Sign in to follow this  
JustinT

So full yet so empty

This evening I broke my fast. I went for 22 days with just water. The Lord has moved in me so much and I feel a stronger connection with him than i had before. Ive grown spiritually and emotionally. 

Bless you Justin.   I've never fasted anywhere near that long.....

Awesome!!! - Praise the Lord!

Physically, I can't fast, I'll get sick.

Back in the 70s, I had read about fasting in sack clothe and ashes, so I put on the raggedest old clothes that I had, I didn't have any ashes, and sat in my clothet (spl?) all day and I was fasting. No, I just missed TV and sunshine and food for nothing.

Not to discount your experience and growth.

Praise the Lord. You grew stronger and closer to Him as a result of fasting. Thanks for sharing. God Bless you, Justin. :)

The only time I fasted it was not intentional. My intense longing and prayer for my husband's salvation in the earlly 70s was such that I could not eat. But I confess that all of my prayers changed me a lot. I finally concluded that God could have saved him at any time. He was just waiting for me to change enough to be able to receive a reborn husband. But I know people who came back from such a fast with renewed zeal and love for the Lord. It was a time of crucifixion of the old man.

Blessings Justin, you are certainly welcome here.

Willa

Blessings Justin

Welcome to Worthy.....good for you,Praise the Lord!                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

Welcome to Worthy.