IGNORED

Gap in the last 70th week of the 70 weeks from the first 69?

FreeinChrist

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

So I was just wondering how do those who believe in the Pre-Trib Rapture get a long period, will over 1000 years period between the end of the 69th week of Daniel 9:24-27 and the beginning of the 70th week?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

The period is over 1900 years. This gap is the Gentile era.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Do I want to know when it's over........   I did at one time, but I'm not to sure any more.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10

Do I want to know when it's over........   I did at one time, but I'm not to sure any more.

It will be over VERY SOON after the sound of a very loud trumpet blast! It will be Paul's "last trump."

John shows us that there will be a short period of time after the pretrib rapture: time to mark the 144,000. Once that is accomplished, the 7th seal will MARK in heaven the offical start of the 70th week of Daniel.

LAMAD

Thanks for the respond, and answer(s), and OakWood, yea the gap would be nearly 2000 years, so your number, over 1900 years is better stated.

Just trying to understand the Pre-Trib Doctrine a little better; as I definitely don't agree with it, but have found most who do try to say loyal to honoring the Word of God.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for the respond, and answer(s), and OakWood, yea the gap would be nearly 2000 years, so your number, over 1900 years is better stated.

Just trying to understand the Pre-Trib Doctrine a little better; as I definitely don't agree with it, but have found most who do try to say loyal to honoring the Word of God.

Daniel 9:25 tells us that Messiah the Prince, Jesus, will arrive to be anointed.

“Know therefore and understand, That from the going forth of the command To restore and build Jerusalem Until Messiah the Prince, There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; The street shall be built again, and the wall, Even in troublesome times.”

The word Prince in the Greek is nagiyd (5057 in Strong’s), which can mean a commander (as occupying the front), civil, military or religious; generally (abstractly, plural), honorable themes:—captain, chief, excellent thing, (chief) governor, leader, noble, prince, (chief) ruler.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

The idea of the final "one week" of Dan.9:27 being yet fulfilled is not a doctrine specific to the Pre-trib Rapture school. Many that are post-trib understand that also.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

I was just doing some reading on Dan 9:24-27 the other day. Here's how I'm interpreting it: (bold parenthesis is my interpretation)

Dan 9:24-27

24)Seventy weeks are determined upon they people and upon they holy city, to finish the transgression (earth's sabbaths), and to make an end of sins (christ's shed blood), and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy ("it is finished" John 19:30), and to anoint the most Holy.

25) Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the comandment to restore and to build Jerusalem (King Cyrus' decree 2 Chro 36:23) unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times (Nehemiah 4:7, 8).

26) And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself (Christ was crucified in the midst of a week, and some believe that Christ's ministry lasted 3.5 years): and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary (the Romans in 70 AD); and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

27) And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week (confirm here means to strengthen or give strength to; covenant being the new covenant in his blood; passion week, also the missing week): and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate (christ's death left no reason to sacrifice animals to cover over sins, which really they cannot. Animal sacrifices were a shadow of things to come), even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.  

I agree wholeheartedly Mevosper; but I know people who love the Lord with all their heart, that see a big gap, between the 69th week and the 70th week. 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

I agree wholeheartedly Mevosper; but I know people who love the Lord with all their heart, that see a big gap, between the 69th week and the 70th week. 

I agree wholeheartedly with Jesus fulfilling the first half of the final week, I place the gap in the middle of the week.

1) I personally don't feel that the events of Daniel 9:24 were satisfactorily fulfilled 3.5 years after the crucifixion.  

2) Neither do I feel the last half of the final week was satisfactorily fulfilled in history.

3) The wording of the last 3.5 years overlaps the wording of some other verses that describe this "abomination" in end times context