Sign in to follow this  
bestrfcplayer

Haven't been here in a while...

kwikphilly    26,299

Blessings bestrfc

I wanted to stop by to say "hi" welcome back! It is so good to hear from you again & it is so nice of you to think of us & let us know that you are well.................God Bless you,best

Everyone comes to different levels of learning & understanding at different times....best,as long as you keep a teachable spirit within you & remain ready to receive when God Blesses you with the Wisdom & Understanding that you yearn for then it w4ill be well,,,,,,,,,just keep praying & reaching out to the Lord ,read His Word(all of it) & strive for intimacy with all of your heart...Glory to God'                       

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Welcome back, if even for a visit. Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of GOD, that He became a human being, that he came to Earth, lived a sinless life, was crucified and paid the sin debt for everyone, has saved those who accept His sacrifice as payment for their sins, was raised from the dead by GOD after 3 days, and now sits at the right hand of GOD? Is He your Savior?

RustyAngeL    10,996

And I just wanted to pop in and let people know that I am alive, and very well and have been ever more present in my spiritual journey. I'm now one of those people who while I do believe in God and Jesus, I don't really believe in the Bible, save for the Gospels.

So you believe in God but you don't believe He created heaven and earth, or that He created man? 

Yes very good question.  How can you believe in God but not in the very things He created and the words that He Himself spoke through man  My question is do you believe that you are going to Heaven and if you do what does it take to get there and who is Jesus to you?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Fez    8,097

the great thing is that no one here is going to have the final judgment on you. 

Yes! And that should make one think.

One day we will all stand before God. Glad you are getting it jerry!

Macs Son    355

Hi Other one,

Jesus affirmed the Old Testament Scriptures and even said they pointed to Him. He also affirmed Scripture "could not be broken" - His words not mine. The Apostles in the New Testament also affirmed the Old Testament. Lastly Jesus said this about believer of every generation in context with His Disciples present at the last supper:

John 17:20 "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word

So if one believes in the words of our Lord as communicated in the Gospel, affirming both the Old Testament as well as what the Apostles and Disciples would teach to the Church, I think it illogical to believe in the Gospels and rip out the rest of the Bible or the parts you don't like as Jefferson did. I think there is a danger in believing in a Jesus of your own choosing and not the Lord of Glory found in the Old Testament and affirmed by His Apostles and Disciples.

I believe the danger there is making a Jesus in our own image instead of worshipping God in Spirit and Truth.

In Christ, Pat

So quoting a scripture focusing on what the Word says will save you is making Jesus in our image..... do you have any idea what a Lord is and what your responsibility to that is?

Brother,

I was not stating that the passage of Scripture that you quoted, Romans 10:8-9, which I also quote myself prodigiously when evangelizing, was making a false image of Christ. What I was saying was that the whole text of the Bible, not just the verses we like, speak to who the Lord is.

Yes the Lord is my King and I'm eternally indebted to Him heart and soul. Though He has written off my debt by His love and mercy and enriched me in grace all I can return in gratefulness and a deeper love.

To get back to my point, however, believing in the Gospels and in Jesus, no doubt, is good but the exclusion of the rest of the Bible opens the door to misrepresentation of both who the Lord is, His Will and purpose, and the twisting of Scripture. With respect to the Scriptures Jesus said this:

John 5:39 “You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.

What Scriptures was He speaking of? Since the New Testament and the Gospels were not written until at least 2 decades after He said this, He was clearly speaking of the Old Testament. And He was telling them, and now us thanks to John’s Gospel, the Old Testament is that which speaks of Him. Christ is found everywhere in it, so why would one chose to say they believe Jesus words, yet ignore this statement? I'm not sure the stance is sustainable for a Christian so I’m not sure we can just gloss over it. Thomas Jefferson did rip the guts out of the Bible and so did the Quest for the so called historical Jesus Seminar. This was the fruit of those who said they believe in Jesus and some parts of His Gospel but not all; if they didn't believe in miracles they just ripped them out – So Jesus never really walked on water or raised that dead young girl, right? They don't believe the parts where Jesus talks about hell, so let’s preach a gospel where there’s really no hell, ….rip……!. Who cares if we don’t follow the Old Testament verse about our duty to warn sinners or if some wind up there because we didn’t tell them hell is a real place. My brief point here brother is that when they do this they are making Jesus in their own image instead of knowing the Lord in Truth.

I'm of course not rejecting anyone here. If one has begun to believe in Christ that is crucial but so is knowing Him in the full truth of Scripture as well so we don’t make a mockery of God’s Truth. Here are some verses:

1. Jesus infers we should know the Old Testament so we might not be misled like the Sadducees of Matt 22.

2. Much of what we learn about Jesus was prophesied. He was the cornerstone and He did suffer in the way Psalm 22 and Isaiah 53 project.

3. The instruction pointing to Him starts in Genesis, is in Moses and the prophets. He is to be found everywhere in the OT.

4. We need to be Bereans and search the Scriptures

1. Matthew 22:29 Jesus answered and said to them, “You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God.

2. Mark 12:10 “Have you not even read this Scripture: ‘The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone.

3. Luke 16:31 “But he said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.’ ”

John 5:46 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me.

4. John 5:39 “You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.

I hope I clarified the point I was trying to make brother.

In Christ, Pat

gray wolf    1,648

I am curious Player. Why do you think the Gospels are more reliable than other Scipture?

bestrfcplayer    206

I am curious Player. Why do you think the Gospels are more reliable than other Scipture?

For me, it's that they're Christ's own words and teachings

shiloh357    31,179

But the entire Bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit and even Jesus quoted from the Old Testament several times.  So if the logic is that Jesus' words are the most important, and Jesus places a lot of importance on the OT Scriptures, don't you think you should do the same?

Are you going to answer my question, post # 22?

Sign in to follow this