• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/27/1994

My answer is that not only is it wrong for a woman to preach for the reasons you mentioned yourself along with other passages of scripture but that you should immediately begin looking for another church home and probably another denomination altogether. If you are in a denomination that can't get something so simple and black and white as women not preaching correct I wonder what else they are teaching in error. Some people get really worked up when you mention this but it isn't me saying women are not to ever preach, it is God in His Word saying it. In my opinion, the denomination or church that most generally lines up closest to scripture in all accounts are your independent Baptist churches. Now, I am not saying that applies all of the time, of course there are good and bad in all churches but as a general rule your ind. fundamental Baptist churches line up most closely with the bible and it's teachings in all areas. I'm sure there will be some who read this and take offense but I don't mean to, if you are from a different denomination I could probably show you from scripture where your denomination is in error. Some say you must be baptized to be saved which is wrong, some say you can lose your salvation which is also wrong, some say you have to speak in tongues which is horribly wrong and I could go on and on with items like that, all things that man has added to or taken away from scripture. Now one of the latest issues is that some denominations are allowing homosexuals to preach and if you are a member of a denomination that allows that you need to run and run away fast. God calls homosexuality an abomination so how could one even consider allowing one to preach God's Word? Guess that is a long answer to your question but it's my two cents worth and it didn't cost you anything.

Michael

Hi Michael:-)

Thank you for your feedback, About changing denominations that's not something I really care about. I care about the Word of God i care about the truth being preached even if it hurts, it something is the will of God then it's the will of God. I came from a baptist church & I'm sorry to tell you but even though the baptist church has many good things, it has one thing that i cannot stand (of course I'm talking about the baptist churches i know) they always have so many ppl that they are afraid to speak the truth, they are afraid to speak against sin & about hell, they are afraid to speak about holiness & guess what the bible says? It says that without holiness nobody will see the Lord . So yes maybe being a woman & in control of a church might not be pleasing t God bt im sure it is even less pleasing to have a church full of people that are ignorant about God's expectations from us once we are saved, i was in a baptist church for 2 yrs, got baptized, i was an usher and the power point assistant while dying in my sin. Sleeping with my boyfriend without being married & do you think anybody ever tell us anything? I was 16 and really seeking God bt didnt have a leader that could show me the right way & the pastor was a man. But God put somebody on my path that showed me the way to Him

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Just for the record, the scripture that was being referenced about God punishing his people in part by women ruling over them is from Isaiah 3:12.

As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them.  O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths. 

There is no question that there is a clear Biblical order for things, and it is not being followed.  The question in this thread is about whether or not it is a sin for women to preach.  I don't believe it is.  The only thing I can see women are not qualified to do is be Bishops, Deacons and Elders.  Women are not forbidden to teach.  What it is speaking of is the fact wives are not to usurp the authority of their husbands in the home.  They are to be obedient to their own husbands, and follow the example of Sarah, who called her husband Abraham Lord.  It has nothing to do with women sharing the gospel, or teaching classes in church or anything like that.  It is speaking of women taking the rightful place of their husbands and trying to rule the home.  The Biblical chain of authority is God the Father, Jesus Christ, The Man (Husband), The Woman (Wife), The Children.  If anyone wishes to challenge anything I said, I can easily give scripture to back it up, just as I did for the person who failed to post Isaiah 3:12, but only referenced it. 

Okay, I looked for this original post and couldn't find it.  Isaiah 3:12 is pulled right out of context to be used in this argument.  According to the whole chapter these women were in power over the men before God's judgement against them and I haven't met ANY Christian woman acting the way these women are described.  So that whole scripture reference is a moot point

thank you heartprint...yes we know this verse was taken out of context in the post it was originally referred to....I was the one that responded to that paticular post.

(see my psot 37 in response to the post above it for reference)

I asked for the reference (I knew there was one) and Butero supplied it

he is not against women preachers

I am not comfortable with a woman pastor....however I do not believe that the passage often referred to in scripture is all encompassing and no woman

ever should say anything ever in any church no matter what

However, I have met and had to deal with more than one woman acting just as described.  One case in particular where a woman tried to really and trully

take over the Pastor's place by means that indicated another spirit and not the Holy Spirit, was behind her actions...but that's another discussion  

Hello everyone :-)

So I've had this question for awhile & always asked but I still don't feel comfortable with what other people have told me for some reason. I am a woman so of course I would prefer if the answer was no but I want to know the truth, i don't want to be deceived.

