Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bestrfcplayer

Haven't been here in a while...

59 posts in this topic

And I just wanted to pop in and let people know that I am alive, and very well and have been ever more present in my spiritual journey. I'm now one of those people who while I do believe in God and Jesus, I don't really believe in the Bible, save for the Gospels.

And I just wanted to pop in and let people know that I am alive, and very well and have been ever more present in my spiritual journey. I'm now one of those people who while I do believe in God and Jesus, I don't really believe in the Bible, save for the Gospels.

So you believe in God but you don't believe He created heaven and earth, or that He created man? 

Welcome back bestrfcplayer,

I'm sort of new here.

So you believe in Jesus but do not believe the Scriptures yet in the Gospel of John Jesus said the Scriptures cannot be broken. So if you believe the Gospels and believe the words of Christ it would seem some reconsideration of your statement might be necessary in order to rationalize that particular stance.

Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?” The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God.” Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said, you are gods’? If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be broken — do you say of him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’? If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not believe me; 38 but if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father.”

Anyhow glad you're back and ready for discussions as to faith and the Lord.

In Christ, Pat

Edited by Macs Son

So you believe in God but you don't believe He created heaven and earth, or that He created man?

I believe that He did, just not in the way the Bible says (I believe he created the Universe through the Big Bang, and us through evolution).

Before you guys start in.....

Rom 10:8-9
the word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
KJV

Consider what is essential.

Welcome back, if even for a visit. Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of GOD, that He became a human being, that he came to Earth, lived a sinless life, was crucified and paid the sin debt for everyone, has saved those who accept His sacrifice as payment for their sins, was raised from the dead by GOD after 3 days, and now sits at the right hand of GOD? Is He your Savior?

the word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

KJV

That came from Paul, not from Christ. I say John 3:16 is a better start.

Isn't that like believing in the apple but not in the tree?? You can't have one without the other. The OT tells of Jesus and Jesus fulfills the OT. You cannot have one without the other!

KJV

That came from Paul, not from Christ. I say John 3:16 is a better start.

But John 3:16 in the original manuscripts says that you might not perish, where this says that you will definitely be saved.

John 3:16 is a not a definite "will not Perish" even though some of the later translations do say that.   The Greek does not put it into that context.   You are right though it is a good start, but not complete.

It took me a really long time to reconcile the book of Genesis with modern science so I do understand where you are coming from.

I'm just trying to help in your long term walk with the Lord.

You do realize that Jesus quoted the OT in many places and also taught the Apostles?

When Jesus ascended, His ministry did not stop. In fact, it just begun.

We read in John 16:12-15

I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

Jesus spoke these words to His disciples, who became Apostles and wrote the rest of the NT. Since Jesus cannot lie, He did send the Holy Spirit, the Helper, the Spirit of truth who taught what He was told to teach. Those teachings are recorded by those whom Jesus trusted. There is much to gain from excepting all that Christ did, through all of time, not just 3 1/2 years.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0