IGNORED

Baptism

faith pleases God

Guest shiloh357

They understand sin and repentance. They want to be baptized. They have given a declaration of faith in Christ. They believe they are to follow Christ with all of their hearts and can articulate this with sincerity.

Well then you need to talk it over with your pastor.  He will need some assurance that your kids are believers and are qualified as candidates for baptism

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Water baptism is a religious ritual that is not needed. To be saved, one must have faith that Jesus is Lord and God in the flesh. Romans 10:9.

In my honest opinion, it's very rare for a child to do this until they reach adulthood. But I'm not one to judge so...

No it is not a religious ritual.  It is an ordinance that Jesus commanded us to do.   It is needed because it is an act of obedience to the Lord.

Where does Jesus say water baptism is a requirement for faith salvation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,869
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Water baptism is a religious ritual that is not needed. To be saved, one must have faith that Jesus is Lord and God in the flesh. Romans 10:9.

In my honest opinion, it's very rare for a child to do this until they reach adulthood. But I'm not one to judge so...

No it is not a religious ritual.  It is an ordinance that Jesus commanded us to do.   It is needed because it is an act of obedience to the Lord.

Where does Jesus say water baptism is a requirement for faith salvation.

Do you believe we are bound to follow Jesus's commands once we are saved?

Mark 16:15-16

"Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 "He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.

NASB

he who believes and is baptized shall be saved......   if you don't believe then baptism has nothing to offer for you are already condemned.   If a person says he believes but does not get baptized, does he really believe.....   has that person made or allowed Jesus to the his/her Lord....

It's very dangerous to preach non baptism is safe.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  653
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/26/1977

The assistant pastor said it is okay for a believer to baptize a believer and there was no requirement to baptize or be baptized as long as it was understood.

Mark 16:16 says, "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned." Whether one can be saved without baptism... we are certainly supposed to be baptized.

Mark 16:16 says, "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned." Whether one can be saved without baptism... we are certainly supposed to be baptized.

if a person says he believes and is not baptized, does he/she really believe?

"Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 "He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.

NASB

he who believes and is baptized shall be saved......   if you don't believe then baptism has nothing to offer for you are already condemned.   If a person says he believes but does not get baptized, does he really believe.....   has that person made or allowed Jesus to the his/her Lord....

Following his commandments and being baptized by water are two different topics.

I'm referring to water baptism, not faith baptism.

Water baptism does not save you, only Jesus does by Grace through faith.

Matt 3:11 "I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

NASB

Following his commandments and being baptized by water are two different topics.

I'm referring to water baptism, not faith baptism.

Water baptism does not save you, only Jesus does by Grace through faith.

Matt 3:11 "I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

I didn't say that is saves you, what I said is that if you are saved, you will do the things Jesus told us to do and he did tell us that we should be baptized and I do think it is talking about water baptism if you read the whole paragraph.

People can get saved and go to heaven if they don't have time to get baptized, but if you refuse to be baptized or just decide it's not necessary then you are not doing what Jesus told us and you are not letting him be your Lord and you are not saved.

Baptism is an act of obedience that if missing puts a serious question as to whether salvation happened at all.

and he did tell us that we should be baptized and I do think it is talking about water baptism if you read the whole paragraph.

that we should be baptized in water? Where in the paragraph does it say that.

and he did tell us that we should be baptized and I do think it is talking about water baptism if you read the whole paragraph.

that we should be baptized in water? Where in the paragraph does it say that.

Acts 8:36-38New International Version (NIV)

36 As they traveled along the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said, “Look, here is water. What can stand in the way of my being baptized?” [37] [a] 38 And he gave orders to stop the chariot. Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him.

We are to be baptized with water.