The bible says:

1 Corinthians 14:34

The women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says.

1 Corinthians 14:35

If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.

1 Timothy 2:12

I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

Among other passages.

Is Paul & Timothy only talking to specific people in their time, or to specific churches that where going through trouble or is this for everybody today also? I always feel the urge to speak about God & tell the whole world about Him but now i'm not even sure if I should do that, also at church I love to participate during the bible studies, i'm even the kid's Sunday school teacher, & my pastor is a woman (we have other pastors in the church but she's the main pastor).so can somebody help me? Thank you so much. GOD bless you guys!!!

This is really interesting and it just caught my attention. 1 Corinthians 14:34 states "...just as the Law also states". Has Paul then put women under the Law? I was led to believe that in the spirit there is neither slave nor free, Jew nor Gentile, male nor female. If a church, being the body of Christ, and the offices and leadership of that church are not being rendered in the spirit then it must be run by the ? state of birth of the believer being either male or female in the flesh? I understand perfectly in my home and the running of the that home, and the "law" that Paul speaks of which is not the ten commandments, that my husband takes the ownership and the lead role. And I do love and honour him beyond measure. However, in the church, in things of the spirit, my husband will often ask me for clarification and bless me to minister. I wonder what women in ministry and/or leadership in the church have to say about this? Have you asked your lead pastor who is, as you have stated, a woman? Or have you spoken with the other pastors of the church who are obviously under her authority? If you are part of an organized religion such as Baptist, Pentecostal etc, then your pastors are under a headship that is under a headship that is probably under another headship that is under Christ who is the head of the church. :emot-heartbeat:

Yes, same here. & that is exactly what my mentors & my pastor said. She said that at home the husband is the leader, He is the head & we have to submit to them but at the church it's not like that bc God has given us all different gifts and we have to use them, & if she preaches the truth& everything according to God's Word then it shouldn't be a problem. I guess I can see whether is pleasing or not by the fruit of the Spirit & i have grown spiritually like never before in this church, something that didn't occur in other churches i have been to that are lead by male pastors.

My husband often asks me about specific points in the Bible for clarification also & he loves to see me so involved in the church all the time so i think sometimes God gives us wisdom that He doesn't give our husbands just like He reveals things to them that He doesn't reveal to us.

Also i had asked my church brothers and sisters about it but I wanted to see somewhere else because i was afraid they where going to answer me blindly,& i just want to know what God's will is so that everything we do can be pleasing to Him.

Thank you so much for your response :-) God Bless

My advice would be to pray about it. Pray that if it be His will you leave, that He'd direct you to the church He wants you in. Then just be open to His leading. This is just my opinion, but I'd say continuing where you are now until God shows you where He wants you to move to would be preferable to not going anywhere.

Thank you so much for your advice! & yes i am not going to leave unless God leads me somewhere else that I know His Word is being preached through the power of the Holy Spirit! & like i was saying I grow a lot spiritually in this church so it does give me some sadness & pain to leave but I'm leaving it in God's hands.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Personally I am humble enough to hear God's truth regardless of who speaks it.  After all even Balaam listened to a donkey!  And no I am not calling us women donkeys!  A female pastor may be a stumbling block for some and so in that case she should not be a Pastor there in order to not divide the church but if believers are will to accept the truth from her than she should stay.

Everyone seems so bent on being right that no one is really interested in what is actually right.  If it is God's truth, who am I to tell someone to stop?

One last thing, on a bit of a side note (sorry addressing something someone said earlier in this discussion):  I am told to submit to my husband, not ALL men.  ;)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi ThereIsFreedom,

A lot of time we tend to look at how the Lord is building His Body through man`s lens, man`s organisations. These have a hierarchy of power that is not scriptural. To actually see what God is doing we need look no further than women in our day whom He has raised up & used mightily - eg. Jackie Pullinger of `Chasing the dragon,` in the walled city of Hong Kong & the many, many women `leaders,` disciplers all over the world in every day life & not in man made organisations.  

