Hagee getting divorced in the 70s and marrying a woman from his church.  Maybe its true and maybe its not.  It is hard to know about things you read on the internet.if it is true, it is hard for me to hold something against him going back that far, given how many years he has been with his current wife.  That is between him and God.  I am not sure how his church is structured, with relation to whether or not he acts as a bishop, so again, I am not that concerned about it.  That is between him, his church, and God. 

As far as his teachings go, he is about as sound as anyone on tv.  I would say more so than most, but I don't follow him regularly.  It is like Jimmy Swaggart.  I watch his live church services sometimes, but I don't agree with everything I hear, and everything that he or his son has done. 

Being as sound as anyone on TV, wouldn't help my opinion of someone.   Don't get me wrong I like some TV Evangelist but very few.

The yelling is a major turn off for me.  I do think he is a Christian though...just has that old time pentecostal way of delivering his message.  

(sorry don't mean to offend anyone but I have heard an awful lot of yelling pentecostal preachers....don't know why they do that)

I don't really tune him in but a few times I did listen a bit and I agreed with what he was teaching, but it seems he whips up the congregation

I can see how people would go 'Whaaaaa?'

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0