ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Im interested in your thoughts from a biblical perspective and not a secular perspective. The us constitution permits americans the right to bear arms, but biblically what do you think of this pastor's message?

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/north-phoenix/local-pastor-john-correia-teaches-about-gun-rights-and-safety-

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

I say they will come in handy when the muslems try to take over our homeland.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

I say they will come in handy when the muslems try to take over our homeland.

Is that what we as Christians should do?

Are his views biblically correct?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

I received my first gun, a 20 ga shotgun, for my twelve birthday, my father bought it for me. Shortly after, I shot my first squirrel sitting in my Fathers lap as he sat on a big log. Hunting with my father was a very special time in my life. He taught me gun safety.

When I see someone in public with a sidearm holstered I feel so safe, I believe that they are authorized to carry.

Guns don't scare me, I am comfortable around them, that's just how I was raised. I was a Junior Deputy once and the taught gun safety.

Christians owning guns and teaching their Children, no problem.

from a biblical perspective, Jesus told His disciples to sell their cloak and buy a sword. Not for vengeance, and not even to defend oneself if being persecuted for their faith. so why then? because there are a million other reasons why one would need a weapon for defense. God differentiates between killing and murder. we shouldn't use the sword (or in this day and age, a gun... either way, God is talking about a weapon that can be used to kill) for our own personal gain. but throughout scripture God has His people defend against evil. if one's life is being threatened, whether it is yours or someone else's, it is permissible to use a sword. i'm sure that would extend to a gun. also from a biblical perspective, when the walls of jerusalem were being rebuilt, it was with sword in hand to defend those who would tear it down, or who would bring harm to the jews.  (nehemiah chapter 4). 

and of course, guns are also useful for putting fresh meat on the dinner table.

Shortly after, I shot my first squirrel sitting in my Fathers lap as he sat on a big log. Hunting with my father was a very special time in my life. He taught me gun safety.

LOL i had to read that three times before i understood that the squirrel was not sitting in your father's lap when you shot it. i was thinking WOW, that dad really trusted your aim! 

Shortly after, I shot my first squirrel sitting in my Fathers lap as he sat on a big log. Hunting with my father was a very special time in my life. He taught me gun safety.

LOL i had to read that three times before i understood that the squirrel was not sitting in your father's lap when you shot it. i was thinking WOW, that dad really trusted your aim!

Chuckle, oh no, I had to laugh, I needed that.

...when the walls of jerusalem were being rebuilt, it was with sword in hand to defend those who would tear it down, or who would bring harm to the jews.  (nehemiah chapter 4). 

That's pretty good obscure Biblical knowledge, LadyC. ;-)

...when the walls of jerusalem were being rebuilt, it was with sword in hand to defend those who would tear it down, or who would bring harm to the jews.  (nehemiah chapter 4). 

well, i've read the bible three times in the last four years, so i've learned a lot. blogged my way through one of those times, and REALLY gained a much deeper understanding of some subjects! sadly though, i forget more than i remember these days.

well, i've read the bible three times in the last four years, so i've learned a lot. blogged my way through one of those times, and REALLY gained a much deeper understanding of some subjects! sadly though, i forget more than i remember these days.
Alright then you won't mind if I test you a little.

I know what you mean about forgetting as days go by, my 'hey day' of knowledge was late 80s - first half of the 90s. ;-)