• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Hi Persuaded, I tried to find evidence for your point but I couldn't find a good English/Ancient Greek translation of the LXX,  the following rendering isn't clear enough to make your point. Please support your point that the ancient Greeks understood the Hebrew to mean that the sacrifices stopped, and not the week stopped.

Just the first half-dozen online LXX translations I find with google. They all say the same thing:

http://www.ecmarsh.com/lxx/Daniel/index.htm :

"27 And one week shall establish the covenant with many: and in the midst of the week my sacrifice and drink-offering shall be taken away: and on the temple shall be the abomination of desolations; and at the end of time an end shall be put to the desolation."

and here's two from two different greek sources, from http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/nets/edition/40-daniel-nets.pdf :

"And in half of the week the sacrifice and the libation will cease, and in the temple there will be an abomination of desolations until the consummation of a season, and a consummation will be given for the desolation.” "

"And itd will strengthen a covenant with many, one week, and by half of the week sacrifice and libation will cease, and in the temple there will be an abomination of desolations even until a consummation, and a consummation will be given for the desolation.” (dAntecedent unclear )

Thanks for the research.  I'm willing to take that at face value, but I'm just having a final check directly with Hebrew scholars. Recently they have discovered that linguistically ancient Hebrew evolved into a Subject/verb/object language, and its possible that the verse could be more accurately understood now that our understanding of later biblical Hebrew has improved. So I will post the reply from the linguistics experts if I get such a reply.  Thanks for your input though.

Please show us this 3 1/2 years clearly in the gospels. I think you are believing a fantasy. Why would God show us the last half of the week so clearly in days, months and years, 7 times, and not show us the first half in the gospels at all? Sorry, I don't buy this theory. It is only a guess that Jesus ministered for 3 1/2 years.

LAMAD

Because Jesus was crucified 3.5 years after the  "coming of the anointed one"  and his crucifixion was the last and final holy sacrifice, the fulfilment of the first half of the week could be seen as history.

This is why the NT never mentions a seven year period and never mentions a peace treaty. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

Please show us this 3 1/2 years clearly in the gospels. I think you are believing a fantasy. Why would God show us the last half of the week so clearly in days, months and years, 7 times, and not show us the first half in the gospels at all? Sorry, I don't buy this theory. It is only a guess that Jesus ministered for 3 1/2 years.

LAMAD

Because Jesus was crucified 3.5 years after the  "coming of the anointed one"  and his crucifixion was the last and final holy sacrifice, the fulfilment of the first half of the week could be seen as history.

This is why the NT never mentions a seven year period and never mentions a peace treaty. 

Show us the verse that says Jesus was crucified 3 1/2 years after some point in His life.

The New testament may not mention a peace treaty and in so many words. It does not say "seven years," but the entire 7 years are clearly laid out in Revelation. As I wrote before, what takes place from the 7th seal to the 7th trumpet? "Stuff" happens. These events happen in the FIRST 3 1/2 years.

Several years ago while reading in Daniel 9:27, when my eyes and my mind got to the word "midst," God spoke to me in what sounded like an audible voice. He said, "you could find that exact midpoint clearly marked on the book of Revelation." My spirit man asked Him HOW to find it and He told me. Then He added, "in fact, you could find the entire 70th week 'clearly marked.'" When He said that, suddenly I knew HOW I could find the entire week "clearly marked:" it was because God used the SAME MARKER: a "7."

So I found what He sent me to find: the entire 70th week "clearly marked." The week begins at the 7th seal - the 30 minutes of silence - and ends with 7th vial where it is written, "It is done." Some translations say "It is finished."

Your theory is only a theory and a wrong one at that.

LAMAD

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

LAMAD

Show us the verse that says Jesus was crucified 3 1/2 years after some point in His life.

The New testament may not mention a peace treaty and in so many words. It does not say "seven years," but the entire 7 years are clearly laid out in Revelation. As I wrote before, what takes place from the 7th seal to the 7th trumpet? "Stuff" happens. These events happen in the FIRST 3 1/2 years.

Several years ago while reading in Daniel 9:27, when my eyes and my mind got to the word "midst," God spoke to me in what sounded like an audible voice. He said, "you could find that exact midpoint clearly marked on the book of Revelation." My spirit man asked Him HOW to find it and He told me. Then He added, "in fact, you could find the entire 70th week 'clearly marked.'" When He said that, suddenly I knew HOW I could find the entire week "clearly marked:" it was because God used the SAME MARKER: a "7."

So I found what He sent me to find: the entire 70th week "clearly marked." The week begins at the 7th seal - the 30 minutes of silence - and ends with 7th vial where it is written, "It is done." Some translations say "It is finished."

LAMAD

:confused:

LAMAD

LAMAD

did I wrote something in a confusing way that is hard to understand?

LAMAD

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

LAMAD

LAMAD

LAMAD

very much so because God will not tell someone that the ENTIRE 70 th week is in revealation 

Edited by justfaith

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Yet the "league" of Dan.11:23 has to be included, because that's actually the "covenant" the one of Dan.9:27 makes for a 7 year period.

The making of that "league" or "covenant" shouldn't be a difficult matter to understand, because how long have the world leaders been trying to do just that since Israel became a nation again? The more we see all-out war stirring up between Israel and the Islamic nations the greater pointer to that "league" or peace pact being made in order to fulfill the Daniel prophecies of the false one coming to sit in a temple in Jerusalem as written.

