IGNORED

The pale horse in Revelation 6 is green?

OakWood

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

The original Greek word used to describe this horse is chloros which means green so why has it been translated as 'pale'?

In Mark 6:39 the word is translated as green.

And he commanded them to make all sit down by companies upon the green grass.

In Revelation 8:7 it's the same

The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

A green horse changes the significance of the prophecy, does it not?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Looked it up and found:

Revelation 6:8 behold a pale horse

Revelation  6:8  a Pale horse or a Green horse?

In Revelation 6:8 we read: “And I looked, and behold A PALE horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him...”

Some Bible critics try to tell us that the word translated as “pale” is an error or a mistranslation in the King James Bible.  Of course, it is not an error, and we will explain why.

One such Bible critic ignorantly posted the following alleged translational error in the King James Bible at one of the online Bible clubs.  He writes: “Another word mistranslated in the KJV is one of the 4 horses of the Apocalypse.  the Bible says Rev 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse:

In the Greek pale was written as Chloros (kloros) which translated is green. So why did the translators use Pale instead then the original word green?  Maybe they thought "there is no such a thing as a green horse” and they chose the best color that went with the rest of the text.”

One has to wonder where these bible agnostics dig these things up and why they don’t bother to do basic research themselves to see if what they are saying has any merit to it or not.  You will see in a moment just how ridiculously silly this alleged error really is.

The King James Bible translators were not dummies.  There has never been a company of greater scholars assembled by God in all of history.  After all, God was bringing forth His Infallible Book and He was using these men to do it.

The Greek word in question is Kloros and it is found 4 times in the New Testament.  Three times it is translated as “green” and once as “pale”.  There is good reason for this.  The Greek word itself  can mean BOTH green and pale, depending on the context. The three times the KJB translates it as “green” the context is clearly referring to green PLANTS.  

Mark 6:39 “And He commanded them to make all sit down by companies upon the GREEN grass.”

Revelation 8:7 “and all the GREEN grass was burnt up.”

Revelation 9:4 “And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any GREEN thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their forehead.”

Can the word kloros also mean PALE?  You bet it can.

Liddell and Scott’s massive Greek Lexicon tells us on page 1995 that the Greek word kloros means: 1.  greenish yellow, pale green; and 2. Generally PALE, PALLID.

Read the rest HERE

Looked it up and found:

Revelation 6:8 behold a pale horse

Revelation  6:8  a Pale horse or a Green horse?

In Revelation 6:8 we read: “And I looked, and behold A PALE horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him...”

Some Bible critics try to tell us that the word translated as “pale” is an error or a mistranslation in the King James Bible.  Of course, it is not an error, and we will explain why.

One such Bible critic ignorantly posted the following alleged translational error in the King James Bible at one of the online Bible clubs.  He writes: “Another word mistranslated in the KJV is one of the 4 horses of the Apocalypse.  the Bible says Rev 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse:

In the Greek pale was written as Chloros (kloros) which translated is green. So why did the translators use Pale instead then the original word green?  Maybe they thought "there is no such a thing as a green horse” and they chose the best color that went with the rest of the text.”

One has to wonder where these bible agnostics dig these things up and why they don’t bother to do basic research themselves to see if what they are saying has any merit to it or not.  You will see in a moment just how ridiculously silly this alleged error really is.

The King James Bible translators were not dummies.  There has never been a company of greater scholars assembled by God in all of history.  After all, God was bringing forth His Infallible Book and He was using these men to do it.

The Greek word in question is Kloros and it is found 4 times in the New Testament.  Three times it is translated as “green” and once as “pale”.  There is good reason for this.  The Greek word itself  can mean BOTH green and pale, depending on the context. The three times the KJB translates it as “green” the context is clearly referring to green PLANTS.  

Mark 6:39 “And He commanded them to make all sit down by companies upon the GREEN grass.”

Revelation 8:7 “and all the GREEN grass was burnt up.”

Revelation 9:4 “And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any GREEN thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their forehead.”

Can the word kloros also mean PALE?  You bet it can.

Liddell and Scott’s massive Greek Lexicon tells us on page 1995 that the Greek word kloros means: 1.  greenish yellow, pale green; and 2. Generally PALE, PALLID.

Read the rest HERE

Fair enough.

I had no idea until I looked it up.   :mellow: 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Great answer Sevenseas, thanks for the information.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I have a question.....  maybe just showing my ignorance, but.......    what difference does it make what color it is?

I have a question.....  maybe just showing my ignorance, but.......    what difference does it make what color it is?

:thumbsup:

One's Usually The Color Of The Living

And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. Genesis 1:30

Whereas The Other Is Usually The Color Of The Lifeless

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth. Revelation 6:8

And To The Mocking Godless

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Genesis 3:1(a-c )

The Truth Never Gets

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3

In The Way

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 1 Corinthians 2:14

You See

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

4 horses...4 colors...4 representations

I imagine if it did not matter, it would not be in there.....those 4 ponies represent something....why not just leave out the descriptions of the gems on the robes of the High Priest?

I heard somebody say that the green horse represented Islam, but if it's not green then that statement is irrelevant.