• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

I've happen to come across the verse or someone discussing the verse below from 1 Timothy 3:2, That this applies to all pastors.

1 Timothy 3:2

A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behavior, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

It's got me wondering, does this apply to all callings? I mean all, Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Teacher and of course Pastor. If  not, why just Bishops and pastors? I'm not really sure what to think about this, because My now ex-wife left me years ago and divorced me against my will. So my judgement in this may be biased. 

I welcome all comments and discussions on this subject.

God Bless 

Firestormx

Joseph

I see bishop in the text so I wouldn't go beyond that. It's not necessary to second guess God, although being human it can be a reflex at times. Bishops, correct me if I'm wrong, establish/oversee more then one church/pastor.

With that said, if you are not able to be a witness/example that represents a higher standard, it would be hard to establish credibility of spiritual authority with the new Pastors and/or carnal Christians. 

Thanks for the comment