• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

This is a question not meant to judge in any way. I am just interested to provoke some thought and perhaps get some direction.

Mat 28:18  And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
Mat 28:19  Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Mat 28:20  teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

What have you (us/me) done to further this command this year ? (note it is not a suggestion, it is a command. Nor does it say you need to be gifted in any way).

Have you done anything to Go as commanded? To make disciples? Teaching them to observe the Word?

Take stock and look truthfully into your heart and answer to yourself, not necessarily here if you don't feel like doing so (although it would be great to hear testimonies).

Me, truthfully, I would say "not enough".

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

That would be my reply as well. I don't get out as much as I once did. Most of my outreach is here. Since I can't really evaluate if anything I write is ministering to people to encourage them as believers or to help them to understand and observe the Word, I just try to reply the way the Lord has taught me through my own trials. It may or may not apply to another's situation. So what I write may serve to offend even. I hope not. It is a bit like the blind leading the blind; it is hard to get the whole story here. I can't look into their eyes but can only listen to the Holy Spirit the best I can. People can't always perceive my love and compassion.

Worst of all they don't get my sense of humor which can be deadpan and slighty satryical. That was true once when you replied to my crack about American foreign policy being do the all those foreigners. I thought it was ludicrously hallarious but you took it seriously. My apologies.

No sweat, it's sometimes hard to decipher comments online when you don't know the person and can't look into their eyes. It's the one part of online Ministry that I find frustrating at times.

But back to my question. I ask it because in a way doing what Jesus commanded has a direct and lasting effect on where the church will be in the future. If we fail in this command, so does the church. That's not a light responsibility. 

There is only us. No one else is going to do it. No one else has been commanded to do it. Just us. And one day we will need to answer to it.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

I have done nothing outside of the Sunday School I attend if they hear something from God out of me. I don't know if I am doing as you say, Fez, I reckon not.

For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. 1 Corinthians 4:15

I have done nothing outside of the Sunday School I attend if they hear something from God out of me. I don't know if I am doing as you say, Fez, I reckon not.

For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. 1 Corinthians 4:15

Yep, I guess we have a (collective) problem with regard to Matthew 28:19.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

This is a question not meant to judge in any way. I am just interested to provoke some thought and perhaps get some direction.

Mat 28:18  And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
Mat 28:19  Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Mat 28:20  teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

What have you (us/me) done to further this command this year ? (note it is not a suggestion, it is a command. Nor does it say you need to be gifted in any way).

Have you done anything to Go as commanded? To make disciples? Teaching them to observe the Word?

Take stock and look truthfully into your heart and answer to yourself, not necessarily here if you don't feel like doing so (although it would be great to hear testimonies).

Me, truthfully, I would say "not enough".

Interesting

The making disciple part of the great commission doesn't get much attention.

I formed a discipleship group for those wanting to move closer to God.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

This year I have taken time to invest in understanding how to carry the message to those who have been burned by false teachers and antichrists posing as messengers of light.

I am working on long term discipleship that requires me to invest large amounts of time and energy to walk side by side others teaching by a living example coupled with preaching at whatever level the individual is at.

I currently am discipling 2 men on a long term basis that I have had walking with me for 2 months now. A third one I started with last year still calls and visits from time to time after moving to Chicago.

One of the two had no real meaninful connections with anything biblical while the other had some upbringing but came to me with a vast amount of doubt concerning the bible. I try to spend somewhere around 14 to 16 hours a week with them.

I have also worked on discipling men at work to a greater extent by changing my in your face approach to a more relaxed and practical question and answer dialog where I honestly seek to understand where they are at regarding God and his Son.

Why do I do what I do? It is simple. To whom much is forgiven much loves. God motivates me to the task by his great love he loves me with. Of myself I can do nothing but offend people.

Thanks for the topic and for letting me share.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The last sentence of Christ words in Matthew 28:19 is the most important source for all of life. "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." I am listening to and obeying what King Yeshua is bringing into our lives as the Body of Christ. This is truth that remains constant in the kingdom of heaven, that we all together are commanded to love our Creator and everything that Christ has commanded and encourages us to do together. What an honor and priveledge it is to have a Messiah who leads us from within our souls! King Yeshua has the entire universe in His soul and shares it with anyone that repents and turns with their heart and soul to Him! Thank you Christ and I hope that you are enjoying all the friends you are receiving right now and forever! :)

Guest Bethany

Christ has used me personally to help two women be ushered back into a relationship with him. They had walked away or were lukewarm Christians. God used me to lead two other people in bars come to Christ and commit themselves to him. I also enjoy discipling the women my age at church and the youth group. I've also recently been given the ability through opened hearts to talk more about Christ at work. Nurses have been asking questions from "What is speaking in tongues/is it biblical?" to "Why does your "good" God allow suffering?". I've been put in situations this year that I have never been in before. God has pushed me to step up as a leader in my church and community like never before. I've been surrounded by people who want to disciple me as well!

There is definintly room for growth. With one of the women I helped lead back to Christ, I completely dropped the ball on discipling her. It was a strong relationship at first, but I grew tired and weary of helping a baby Christian. I did, and am currently, doing a much better job and taking greater responsibilty for the care of the newest believer God has placed in my life.

I would like to think I plant seeds here and there even though most people don't accept Christ when I share with them abou him. I think I also need to be more open to the Holy Spirits leading. Sometimes I think he tells me to talk to someone...and I dont. So there have beens strengths in this area...and weaknesses. Thankfully, I worship a God who is patient with me and will continue to refine me in this area and all areas of my walk with him.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Baby, new born, Christians are supposed to supple on us, they rightfully drain life out of us. Some times long time Christians does too (support the weak)? So, nurture them, allow them to drain life out of you then get yourself refilled.