• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Here in the West this is still hypothetical. It may not be hypothetical much longer. But for Christians in the Mid East, Africa, Europe, Asia or the UK, it's real.

We know from the Bible some of us will die for God. Especially in the end times.

I think we will be going to war against Isis in a few months, or less. Now suppose you are a Christian but somehow Isis has captured you. Or it might be a situation where they have you and your family. At some point they tell you that unless you convert to their brand of Islam, you will be killed. (please keep in mind the way terrorists practice Islam is not the same as the the other 2/3 of Muslims practice it. To lump all Muslims together is the same as saying the JW's or LDS forms of Christianity is the same as most of us. And it's not)

I've been thinking about this for several weeks. My impulse is to say no and let them kill me. And for me, a 62 yr old man in very poor health without a family that's probably the right answer.

However, if you lie, say you will convert, but in your heart you didn't, you may then get a chance to save your family, escape, or at least wait until you can get a weapon and take as many of them with you as you can. That's what I would have done if I was young and my health was decent, so I could fire an Ak-47, an Uzi, or even a good shot gun. If you happen to be a captured soldier, or pilot, then this is certainly what you should do. As far as I'm concerned this is war, even if Obama never says it. Remember, you're lying, when and if you escape you're still going to practice Christianity.

Thoughts?

i have no idea. i would love to say i'll die for Jesus, but if i'm being tortured? or if i'm watching them torture my loved ones? i really don't know. i believe God would give me the strength to do what is necessary, but i pray that He'll never allow me or my family to be in that situation. i hope He will choose to take us quickly rather than to allow us to suffer.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

We are told not to deny Christ so I don't think that we're even allowed to 'pretend' to convert but there may be circumstances where it is permitted. Remember that Peter denied Jesus three times and he was forgiven.

The problem with even 'pretending' to convert to Islam, is that once you're a Muslim you have to become part of the Ummah. There is no escape. New converts are immediately sent for training and are disciplined in the words of the Q'uran. You'll be watched all the time and if you leave the faith you're an apostate and become a renegade. Why would anybody want to risk that?

I believe that the Holy Spirit will protect you if you refuse to convert to Islam. You might still die but any torture you have to endure will be what you are able to bear. God will bring you comfort.

Remember that Francis of Assissi walked straight into the heart of Muslim territory, refused any attempts to convert to Islam, bravely approached the Muslim leader Saladin and asked him to accept Jesus and become a Christian. Although Saladin refused the offer to accept Jesus, he was so amazed at Francis' courage that he forbid anybody to harm Francis and allowed him to leave safely.

Muslims are just bullies, they respect courage and they don't respect weakness.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

It's an impossible question to answer.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

If you know and understand Sharia law you can work around it if you have any finances...

Technically all you have to do us to tell them that you simply can not become a Muslim and explain why//////  however you have no problem living under submission to Allah and Sharia Law.   You pay the tax required for that.....   it's a couple of hundred dollars and ISIS is required by Sharia Law to protect you as long as you work enough to be able to pay the tax each year and not violate Sharia.

You don't have to become a Muslim, just agree to submit to their laws and live in peace.    If they refuse they are breaking the teachings of Mohammad and the Koran.

Jesus instructed us to live under the ruling powers of any place we were if needed......   Islam would be no different than the Romans in the first century.

If you know and understand Sharia law you can work around it if you have any finances...

Technically all you have to do us to tell them that you simply can not become a Muslim and explain why//////  however you have no problem living under submission to Allah and Sharia Law.   You pay the tax required for that.....   it's a couple of hundred dollars and ISIS is required by Sharia Law to protect you as long as you work enough to be able to pay the tax each year.

You don't have to become a Muslim, just agree to submit to their laws and live in peace.    If they refuse they are breaking the teachings of Mohammad and the Koran.

Jesus instructed us to live under the ruling powers of any place we were if needed......   Islam would be no different than the Romans in the first century.

The problem is, they do sometimes break their promises. They can use any excuse to kill you. During the Caliphate some people weren't even allowed to convert to Islam because the economy was running out of dhimmi labour.

If a Muslim wants you dead he can just pretend that you insulted Mohammed or something.

As for Islam, being no different to the Romans in the First Century, I disagree. The Romans were tolerant of nearly all faiths. There was no tax to pay just because you didn't worship Jupiter and Mars. Nobody was treated any differently because of what they believed in.

Sometimes Christians were an exception though because their refusal to bow to any leader except for Jesus was seen as treason against the Emperor. Although this was actually a misunderstanding because Christians are supposed to accept leaders in government and to pay taxes and obey laws. (give to Cesar what is Cesar's).

Most of the misunderstanding came under Nero's reign because let's face it, he was one of the many anti-Christs that we have had throughout history, and wanted Christians dead anyway. He didn't really need an real excuse, he would just make one up.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I'm not saying that islam is not different than Rome, but the submitting to the authority would be the same.

During the time of Rome anyone could point you out as a christian and if you didn't deny it you died.

I'm not saying that islam is not different than Rome, but the submitting to the authority would be the same.

During the time of Rome anyone could point you out as a christian and if you didn't deny it you died.

I see what you mean.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I can't imagine living without Christ. I backslid in the 60s and never want that again. Christ is more important to me even than my family in this case. It is never painless to die and it would be horrible to watch family being tortured and killed. I can only rely on God to give me strength and comfort in such a time and pray that God give my loved ones strength in Him as well. My prayer would be that they not deny Christ.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Technically all you have to do us to tell them that you simply can not become a Muslim and explain why//////  however you have no problem living under submission to Allah and Sharia Law.   You pay the tax required for that.....   it's a couple of hundred dollars and ISIS is required by Sharia Law to protect you as long as you work enough to be able to pay the tax each year and not violate Sharia.

ISIS isnt playing by the rules though. They have killed people who have converted to islam after they are told to convert or die.

Isis hasnt let people live in peace after paying the tax. They have taken everything they had. 

We are told not to deny Him. I hope that He would help me out as He did Stephen in the bible.