In other words, without that "league" or peace pact, how will the "abomination of desolation" event involving a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem be fulfilled, because that's what God's Word points to in the Book of Daniel, Christ's Olivet Discourse, 2 Thess.2:4, and Christ's Revelation about the temple in Rev.11:1-2 and the 42 months timing?

This is why Dan.8:14 gave us the 2300 days to mark  times of the start the daily sacrifices and temple worship again in order to prepare for the ending of the daily sacrifices and placing of the abomination instead at the middle of the 7 years ("one week"). It makes a lot of sense to me that the Antichrist will show up at the start of the "one week" to initiate the building of the temple and begin the daily sacrifice again. In that the deceived Jews will think that is Messiah beyond a doubt. Only in the middle of the "one week" (7 years) when that Antichrist ends the daily sacrifice and sets up the AOD would they have reason to suspect he is not The Messiah.

LAMAD

LAMAD

LAMAD

very much so because God will not tell someone that the ENTIRE 70 th week is in revealation 

So you are astounded - almost speechless at the truth. That should show you just how far off your theory is.  The truth is, God DID tell me. The truth is, the entire 70th week is right there in Revelation for all to read. Did you ever stop to think: if there is a MIDPOINT - and there certainly is, then that midpoint goes back in time to the beginning and from the midpoint to the end. It would be impossible to have a MIDpoint without a beginning and an ending. The beginning is the 30 minutes of silence. The ending is the 7th vial.

LAMAD

Yet the "league" of Dan.11:23 has to be included, because that's actually the "covenant" the one of Dan.9:27 makes for a 7 year period.

The making of that "league" or "covenant" shouldn't be a difficult matter to understand, because how long have the world leaders been trying to do just that since Israel became a nation again? The more we see all-out war stirring up between Israel and the Islamic nations the greater pointer to that "league" or peace pact being made in order to fulfill the Daniel prophecies of the false one coming to sit in a temple in Jerusalem as written.

In other words, without that "league" or peace pact, how will the "abomination of desolation" event involving a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem be fulfilled, because that's what God's Word points to in the Book of Daniel, Christ's Olivet Discourse, 2 Thess.2:4, and Christ's Revelation about the temple in Rev.11:1-2 and the 42 months timing?

This is why Dan.8:14 gave us the 2300 days to mark  times of the start the daily sacrifices and temple worship again in order to prepare for the ending of the daily sacrifices and placing of the abomination instead at the middle of the 7 years ("one week"). It makes a lot of sense to me that the Antichrist will show up at the start of the "one week" to initiate the building of the temple and begin the daily sacrifice again. In that the deceived Jews will think that is Messiah beyond a doubt. Only in the middle of the "one week" (7 years) when that Antichrist ends the daily sacrifice and sets up the AOD would they have reason to suspect he is not The Messiah.

I believe Daniel 11:1-35 is history.  Until verse 35 all the events have an exactly matching historical event. To apply all those intermarriages etc to the modern world is far-fetched when we already have clear fulfilments.

Then from verse 35/36 we have reference to the time of the end, and after that until verse 45 we have no historical match. So I believe its only the last 10 verses of daniel 11 that apply to the antichrist.

I also believe Daniel 8 is completely matched by history and does not refer to the end-times.   I believe Daniel 2, Daniel 7, Daniel 9:27b and Daniel 11:35- 12 are end-times related.

Summary: the antichrist's forerunner, Antiochus Epiphanes also has a prominent role in Daniel's prophecies, being mentioned in Daniel 8 and Daniel 11. He is not as prominent as the antichrist , but does get mentioned.

LAMAD

Its not a single verse that proves that Jesus' ministry was 3.5 years long. Its general consensus among biblical scholars by studying the events of his life with particular focus on the 4 Passover feasts he participated in.  His first Passover of his ministry occurred in the 46th year of the rebuilding of the temple, which places the first Passover in spring 26AD. John's ministry started just a year earlier, occurring in the 15th year of Tiberius Caesar (Luke 3:1) , being 25AD.  So Jesus' ministry started sometime between these two events. Jesus' fourth Passover, his crucifixion, therefore occurred in 30AD.  This all matches closely to 3.5 years, which as I said is the general consensus of the length of Jesus' ministry.  In addition many scholars argue for a 30AD date for the crucifixion which would fit in with a 3.5 year ministry regardless of counting the Passovers.

Add to the fact that Jesus was anointed in the River Jordan at the beginning of the 3.5 years and acknowledged publicly as the Messiah by John the Baptist, this is the "coming of the anointed one".   Jesus did confirm that he is the fulfilment of God's promise, telling those in Nazareth how he fulfills Isaiah. Jesus' crucifixion was the final sacrifice, the last sacrifice according to Hebrew. And so in every respect, Jesus fulfilled the first half of Daniel 9:27.   Additionally most translations have two separate people in Daniel 9:27 , not just one. Translations use the word "he" at first, and then change to the word "one" or a "desolator" for the second character.

Conclusion: Jesus fits the one who confirms the covenant even better than the antichrist because Jesus did so at the coming of the anointed one, the timing is better, and the events are more biblically significant to Jewish destiny. (Jesus' coming/Jesus crucifixion)