Also in God`s word are many great examples of women used to lead, speak, teach, etc etc. But of course - minus the organisation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,156
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Personally I am humble enough to hear God's truth regardless of who speaks it.  After all even Balaam listened to a donkey!  And no I am not calling us women donkeys!  A female pastor may be a stumbling block for some and so in that case she should not be a Pastor there in order to not divide the church but if believers are will to accept the truth from her than she should stay.

Everyone seems so bent on being right that no one is really interested in what is actually right.  If it is God's truth, who am I to tell someone to stop?

One last thing, on a bit of a side note (sorry addressing something someone said earlier in this discussion):  I am told to submit to my husband, not ALL men.  ;)

This is fulfillment of His Word-

Deut 13:18

18 When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep all

his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right

in the eyes of the Lord thy God.

KJV

Judg 17:6

6In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which

was right in his own eyes.

KJV

Surely we understand we either look out of God's Eyes or our own... Love, Steven

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,111
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

There is no biblical evidence that either Jesus or his Apostles ever anointed a woman to be an apostle, seventy, bishop/overseer, teacher, or deacon. That is to say, positions of ministerial authority in the Church. Jesus was clearly not a sexist. Jesus and his apostles set the example: who are we to think we know better? 

(The gift of prophecy is not a position of authority in the Church. Its role is to deliver messenges from God. The sex of the messenger is irrelevant.)

Secondly (and this is my personal opinion based on both biblical and extra-biblical sources), there are two primary ministries that God has established in mankind: the ministry wherein spiritual children are brought into the world, and the ministry where bodily children are brought into the world. Woman have been given sole authority over the sanctuary of the body, the womb. Men have been given sole authority over the sanctuary of the Spirit.

One of the primary reasons why the world has been descending into chaos is that men have imposed their will over the ministry of the womb, and women have imposed their will over the ministry of the Spirit. The Prince of this World, IMHO, is the author of this confusion, because he seeks to pervert and corrupt everything that God has established. God gave each sex a role with its unique mission, and we would all get along much better, and each be more personally fulfilled, if we would stick to our God-given purposes for which each sex was created.

Secondly (and this is my personal opinion based on both biblical and extra-biblical sources), there are two primary ministries that God has established in mankind: the ministry wherein spiritual children are brought into the world, and the ministry where bodily children are brought into the world. Woman have been given sole authority over the sanctuary of the body, the womb. Men have been given sole authority over the sanctuary of the Spirit. 

~

One

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:10-14

Way

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 1 Peter 1:23

~

Spiritual

And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time. Judges 4:4

And Physical

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; Ephesians 5:25

Too

Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.

The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife. 1 Corinthians 7:3-4

~

Just Another Take

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. Genesis 2:18

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

There is no biblical evidence that either Jesus or his Apostles ever anointed a woman to be an apostle, seventy, bishop/overseer, teacher, or deacon. That is to say, positions of ministerial authority in the Church. Jesus was clearly not a sexist. Jesus and his apostles set the example: who are we to think we know better? 

(The gift of prophecy is not a position of authority in the Church. Its role is to deliver messenges from God. The sex of the messenger is irrelevant.)

One of the primary reasons why the world has been descending into chaos is that men have imposed their will over the ministry of the womb, and women have imposed their will over the ministry of the Spirit. The Prince of this World, IMHO, is the author of this confusion, because he seeks to pervert and corrupt everything that God has established. God gave each sex a role with its unique mission, and we would all get along much better, and each be more personally fulfilled, if we would stick to our God-given purposes for which each sex was created.

Well you did state personal opinion, but let's look at that.

Regarding physical birth:  I'm pretty sure men play a part in that.  Really

Regarding spiritual birth:  Women cannot lead someone to salvation?  Really?

Men have been given sole authority over the sanctuary of the Spirit.

That's just so wrong I hardly know where to begin.

Honestly, I see these types of posts as regarding women as inferior to men.  No wonder some women get the impression that the Bible is anti-women.

God gave each sex a role with its unique mission, and we would all get along much better, and each be more personally fulfilled, if we would stick to our God-given purposes for which each sex was created.

There are definately differences in the genders, but not as you have expressed.  Salvation is for all and God does not define the gifts of the Holy Spirit

by gender.

In Christ, there is neither male nor female...meaning God does not put one gender over the other.

So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.  Gal 3

I really don't think the world would be a better place, nor would people all get along, if women were completely silenced and not allowed to say anything

other then 'yes dear' in and out of church as some men seem to preach