• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Purgatory if you understand it means to cleanse off any additional sins so you can enter heaven.  In that light you can be pretty confident that it is wrong.  Jesus took care of sin once and for all through his water and blood.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1984

Purgatory if you understand it means to cleanse off any additional sins so you can enter heaven.  In that light you can be pretty confident that it is wrong.  Jesus took care of sin once and for all through his water and blood.

Amen that's right, for the scripture says by Himself has He purged our sins. This truthful account of scripture contradicts the notion of an ongoing purging fire altogether.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

of course it exists....and the hot and the cold of winter and summer are of the purgatory's breathing

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  67

of course it exists....and the hot and the cold of winter and summer are of the purgatory's breathing

1Co 15:3  For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received, that Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, 

When Jesus died on the cross it was to pay the penalty for all our sins. 

It was the complete sacrifice. 

Joh 3:16  For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/27/1986

I hope I can help  .  you asked a simple question and deserve a simple answer .  I was a catholic for 26 years of my life and have heard

These teaching all my .  It is a question I too asked the Lord many times.  The answer is NO purgatory  is not real .  If it were it would mean that God and the trinity of God is

A lie .  Why do I say that .  Coz it would defeat the purpose of Jesus dying on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins.  If we could pay for our own sins by serving time in purgatory

Then we could pretty much live just the way we like.  It is a lie as there a many lies thought especially by the catholic church.  But like you  I too was seeking the truth .

If a teaching is contradicting the word of God then it is a lie and onslaught of the enemy.  The wage of sin is death (Romans6:23) .  The bible also says (No man cometh to the Father but through the Son)that is found in John 14:06.

Guest Judas Machabeus

Purgatory if you understand it means to cleanse off any additional sins so you can enter heaven. In that light you can be pretty confident that it is wrong. Jesus took care of sin once and for all through his water and blood.

I am a bit unclear on the subject of Christs death forgiving past present and future sin.

Can I get some help with this? Are sins forgiven automatically with no penance or restitution.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

In the Catholic church "Purgatory" is the same as the place we call "Paradise" and "Paradise" is the place where the thief and Christ went when they died. In the Catholic Church Purgatory is like a holding cell and the Catholics believe that one can be prayed out of Purgatory and into heaven, even after death. However Christians believe that Paradise was emptied out when Christ was raised to heaven. But that is not proved by scripture. Most Christians quote "Captivity was taken captive" and they claim that when Christ was raised he took those that were in Paradise with him to heaven. But careful study will reveal the words "Christ took captivity captive" is speaking of a state of mind and not a physical or spiritual rising to heaven.

I know what I am saying now will raise some eye brows and get some quick and maybe some negative responses but I abide with scripture and scripture alone. So here we go.

There is not one single place in all of the bible where it is written "When you/we die we will go straight to heaven". Christ is suppose to return for us and raise us from the grave. But if we are already in heaven then our graves will be empty and Christ will return to a world full of empty graves. One response to my statement is to quote "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" BUT that is only half of the verse and when the whole verse is taken into account it speaks of how we would RATHER be absent from the body.

2 Co. 5:8 "We are confident I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord".

Another response is to quote  Ecc. 12:7 "Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it". But if we were to research the word "SPIRIT" in this verse we would find that the word "spirit" is speaking about the breath of life and not the soul.

When we die we do not go to heaven. We go to the place of departed souls until Christ comes to raise us from the grave and until then, we will rest/sleep as Christ called it.

I know that this is most likely a curve ball for you but do not take my word for it. Do the research and see if I am right or wrong, and if you can show me some scripture that says that we will go straight to heaven as soon as we die. Please show me.

As for others who would want to argue my points, I say to you "Show me some scripture".

I hope this helps you.

Guest Judas Machabeus

I like your argument. Very well thought out. I don't fully agree with your point. And I know you are about to have a whirlwind come down upon you.

I believe we do make it to heaven before the second coming. Right off the top of my head I can not quote chapter and verse to support that. I do believe that when we die we die in a state of sin and that needs to be purged before we get to heaven cause we can not enter heaven in a state of sin.

That is why I don't understand this concept of once saved always saved and there is no conciquence for sin.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Personally, I tend to think the entrance into Heaven is pretty instant once we depart from this body. Would be kind of strange that people have been visiting the place still while living, but could not proceed there directly after dying.

In case I'd be wrong, which has happened many times, I don't know if it really matters practically speaking, in that would it be so, while asleep you are not really aware of time and such. The two options seem to be instant access or getting awakened by Jesus during His Second Coming. Although, I prefer the former to be true, the latter is not freaking me out either.

Dying while having sinned? There sure are many diverse opinions about that, as for where would we go.

Christ died for our sins, and while being born again from the spirit, Paul speaks of doing what he wants not in Romans 7:

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Repentance makes the game here. Humility keeps us in proper relation to the Lord. Thank God we have the most merciful Judge and a loving Father. But don't let the accuser keep you feeling bad about what you have done. We are new creations:

16 Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer. 17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 18 Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation.

Let's get on the bottom of things.