• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,703
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Naturally, I am totally in agreement with this pastor.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

I suppose it's a matter of faith, do we trust in our gun to protect us or in God to protect us? Unless the Holy Spirit guides us into buying a gun for protection, then it's a different story. It is a fun hobby tough, such as target shooting or hunting to provide food in order to survive if we are too poor to buy meat...

heres the question hall, does God provide those of us who are financially able to purchase guns, to have them to protect ourselves? Perhaps its not a matter of trusting our gun over God-but using a tool God provided us.

heres the question hall, does God provide those of us who are financially able to purchase guns, to have them to protect ourselves? Perhaps its not a matter of trusting our gun over God-but using a tool God provided us.

Sure, if you have the tool to use as protection then I'm sure there are circumstances where God would allow you to use it if it's His will to take someone's life in order to spare yours if your life on Earth is important to Him in the long run to serve His will. Although gun or no gun God will protect us no matter what if it's His will for us to survive.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The testimony of Paul would be much different:

I dropped 6 of them before they got off the first rock and

3 more before they knocked me unconscious with the tenth...

Acts 14:19-20

I suppose it's a matter of faith, do we trust in our gun to protect us or in God to protect us? Unless the Holy Spirit guides us into buying a gun for protection, then it's a different story. It is a fun hobby tough, such as target shooting or hunting to provide food in order to survive if we are too poor to buy meat...

see to me, that's the exact same thing as someone saying "do we put our trust in doctors, or do we put our trust in God?" God gives us doctors to heal. God gives us weapons for protection. i don't see this (the gun issue) as a matter of faith at all. i see it as a matter of personal preference. but since God clearly gives instructions for the ownership and use of weapons in scripture, saying that having or using one is lacking faith in God is really naive. and i don't say that in an attempt to belittle or offend, it's just how i see it.

To each their own I guess... If one has to carry a gun everywhere they go, I see that as living in fear. But that's my personal opinion and don't mean to offend anyone, it's just what I feel in my heart and wish more people would be at peace with themselves...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

Nobody "has" to carry a gun around everywhere they go. It isn't about "having" to do anything. In America, we have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Our forefathers died to guarantee us this right. I wish more Americans could be at peace with that.

To each their own I guess... If one has to carry a gun everywhere they go, I see that as living in fear. But that's my personal opinion and don't mean to offend anyone, it's just what I feel in my heart and wish more people would be at peace with themselves...

I carry a gun most places I go, and quite the contrary, I do not live in fear. I find, if a person is living in fear-they will live in fear regardless of whether they are carrying a side arm or not. The few times Im not carrying, I am not in fear of my life. I do not carry out of fear-I carry not because I am afraid of the crazy world I live in, I carry because I feel that God calls me to protect my family-and protect those who are unable to protect themselves. Carrying a gun, is simply a way I can be prepared to do so. There is a difference between "being prepared" and "living in fear" just because I carry a gun, does not mean I live in fear-nor do most gun carriers. To suggest that anyone-especially christians-who own and carry sidearms, are living in "fear" because they have and carry sidearms, is not a educated statement. In some cases Im sure, in some parts of the world, or even the US, definetly-but by in large, most gun owners do not live in fear-whether its because their faith is already in a Almighty God and they believe that tool is just that-a tool given to them to help them do their job, or because of the mere fact theyre carrying a sidearm in the first place, they arn't living in fear. If you don't want, or feel its right to carry a sidearm that is fine-but don't make uninformed judgements about us-because quite frankly theyre just that-uninformed.

Nobody "has" to carry a gun around everywhere they go. It isn't about "having" to do anything. In America, we have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Our forefathers died to guarantee us this right. I wish more Americans could be at peace with that.

Many people feel the need to not leave the house without a gun... How can one live in peace when the subconscious knows that guns can promote violence...