IGNORED

Can Only the Elect Accept God and be saved ?

justfaith

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Romans 9:11-19King James Version (KJV)

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

King James Version (KJV)

Well you need to understand that the context there is not about salvation.   The context is about service and God sovereignly choosing to use whom He will for whatever purpose He wills. 

Nothing in that passage has anything to do with God choosing to save one person and not saving someone else.

Is Essau saved ?  Was judus predestined to betray Jesus ?

Guest shiloh357

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

King James Version (KJV)

Well you need to understand that the context there is not about salvation.   The context is about service and God sovereignly choosing to use whom He will for whatever purpose He wills. 

Nothing in that passage has anything to do with God choosing to save one person and not saving someone else.

That has nothing to do with my response...  How about addressing what I actually said?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/09/1941

King James Version (KJV)

hi

was Judas iscariot predestined to betray Christ ; NO ,it is like you chose a crew but in that crew you pick a trouble maker /lazy one/a thief/or what not did you specially pick this guy before he was born or just of the shelf so to speak ,lots of them around

but what is strange is that this man ;stayed with Christ 3.5 years see,heard,touched,and worked with the son of God what was it that went through this man head ? it was doubts for after his betray look what he says ;

Mt 27:4 “I have sinned,” he said, “for I have betrayed innocent blood.” 
“What is that to us?” they replied. “That’s your responsibility.” 
Mt 27:5 So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.

JN 13:2 During supper, the devil having already put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon, to betray Him,

Mt 27:3 When Judas, who had betrayed him, saw that Jesus was condemned, he was seized with remorse and returned the thirty silver coins to the chief priests and the elders.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Justfaith

Esau was not saved because he traded in his inheritance for a bowl of soup.

God uses Esau as an example to the christian world.

Anyone that comes to Christ has an inheritance waiting for them.

The inheritance is given at the end of our journey.

God does not want us to trade our inheritance with something that will satisfy the flesh.

This would be speaking of the lukewarm christians, as Jesus said he would spew them out of his mouth.

God wants our whole heart, soul and mind.

Esau is an example that we christians can also lose our inheritance, if we get impatient and don't put God first.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

Ephesians 1:4-7King James Version (KJV)

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Hi Justfaith,

This passage is part of what is known as a Hebraism. A Hebraism is a Jewish praise to God. In this passage Paul is giving praise to God for what He has done for the Jewish people. It's not speaking of God choosing who will be saved as many claim.

If God predestined some for eternal life, that means He predestined some for hell. The bible tells us God does not desire that even ONE should perish. The keyword in the scripture is not predestined. The keyword is foreknew. God already knew who would choose Him and who would reject Him.

If God predestined some for hell on judgment day they could say... not fair. And who so ever shall call upon the name of The Lord shall be saved.

Romans 9:13-20King James Version (KJV)

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Hi Justfaith,

This passage is part of what is known as a Hebraism. A Hebraism is a Jewish praise to God. In this passage Paul is giving praise to God for what He has done for the Jewish people. It's not speaking of God choosing who will be saved as many claim.

What is your thoughts on Pharaoh ? Was he predestined to be destroyed ?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

Hi Justfaith,

When you say predestined, do you mean was he created for that purpose? If that is what you are asking, my answer would be no. Scripture says that Pharaoh hardened his heart. God said that He raise Pharaoh up that He might show His power. I believe the hardening of Pharaoh was only after he had hardened his own heart.

Hi Justfaith,

When you say predestined, do you mean was he created for that purpose? If that is what you are asking, my answer would be no. Scripture says that Pharaoh hardened his heart. God said that He raise Pharaoh up that He might show His power. I believe the hardening of Pharaoh was only after he had hardened his own heart.

Then you are sadly mistaken God harden Pharaoh heart before that read the story as a result when Pharaoh did harden his heart is because God had already did 

Exodus 4:21 And the Lord said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go

Edited by justfaith

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

A few verses to ponder:

John 15:16New King James Version (NKJV)

16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

2 Timothy 2:20 (KJ21) | In Context | Whole Chapter

20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth, and some to honor and some to dishonor.

Romans 9:21New King James Version (NKJV)

21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?

John 6:44New King James Version (NKJV)

44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

IMO its a mystery.