Sign in to follow this  
bestrfcplayer

Haven't been here in a while...

And I just wanted to pop in and let people know that I am alive,

and very well and have been ever more present in my spiritual journey.

I'm now one of those people who while I do believe in God and Jesus,

I don't really believe in the Bible,

save for the Gospels.

~

Beloved

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. John 5:39

Nevertheless

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Matthew 5:18

All Of The Bible Is True

And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. Luke 24:44

And The Unbelieving World

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. John 12:47

Will Stand Condemned

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. John 12:48

By It's Very Words

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42.8

Love, Your Brother Joe

Before you guys start in.....

Rom 10:8-9

the word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

KJV

Consider what is essential.

Hi Other one,

Jesus affirmed the Old Testament Scriptures and even said they pointed to Him. He also affirmed Scripture "could not be broken" - His words not mine. The Apostles in the New Testament also affirmed the Old Testament. Lastly Jesus said this about believer of every generation in context with His Disciples present at the last supper:

John 17:20 "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word

So if one believes in the words of our Lord as communicated in the Gospel, affirming both the Old Testament as well as what the Apostles and Disciples would teach to the Church, I think it illogical to believe in the Gospels and rip out the rest of the Bible or the parts you don't like as Jefferson did. I think there is a danger in believing in a Jesus of your own choosing and not the Lord of Glory found in the Old Testament and affirmed by His Apostles and Disciples.

I believe the danger there is making a Jesus in our own image instead of worshipping God in Spirit and Truth.

In Christ, Pat

Shalom Pat,

Every one of us started somewhere.  If someone starts with the Gospels only, it is a good start.  What Jefferson did is much different than what a new born Christian will do.  Jefferson had studied for many years.

the great thing is that no one here is going to have the final judgment on you. 

:thumbsup:

The Sorry Thing Is That Even Here

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. Acts 17:11

There Are Those Who

but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea. Matthew 18:6 (ESV)

Would Gladly

Of sin, because they believe not on me; John 16:9

Send You

Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen. 1 John 5:21

Straight

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Genesis 3:1(a-c)

To Hell

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

~

Believe

Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. John  5:24 (ESV)

And Be Blessed Beloved

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. John 10:8-11

Be Very Blessed

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. John  6:40

Love, Your Brother Joe

I am curious Player. Why do you think the Gospels are more reliable than other Scipture?

For me, it's that they're Christ's own words and teachings

Are you going to answer my question, post # 22?

Sorry about that, I've been busy with work/school. And I have answered yes to all of those questions in the past, and still say yes to them today, though I've had my doubts before.

Hi bestrfcplayer,

My thoughts are that you should work with the Holy Spirit to reveal Jesus walking with you in your daily life. As you are going to college, studying, having time with friends, etc take awhile to meditate on His creation, people & our attitudes to each other, learn to see from His view the beauty before us but how it is marred. Let Him open up His character to you as He knows how you think.

You will be surprised by the details that are highlighted to you. It is an adventure as we discover who we are & most importantly who He is in our lives.

Blessings, Marilyn.

That is why it is so important to realize that all of scripture is for gaining more faith.  We read that our old man, the nature we held onto for so long and trusted, will no longer exist when we become a nre creation in Him, being more like Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Regeneration takes time, one second, one step at a time. Allow it to happen and you will understand.

I'll be ready to take on the steps anytime that I can, maybe even setting aside time to study Scripture after I'm done with my homework, and in the morning before I drive to my classes. Faith is extremely complicated.

If you have an mp3 player in your car, you might download the bible and listen to it while you are on the way to school....  I did this  at my work and listened to the new testament a couple of hundred times over 20 years and the whole Bible a dozen.

I do have an IPod, but not something that I can plug it into my car and listen to (that's a bit expensive at the store I work at, and I usually don't like to spend stuff over 20 bucks, unless it's gas, but that can't be helped lol)

you can download alexander Scorby's reading of the bible fairly inexpensively.. $19.99    at  http://scourby.com/

Hi bestrfcplayer,

My thoughts are that you should work with the Holy Spirit to reveal Jesus walking with you in your daily life. As you are going to college, studying, having time with friends, etc take awhile to meditate on His creation, people & our attitudes to each other, learn to see from His view the beauty before us but how it is marred. Let Him open up His character to you as He knows how you think.

You will be surprised by the details that are highlighted to you. It is an adventure as we discover who we are & most importantly who He is in our lives.

Blessings, Marilyn.

I'll try to do that! Thanks! The time that I think I could do that would most likely be in the mornings before I take off for school.

Hi bestrfplayer,

That`s great. You can also just do it while in your every day life. It just means where ever you are sometimes just take a `back seat` in your mind & see what the Lord shows you, about people, lessons, events etc. It`s not some big, long study but just part of your everyday life in this world. 

Have a `God` day. Blessings, Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

Hey best!!!!

Just remember that  you are sooooooo welcome here,your questiions are soooooooooo welcome,I think you are terrific,I know you love Jesus & so does Jesus & you are loved by many here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,missed seeing you around best! Oh,you are on the right track best,it is a good place to start,,,,,,Faith comes by hearing Gods Word....................I will come into agreement with you ,asking & believing in Jesus Mighty Name that by the Power of the Holy Spirit you receive Wisdom,Understanding and you become more & more intimate with our Lord

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Sign in to follow this