• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/09/1941

hi

I always wondered if that great tribulation out of which came the great crowed ; was a "one event occurrence like some seem to teach " I believe that the great tribulation is in fact our lifespan within our life's in God's truth,just as Christ went through during his 3.5 years as the true messiah ,

what then makes our cloths white is our faithfulness ,our pure faith ,the good deeds they have collected during that time for the glory of God and his son ,

this is why their number could not be counted for it is an ongoing number until the end of this age ,

what you guys think ?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  257
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I shall ponder on that when  I have time to reflect on those verses terraricca - thank you, interesting :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,769
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  270

There is mention of tribulation for each of us throughout our lives, but Matthew chapter 24 and Mark chapter 13 speak of a time when the tribulation will be greater than has ever been or will be.

It is my understanding that the "Great Tribulation" we all speak of is referring to this particular time period.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

hi

I always wondered if that great tribulation out of which came the great crowed ; was a "one event occurrence like some seem to teach " I believe that the great tribulation is in fact our lifespan within our life's in God's truth,just as Christ went through during his 3.5 years as the true messiah ,

what then makes our cloths white is our faithfulness ,our pure faith ,the good deeds they have collected during that time for the glory of God and his son ,

this is why their number could not be counted for it is an ongoing number until the end of this age ,

what you guys think ?

I disagree.

Reason is because our Heavenly Father and His Son gave warning to His servants living at the very end of this present world with very specific event times and seasons to be watching that lead up to His second coming. For one who seeks to heed His commandments, His command to be watching at the end and not be deceived is one of them. The fact that His Apostles also repeat the same warnings about the times means The LORD emphasized that even more through them. Thus there is a test upon those in Christ for the very end of this world, to see if His will actually heed what He declared about events for the end of this world leading up to His return, or listen to men, or devise their own doctrine.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service

There is mention of tribulation for each of us throughout our lives, but Matthew chapter 24 and Mark chapter 13 speak of a time when the tribulation will be greater than has ever been or will be.

It is my understanding that the "Great Tribulation" we all speak of is referring to this particular time period.

Mt 13:36 Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field.” 
Mt 13:37 He answered, “The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. 
Mt 13:38 The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 
Mt 13:39 and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels. 
Mt 13:40 “As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. 
Mt 13:41 The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 
Mt 13:42 They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 
Mt 13:43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books

Ecc 12:14 For God will bring every deed into judgment, 
including every hidden thing, 
whether it is good or evil.
MT 5:45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous
2Ti 4:6 For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. 
2Ti 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 
2Ti 4:8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
it seem that what we do as been recorded some how ,and on that we will be judged ,

and all our tribulation or test of our faith will be shown by the out come ,by our faithfulness ,perseverance ,

and the washing of our soul is done between our time that we come to Christ until we pass away ;or Christ return 

and more ;

LK 12:33 “ Sell your possessions and give to charity; make yourselves money belts which do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near nor moth destroys. 
LK 18:22 When Jesus heard this, He said to him, “One thing you still lack; sell all that you possess and distribute it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

It's dangerous to spiritualize scripture that was never meant to be symbolic. The Bible usually tells us when it's literal and when it's symbolic. As Other One has said, we're told we'll have tribulation in our lives in a general sense. However, when it comes to the events spoken of in Revelation and elsewhere in the Word, everything is much to specific to be symbolized or spiritualized away. Considering the horrific events described, no one more than I would rather have those events be anything other than real physical, literal events, but a plain reading of the text cross-referenced with other books like Daniel won't allow me to believe they're anything other than what they purport to be.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,760
  • Content Per Day:  5.27
  • Days Won:  115

Mt 13:36 Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field.” 

Mt 13:38 The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 

Mt 13:39 and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels. 

Mt 13:40 “As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. 

Mt 13:41 The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 

Mt 13:42 They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 

Mt 13:43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books

MT 5:45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous

2Ti 4:6 For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. 

2Ti 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 

2Ti 4:8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

it seem that what we do as been recorded some how ,and on that we will be judged ,

and all our tribulation or test of our faith will be shown by the out come ,by our faithfulness ,perseverance ,

and the washing of our soul is done between our time that we come to Christ until we pass away ;or Christ return

and more ;

LK 12:33 “ Sell your possessions and give to charity; make yourselves money belts which do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near nor moth destroys. 

LK 18:22 When Jesus heard this, He said to him, “One thing you still lack; sell all that you possess and distribute it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

You are trying to make personal tribulation and the Great Tribulation the same. It is not. Let's look at what scripture tells us what it will be like and then ask yourself if your life echoes scripture.

Matthew 24:15-28

“Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

“Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you beforehand.

“Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it. For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.

Mark 13:14-23

“So when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not” (let the reader understand), “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Let him who is on the housetop not go down into the house, nor enter to take anything out of his house. And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! And pray that your flight may not be in winter. For in those days there will be tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the creation which God created until this time, nor ever shall be. And unless the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake, whom He chose, He shortened the days.

“Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or, ‘Look, He is there!’ do not believe it. For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. But take heed; see, I have told you all things beforehand.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,769
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  270

terra,   I think we can all agree that we all have tribulations.....   but not all tribulations are the great tribulation....

Well, OneLight explained that before I could post.

and more ;

You are trying to make personal tribulation and the Great Tribulation the same. It is not. Let's look at what scripture tells us what it will be like and then ask yourself if your life echoes scripture.

Matthew 24:15-28

“Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

“Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you beforehand.

“Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it. For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.

Mark 13:14-23

“So when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not” (let the reader understand), “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Let him who is on the housetop not go down into the house, nor enter to take anything out of his house. And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! And pray that your flight may not be in winter. For in those days there will be tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the creation which God created until this time, nor ever shall be. And unless the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake, whom He chose, He shortened the days.

“Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or, ‘Look, He is there!’ do not believe it. For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. But take heed; see, I have told you all things beforehand.

hi

i understand what you are saying but in regards to matthew 24 ;15-28 ; those scriptures have their fulfillment in 66 -68 Ad and 70 AD  (same even description in Mark 13;14-23 )  

also consider ;Mt 24:1 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 

Mt 24:2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “I tell you the truth, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.” 

Mt 24:3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

Mk 13:1 As he was leaving the temple, one of his disciples said to him, “Look, Teacher! What massive stones! What magnificent buildings!” 

Mk 13:2 “Do you see all these great buildings?” replied Jesus. “Not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.” 

Mk 13:3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple, Peter, James, John and Andrew asked him privately, 

Mk 13:4 “Tell us, when will these things happen? And what will be the sign that they are all about to be fulfilled?”

Lk 21:5 Some of his disciples were remarking about how the temple was adorned with beautiful stones and with gifts dedicated to God. But Jesus said, 

Lk 21:6 “As for what you see here, the time will come when not one stone will be left on another; every one of them will be thrown down.” 

Lk 21:7 “Teacher,” they asked, “when will these things happen? And what will be the sign that they are about to take place?”

this following scriptures are also part of the above ;

Lk 23:27 A large number of people followed him, including women who mourned and wailed for him. 

Lk 23:28 Jesus turned and said to them, “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep for yourselves and for your children. 

Lk 23:29 For the time will come when you will say, ‘Blessed are the barren women, the wombs that never bore and the breasts that never nursed!’ 

Lk 23:30 Then 

“ ‘they will say to the mountains, “Fall on us!” 

and to the hills, “Cover us!” ’ 

Lk 23:31 For if men do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?” 

all this is 70 AD