IGNORED

Which day is the Sabbath and is it still valid today?

tff

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,083
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I understand somewhat. To keep the Sabbath day holy is one of the 10 commandments. It is certainly friday evening to saturday evening. I believe we are under grace but know the law is good. I want to understand God more and there may be something special if you keep it and honor God with it. Keeping it on any day we decide doesn't really make sense to me because God said to keep that day holy, and it was on the 7th day he rested, not one we choose to decide. I haven't found that in scripture to decide our own sabbath. This scripture is true but it is also true that what ever you do you should do by faith and not be doubleminded. That being said, I am free under grace but see the importance in a sabbath.

Col. 2:16 Let no man judge you in food or drink, or regarding a festaval or a new moon or sabbaths,

None of my Christian friends go to church on Sunday as the Sabbath....    Going to church is not a rest, it is a lot of work for a lot of people.   We go there to worship and eat and have fun and enjoy each other's company praising the Lord.....   but a day of rest......   not even close.

You're right. But isn't the Sabbath day a day set aside unto the Lord to worship, fellowship, and learn. Kind of how Sundays are used. They went to the synagogues on the Sabbath right?

The original commandment of the ten doesn't say anything about going to anywhere that I am aware of...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  653
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/26/1977

BTW-I do not think this is a salvation issue or has anything to do with that.

I have a friend who is a Seventh Day Adventist and  told me once  that my salvation could be as risk if I don't worship on Saturday.  I told her I would take my risk.  I also told her that if that was the case then it was about what I had done that saves us instead of what Jesus did for us on the cross.  We never brought up that subject again.  I believe we are to worship all the time not just on one certain day..                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

We have had several SDA's come here and tell us that Sunday worship was the mark of the beast or something of that nature.

I also believe in worship everyday. By all means!! I do not think we are bound by the law. Is it not one of the 10 commandments. Do we keep 9 of them and disregard this one? Not keep this day holy?

under the new covenant, we are committed to the commandments of Jesus, not Moses.   We are not bound by the ten commandments any longer.....

Edited to add that if we live by his commandments of Love, not only will we not break 9 of the ten, we will not even want to....     As for the Sabbath, We are in his rest and that's all the time.

As for taking a day off, yes that is a good idea for our mental health, but it isn't a commandment to follow under this covenant.

At least that's the way i see the subject.  

Edited by other one

I truly just want to know God and think there may significance in keeping this day holy. I own my own business and can work everyday. I intentionally rest and set apart Saturdays for the Lord and draw great refreshing and strength from it. I don't have proof and am not quite sure but God is very deep and miraculous in His creation...there may be a deeper significance unrealized and know about our chemistry or universe and resting on that day.

I also believe in worship everyday. By all means!! I do not think we are bound by the law. Is it not one of the 10 commandments. Do we keep 9 of them and disregard this one? Not keep this day holy?

under the new covenant, we are committed to the commandments of Jesus, not Moses.   We are not bound by the ten commandments any longer.....

Edited to add that if we live by his commandments of Love, not only will we not break 9 of the ten, we will not even want to....     As for the Sabbath, We are in his rest and that's all the time.

As for taking a day off, yes that is a good idea for our mental health, but it isn't a commandment to follow under this covenant.

That is true. But I still do not take His name in vain, have other idols, murder, steal, commit adultery, etc... the law is good still...right? I like to keep it holy because I see benefit in it. But you are right we are in the rest of Christ!

I truly just want to know God and think there may significance in keeping this day holy. I own my own business and can work everyday. I intentionally rest and set apart Saturdays for the Lord and draw great refreshing and strength from it. I don't have proof and am not quite sure but God is very deep and miraculous in His creation...there may be a deeper significance unrealized and know about our chemistry or universe and resting on that day.

From what I read, it's perfectly ok for you to do that......   and also for me not to.

That is true. But I still do not take His name in vain, have other idols, murder, steal, commit adultery, etc... the law is good still...right? 

If you love God with all your heart mind and soul, you would never even want to do that......   if you love your neighbor as yourself how could you do any of those things to them....

Read the last half of Matthew chapter 25, and tell me which if any the ten commandments did those people going to hell break.           You can keep the ten commandments all the days of your life and never break a single one and still go to hell.

The laws given to Moses taught people to fear God and do his commandments......    Jesus's laws of love teach us to do those things out of love not fear, and to want to do them not just out of fear.

From what I read, it's perfectly ok for you to do that......   and also for me not to.

I agree.

That is true. But I still do not take His name in vain, have other idols, murder, steal, commit adultery, etc... the law is good still...right? 

If you love God with all your heart mind and soul, you would never even want to do that......   if you love your neighbor as yourself how could you do any of those things to them....

Read the last half of Matthew chapter 25, and tell me which if any the ten commandments did those people going to hell break.           You can keep the ten commandments all the days of your life and never break a single one and still go to hell.

The laws given to Moses taught people to fear God and do his commandments......    Jesus's laws of love teach us to do those things out of love not fear, and to want to do them not just out of fear.

The law of Moses says one must be killed for not keeping it holy. I do not believe we are to be under the law but it has benefit still and has practical benefits.