JTC

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

What happens if you deny the Lord and they kill you anyway?  I would have to refuse to convert and take my chances, though I admit, it wouldn't be easy. 

That's a very good point.  Denying the Lord and then dying would send you to hell; muslims read the Bible too and know this.  I wouldn't want to chance that so I guess I would just have to die.  They can only kill the body after all. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/09/1941

*** removed insult/attack ***

and that is a requirement from God and his believers ; see Daniel and his friends , Joseph ,and others  believing is one thing ;TRUSTING GOD ' I S another thing ,my friends

Perhaps you should not jump to conclusions. MY comment, "OSAS", proves that I trust in GOD and His Son. And there are many, many others, some who do not adhere to OSAS, who would definately disagree with your assessment. You own this forum an apology, sir.

hi friend

it seem that i really do not know what you are talking about ? 

for i did not see your comment in this topic ,if you did show me ? please 

I also do not understand what "OSAS" means , sorry to be so unaware of so many things of the world ,

love in Christ

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Well, if you deny Christ, even if you are lying, to get your hands on an AK47, you're ***. 

Do you really think they are going to allow you close enough to a firearm to fire it?   :guns:

Edited by OneLight
please keep the conversation clean

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Well, if you deny Christ, even if you are lying, to get your hands on an AK47, you're ***. 

Do you really think they are going to allow you close enough to a firearm to fire it?   :guns:

Well honestly, they are not noted for being overly bright....   or they wouldn't be Islamic.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

and that is a requirement from God and his believers ; see Daniel and his friends , Joseph ,and others  believing is one thing ;TRUSTING GOD ' I S another thing ,my friends

Perhaps you should read again. I clearly stated several posts ago that I trusted the Lord to see me through as He did stephen.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

I know that out of 11 Apostles, all but one totally abandoned Jesus, when He was arrested and crucified.   For Judas who was the 12th, betray our Lord, and all the others fled from Him, but John the Beloved did return while He was Crucified.  And Peter denied our Savior not once, or twice, but thrice.  Really in the case of being told to convert to Islam or else die, I really hope to followed the example of the women in the NT, who followed Christ, with little or no care for their own personal safety but a true heart's desire to cling to their Master.

If ever put in that position may the Holy Spirit, give me courage and strength to stand firm in His grace,

As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

Romans 8:36; Psalms 44:22

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Perhaps you should not jump to conclusions. MY comment, "OSAS", proves that I trust in GOD and His Son. And there are many, many others, some who do not adhere to OSAS, who would definately disagree with your assessment. You own this forum an apology, sir.

hi friend

I also do not understand what "OSAS" means , sorry to be so unaware of so many things of the world ,

love in Chriyst

OSAS, the doctrine know as One Saved Always Saved, it is the belief if one truly trust in Christ with all their heart and confess with their mouth, they will always be saved as nothing can separate one from the Love of God, one of the many verses used in the Bible for this doctrine is Luke 8:15.

What I believe Parker is saying is that we all trust Jesus as our personal Savior, but we don't know what will happen if we ever get a gun pointed in our face, yes we know that God is faithful, but we aren't always, we all just hope that God will give us the courage and strength to stand for the faith.  As I recall a pastor once say many Christian say they want the faith of Daniel, but few if any want to go thru the lion's den.

But considering this conversation, we would all rather be like the first son, and said no, but go ahead and do it anyways, than to be like the second and say I go, and never do a thing, see Matthew 21:28-30.

13)  Come now ye that say, Today or tomorrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy, and sell, and get gain.

14)  Wherefore ye know not what will be in the morrow: For what is your life?  It is even a vapor, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

15)  Instead of that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.

16)  But now ye rejoice in your boastings, all such rejoicing is evil.

17)  Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

James 4:13-17

To say  that we would for sure not deny Christ is something we all want to say, but we just don't know, and do not want to add such evil boasting even if we did.

hi friend

love in Christ

OSAS means "Once Saved, Always Saved." It means that a truely saved person cannot loose their salvation no matter what they do, even when they want to.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

What happens if you deny the Lord and they kill you anyway?  I would have to refuse to convert and take my chances, though I admit, it wouldn't be easy.

That's a very good point.  Denying the Lord and then dying would send you to hell; muslims read the Bible too and know this.  I wouldn't want to chance that so I guess I would just have to die.  They can only kill the body after all. 

Yeah and mines rotting pretty fast these days :o so they is less and less that I desire

to hang on to :24: Praise God for this...Yes :happyhappy:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/09/1941

hi friend

love in Christ

OSAS means "Once Saved, Always Saved." It means that a truely saved person cannot loose their salvation no matter what they do, even when they want to.

hi

thanks for your explanation ,never heard that before ;but that view is not written in scripture for even Paul only sees his claim when he felt the of his life came clear to him ,

one more thing if this would be true they would not going trough tribulation to test their faith 

no one his free just has the son of God went through his tribulation we all will go through ours ;this is my understanding ;but not all have the same tribulation