Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tff

Do I need any other book than the Bible to study?

37 posts in this topic

Do I need any other book than the Bible to study the Word of God?  Does the Bible contain everything I need to know about God and the creation?

Firstly Welcome to Worthy. 

This forum's description (Worthy Welcome) is: "Shalom!

Welcome to Worthy Boards, introduce yourself and join our Christian community!"

Feel free to introduce yourself as you join our community.

I see that you have started seven threads in the welcome area , all with different questions. 

We encourage questions and discussion , but from experience on Worthy,

if you start so many threads it's hard to keep up with them. ( A bit like trying to put too much meat on a BBQ.) 

For this reason I have hidden some of them and moved two.  

May I suggest that you reply to this opening thread first, tell us a bit about yourself. 

This helps us and other members get to know you. 

Then you can start other threads in the appropriate forums and slowly take it from there. 

I look forward to reading your future postings. 

In reply to your question.

The Word of God contains every thing you will ever need.  

2Ti 3:16  All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

God Bless. 

Nigel. 

Do I need any other book than the Bible to study the Word of God?  Does the Bible contain everything I need to know about God and the creation?

It contains all the information you need to meet God, attain salvation and spend eternity outside of hell.

There are other books that can help you study and understand the bible. Concordances(strongs exhaustive is good) commentaries, study notes, maps, various dictionaries of which I find vines to be decent, bible handbooks. There is all kinds of study material out there, a lot of which can be had for free off the Internet if you search. But the bible by itself is fine if you do not have any of the other literature. You really need to read the bible and become familiar with it before you study it in depth.

The Bible is the Word of God, other books may contain quotes from the Bible, may contain truths learned from the Bible. If I was shipwrecked on deserted Island and the Bible was all I had I would be abundantly joyful because I had all of God's word.

Glad you found us and decided to register, you will obtain help here.

Hello and welcome to Worthy, no the Bible is all you really need.

It contains all the information you need to meet God, attain salvation and spend eternity outside of hell.

Thank you. It is appreciated.

There are other books that can help you study and understand the bible. Concordances(strongs exhaustive is good) commentaries, study notes, maps, various dictionaries of which I find vines to be decent, bible handbooks. There is all kinds of study material out there, a lot of which can be had for free off the Internet if you search. But the bible by itself is fine if you do not have any of the other literature. You really need to read the bible and become familiar with it before you study it in depth.

The Bible is the Word of God, other books may contain quotes from the Bible, may contain truths learned from the Bible. If I was shipwrecked on deserted Island and the Bible was all I had I would be abundantly joyful because I had all of God's word.

Thanks for the reply and for that positive thought. I hope that I will find the truth on this site.

It is appreciated.

Edited by tff

Thanks. Your reply

Thank you for that positive thought. I hope that I will find the truth on this site.

is appreciated.

Hello and welcome to Worthy, no the Bible is all you really need.

Thank you. I appreciate your reply.

Firstly Welcome to Worthy. 

This forum's description (Worthy Welcome) is: "Shalom!

Welcome to Worthy Boards, introduce yourself and join our Christian community!"

Feel free to introduce yourself as you join our community.

I see that you have started seven threads in the welcome area , all with different questions. 

We encourage questions and discussion , but from experience on Worthy,

if you start so many threads it's hard to keep up with them. ( A bit like trying to put too much meat on a BBQ.) 

For this reason I have hidden some of them and moved two.  

May I suggest that you reply to this opening thread first, tell us a bit about yourself. 

This helps us and other members get to know you. 

Then you can start other threads in the appropriate forums and slowly take it from there. 

I look forward to reading your future postings. 

In reply to your question.

The Word of God contains every thing you will ever need.  

2Ti 3:16  All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

God Bless. 

Nigel. 

Hi Nigel, thanks for your reply.

Is this a Jewish site as you use a Jewish greeting - Shalom?

The many questions that I have placed are some of the questions that bothers me as there are many contradictions and teachings in the world today.

I am here to learn about the truth and not to chat, if you understand what I am saying.

I am sorry for starting so many threads as I understood that I had to place five articles before I could be accepted on this site, therefore the questions.

Sorry if this caused any problems on your side.

I accept that all people do not study the same subject.

Some might have a lot of insight on one subject and another person a lot on another subject.

By them replying on their special subjects, we might cover all of them at the same time and then we can all learn from each other.

I am from South Africa.

I am a pensioner and I am Afrikaans speaking.

English is not my mother tongue and I sometimes battle to understand and communicate in high English.

So, if I misunderstand some terms used on this site that I have commented on, or my spelling is wrong, please forgive me.

I have been to many different churches and after each church, I am more confused because there are many different teachings and all the churches claim to be teaching the truth. If they all teach the truth, you should only have one answer but you have as many answers as the churches. There is only one Bible which everybody here agrees on that it is the Word of God, and there should only be one truth for every question. Am I right because that is my logic that kicks in here?

Edited by tff