ayin jade

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

If I see someone hurting someone or something and I know I can stop it, I will stop it.

I won't sit passively by, flip open my Bible and read the 23rd psalm.

You see, there is a difference between engagning in spiritual fights and physical fights although the spiritual certainly spills over into the physical...ie ISIS...the ideology is demonic, the

process of that spiritual evil is an acting out in a physical manner

I have had occaision to pray for protection when real and present physicial danger was imminent and God came through

However, I was put in that danger by circumstance...I did not know what was going to happen...and I felt in my spirit that danger was near and I prayed until I knew the danger had passed

If I deliberately go into danger and except to be some sort of 'fire walker', I think I would be asking for trouble.

God does not keep us ignorant of things to come...is there a a reason He warns us?  I do not think it is a sin to carry a gun...what does that make every police officer out there?

Evil is everywhere...if the Holy Spirit did not curtail it, earth would have blown up a long time ago IMO...God is not rushed in His own plans....and I think it is presumptious to expect

God to put some kind of cloak over us when He has warned us over and over....both regarding spiritual deception and the physical results of that deception...like night follows day

guns aren't different than anything else. the instrument of death is greed, jealousy, and hatred. that is the true weapon. and it's been in existence since cain and abel, and they didn't have guns back then.

guns are a means of defending the innocent and the helpless if they are in the hands of good people.

and you're not going to get them OUT of the hands of psychos. 

so if you were walking through a dark alley, would you rather run into a psycho with a gun, or a christian with a gun? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

It's understandable that America is big on guns, they're as easy to buy as anything else in this country. It would be interesting to hear comments from people who don't reside in the US about this subject. For the record I don't have anything against guns, I was just trying to make a point about people not able to leave the house without a gun, that comes from some kind of fear or something to do with the ego.

I don't reside in the U.S. but I believe that citizens should have the right to carry guns.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

I like this debate and will reply to comments later today since I'm the only one on my side... I'd like to point out that I personally believe that carrying a gun isn't a sin, but I do see it as a fleshly human behavior instead of a spiritual behaviour...

and why can't it be both? if it can't be, then how do you reconcile scriptures where God instructed His people to carry and use weapons? were they not carrying out God's purpose and furthering His will by doing so?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Trust in God not in man made weapons for protection of your loved ones friends... Love in Christ...

and run...cause that is most likely what would happen I trust in God...but I still work to pay the bills and have a roof over my noggin There is a line between trusting in what God has actually defined as that trust.... and presumption
have you ever been mugged?   and for the record Hall7 God told us not to murder he didn't say not to kill. I might add that one does not have to kill to protect him/herself or others with a gun.   I do carry, but the last thing in the world I want to do is kill someone....    One never really gets over that.....   ask a vet.....      but worse would be living with not stopping someone from raping my wife, daughter or grand kids.......   or maybe even the neighbor..   Since I see those things happening to people, even Christians, across our country, I am assuming that God is leaving it up to us to protect ourselves. When Jesus sent the disciples out not carrying money or food he told them to go unarmed.......   but when he sent them back out with both money and food he told them to take their swords with them for protection.......    he could have just said you will be protected anyway, but he didn't.     I don't see any difference today. If I am put in a position to need to, my prayer would be to not miss and hurt anyone else.   If God doesn't want the perp to die, he can mess with my aim a bit or spook the perp into leaving us alone......    and that has happened to me twice in life.
I understand Otherone and I appreciate everyone's honest comments... So do you think God would not have protected you in these situations if you didn't happen to have a gun?

He hasn't in all instances I've seen in people around me, and some he has.....    God gave us common sense to care for ourselves.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Do we send missionaries out with weapons to defend themselves? We are all missionaries, and I respect your right to bear arms, Not against guns, but does anyone recognize the tone of this thread? I'm not prepared to send anyone to hell by killing them. I agree with self defense, but I don't need a gun when God is for me. We are at war, but I believe the instructions Jesus gave us are so much more powerful than any gun. Again, listen to the dominant tone of this thread. Anyone read the same miracles I do in the bible? God is near, Let us put our trust in Jesus,

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

In my humble opinion, The Holy Spirit through Peter, James, john, Paul or even Jesus Christ himself did not teach us to respond to violence with more violence. 

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,141
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It seems to be the most resistant path!

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,703
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Hall, you say that guns are different. That they are an instrument of death. You said that they can do do of their own will. My question is are you serious? That is ridiculous. Guns have no will whatsoever. They are intimate objects. Only a living being can have a will, it is IMPOSSIBLE for a intimate object to do anything-especially kill someone. To suggest that guns are different because they can kill on their own accord is as ridiculous as the moon being made of swiss cheese.

As far "thou shalt not kill" that's already been properly addressed