IGNORED

Gap in the last 70th week of the 70 weeks from the first 69?

FreeinChrist

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

So was Jesus anti-Jewish for exposing the Pharisees? I am preaching truth. If what I said is not true how come the prophecies happened exactly as the Bible said they would?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

No where in scripture or history says that Jerusalem was destroyed after the invasion of the Babelonian's in which they partially destroyed the walls, Titus certainly didn't destroy the city in 70AD, just the Temple as retribution of the Jewish rebellion.

A lot more than just the destruction of the temple was done by the Roman army in 70 A.D.:

"The Romans, though it was a terrible struggle to collect the timber, raised their platforms in twenty-one days, having as described before stripped the whole area in a circle round the town to a distance of ten miles. The countryside like the City was a pitiful sight; for where once there had been a lovely vista of woods and parks there was nothing but desert and stumps of trees. No one - not even a foreigner - who had seen the Old Judea and the glorious suburbs of the City, and now set eyes on her present desolation, could have helped sighing and groaning at so terrible a change; for every trace of beauty had been blotted out by war, and nobody who had known it in the past and came upon it suddenly would have recognized the place: when he was already there he would still have been looking for the City." (Flavius Josephus, The Jewish War).

So was Jesus anti-Jewish for exposing the Pharisees? I am preaching truth. If what I said is not true how come the prophecies happened exactly as the Bible said they would?

The Romans in 70 A.D. never fulfilled the "abomination of desolation" prophecy Jesus quoted from the Book of Daniel. Your theory does not align with Scripture.

First century did not think so. They actually fled from Judea remembering Christ's words. Why should I interpret prophecy other than the way they realised it? There are prophecies that must line up chronologically. If what i say is false, other prophecies should not line up. See John Weasley Commentary, or Fausset Brown, or Matthew Henry on this one.

First century christians*

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

A lot more than just the destruction of the temple was done by the Roman army in 70 A.D.:

"The Romans, though it was a terrible struggle to collect the timber, raised their platforms in twenty-one days, having as described before stripped the whole area in a circle round the town to a distance of ten miles. The countryside like the City was a pitiful sight; for where once there had been a lovely vista of woods and parks there was nothing but desert and stumps of trees. No one - not even a foreigner - who had seen the Old Judea and the glorious suburbs of the City, and now set eyes on her present desolation, could have helped sighing and groaning at so terrible a change; for every trace of beauty had been blotted out by war, and nobody who had known it in the past and came upon it suddenly would have recognized the place: when he was already there he would still have been looking for the City." (Flavius Josephus, The Jewish War).

That for the information, Salty.

First century did not think so. They actually fled from Judea remembering Christ's words. Why should I interpret prophecy other than the way they realised it? There are prophecies that must line up chronologically. If what i say is false, other prophecies should not line up. See John Weasley Commentary, or Fausset Brown, or Matthew Henry on this one.

I will not be adamant, especially just waking up, but I believe the fleeing is yet future when they will flee to Petra, a place prepared for them. They will flee because of the Anti-Christ.

There are many reasons to believe what I said. FIrst the abomination of desolation is Rome. it advanced in 66 Ad but then withdrew. Christians FLED from Jerusalem remembering CHrist's words.

Per the Jewish historian Josephus, some of the Jews did flee when the Romans attacked in 70 A.D. But that did not actually fit Christ's Olivet Discourse, because the Romans did not setup any "abomination of desolation" in the temple, because the temple burned down before they could get control of it.

The placing of the "abomination of desolation" per the Book of Daniel, and per Christ's Olivet Discourse, requires... a standing temple in Jerusalem. Look for another.

There are many reasons to believe what I said. FIrst the abomination of desolation is Rome. it advanced in 66 Ad but then withdrew. Christians FLED from Jerusalem remembering CHrist's words.

Per the Jewish historian Josephus, some of the Jews did flee when the Romans attacked in 70 A.D. But that did not actually fit Christ's Olivet Discourse, because the Romans did not setup any "abomination of desolation" in the temple, because the temple burned down before they could get control of it.

The placing of the "abomination of desolation" per the Book of Daniel, and per Christ's Olivet Discourse, requires... a standing temple in Jerusalem. Look for another.

Roger that, Salty, you've got it. Except, General Titus Flavius Vespasianus did "get control of it" and he didn't leave one stone upon another.

I scarcely think that they remembered Christ' word, one they would had to have been around when he spoke them or they would have to had read Matthew 24:16 and I doubt they read the New Testament.