• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  653
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/26/1977

I have a 8 year old and a 6 year old they both want to be baptized. Should I baptize them?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

If they want to be and they know what it entails. I'm sure that a 6 year-old is old enough to want to accept Jesus. Besides child baptism does no harm even with very small children. It's just that with babies and infants they are not old enough to understand.

Guest shiloh357

I have a 8 year old and a 6 year old they both want to be baptized. Should I baptize them?

Baptism is an ordinance commanded to believers who have received Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior.  Baptism is a testimony that one has placed his or her faith in Christ.  Have they made a public profession of their faith in Christ?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Water baptism is a religious ritual that is not needed. To be saved, one must have faith that Jesus is Lord and God in the flesh. Romans 10:9.

In my honest opinion, it's very rare for a child to do this until they reach adulthood. But I'm not one to judge so...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Water baptism is a religious ritual that is not needed. To be saved, one must have faith that Jesus is Lord and God in the flesh. Romans 10:9.

In my honest opinion, it's very rare for a child to do this until they reach adulthood. But I'm not one to judge so...

If one is saved, one has declared that Jesus is his/her lord......   Jesus told us to be baptized....    it may not be needed to be saved, but if you are saved you'd better do as your lord says and be baptized.  It's a dangerous teaching to say that it is not needed....    people might get the idea that one doesn't ever need to be baptized.

Guest shiloh357

No it is not a religious ritual.  It is an ordinance that Jesus commanded us to do.   It is needed because it is an act of obedience to the Lord.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

No it is not a religious ritual.  It is an ordinance that Jesus commanded us to do.   It is needed because it is an act of obedience to the Lord.

Amen, and if the kids have not given their lives to Jesus, and don't know what they are actually doing just yet. Wait until they do.

I believe we should be baptized!

Acts 2:38 says, "and Peter said unto them, `Reform, and be baptized each of you on the name of Jesus Christ, to remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit"

Matthew 28:19, 20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

Acts 8:35-38 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.”
Acts 16:31, 33 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.”

They understand sin and repentance. They want to be baptized. They have given a declaration of faith in Christ. They believe they are to follow Christ with all of their hearts and can articulate this with sincerity.

Guest shiloh357

I believe we should be baptized!

Acts 2:38 says, "and Peter said unto them, `Reform, and be baptized each of you on the name of Jesus Christ, to remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit"

Matthew 28:19, 20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

Acts 8:35-38 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.”

Acts 16:31, 33 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.”

I agree, but baptism is for believers.