WordSword

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,159
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

The waiting reveals the most concerning the strength of faith. Impatience evinces a low level of understanding faith, and patience, a high level. The more truth accepted without physical proof, the greater is the faith, for faith, being the “substance” and “evidence” of things not physically verifiable (Heb 11:1) is greatest when active in the absence of physical proof. The greater the absence of physical proof, the greater potential for the activity of faith; hence conversely, the greater the physical proof, the lessor the potential for greater faith.

Such is the cause of the gradual removal of physical proof, that faith may be at its greatest, for in this life only will faith be necessary as we “walk by faith, not by sight” (2Co 5:7), unlike eternity (1 Jhn 3:2; Rev 21:24).

I believe the best example of faith at its pinnacle is displayed in Romans 8:28, in believing that there is nothing that can alter the truth that God uses all that transpires “for good to them that love God.” This is said to include “all things,” which means whatsoever is in the existence of this life.

I’m reminded of the classic cartoon, “Mr. Magoo” who, though old and nearsighted (Myopia), always ended up where he should be. This parallels Romans 8:28, in that the believer will always be in the care of God (1 Pet 5:7) by “ordering” his “steps,” which is “directing” his “paths” (Psa 37:23; Pro 3:6). “Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholds him with His hand” (Psa 37:24).

Waiting is easier, faith is greater, and patience reveals most (Luke 21:19) that you are undoubtedly convinced everything that you or anyone will do cannot alter God’s promise of His care for you, exemplified by the “ten virgins” (Mat 25:1-13) and the “faithful and wise servant” (Mat 24:45-51).

Surly there can be no greater comfort (short of Christ coming for His Church) than being assured, that regardless of our (believers) understanding concerning anything, we are Magoo-proofed.

-NC

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

I have to say, Wow, it is so rich and meaningful. I will read this more than once to digest it. Members should pay attention to the OP.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Word-Sword,

Thank you for that word & I appreciate that is takes `learning to be content` as the Apostle Paul said.

Thank you for your comments of encouragement!

Suggested reading, the OP. It's worth the time.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/21/1952

Maybe the "evidence" that is the proof of faith is not seen by the human eyes, but are seen by looking at the things not seen, which are clearly seen by faith.

Word-Sword. I loved your post and I saw immediately that this was something. Keep posting!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Rom 8:28 is often used without acknowleding the greater context of the verse. If you look at verse 29 as well it reads more like the good God is working out for us is actually conforming us to the image of His Son (note the "for" at the start of the sentence) which is, in the long run, better than any other type of good which He could be working out for us.

Rom 8:28 is often used without acknowleding the greater context of the verse. If you look at verse 29 as well it reads more like the good God is working out for us is actually conforming us to the image of His Son (note the "for" at the start of the sentence) which is, in the long run, better than any other type of good which He could be working out for us.

Hello and I agree, God's ultimate intentions for all things is "according to His purpose," and the greatest good for the believer is always for that which He causes everything to "work together," which is as you've indicated, to "be conformed to the image of His Son." 

Maybe the "evidence" that is the proof of faith is not seen by the human eyes, but are seen by looking at the things not seen, which are clearly seen by faith.

Hi CCW - Nicely put concerning Hebrews 11:1.  The proof, substance and evidence is "faith," which is believing God's Word, and the more we understand it, the more we have to believe on and the stronger our faith grows.  

I believe faith admits not in degrees of quantity, but in quality, as demonstrated by the Lord Jesus in His "mustard seed" analogy where size is irrelevant (Mat 17:20); also seen as weak and strong (Rom 4:19, 20).