IGNORED

Was Jesus crucified on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?

justfaith

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Wouldn't it be nice if the Bible or the Jews used the same calendar? Wouldn't it be nice if the Bible told us what day it was, or what specific day was the Sabbath, or the date of Jesus' birthday? But it doesn't, so all you'll get with those question is speculation. For those of you who think the Bible is a perfect record, take another look please!

The bible calendar is the calendar used by the Jewish people. The bible does tell us what day it was, per the biblical calendar. It is just that the calendar used today, by most people, is not the biblical calendar, so it is confusing. The bible is a perfect record. It is people who have it messed up.  

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

Hi

I've made up a table concerning this subject for us to look at, and unable to insert it here in tact.

Can anyone help?  I've been trying for days with no luck.

I know it's probably something simple, and I am not too good at computers.

I've googled what to do but it makes no sense to me.

I appeciate anyone's help if you have the time or patience!

Thankyou

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Hi

I've made up a table concerning this subject for us to look at, and unable to insert it here in tact.

Thankyou

what format is is in???

Hi

Thankyou

what format is is in???

I've done it in .mht format.

Thanks

Other one,

I also did it in word document, and html.

I copied my table and tried to paste.

There must be an icon here to use but I can't work it out.

I could turn it into a photo and post it that way.....   it's a kind of round about thing.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

not so important, what is, is that he rose again on the third day. As a sign to everyone that God sent him

3daysnights.jpg

Hello all.

I've done up a table to show how the Jewish days work against ours according to my understanding.

The new Jewish day started at 6pm in the evening and went through to 6am.

After 6am, the same day would continue into the daylight hours, then end at 6pm.

So their nights came before their days.

The key to Christ's resurrection is that he rose on the first day of the week early in the morning. This would be sunday light. 

From there we work backwards, putting in all the clues.

If you can see anything wrong with this chart, or my information, then please point it out to me.

I would rather we all nut it out and get it right together.

I don't know how to make the chart larger for reading, so you'll have to zoom in.

God bless

3daysnights.jpg

Hello all.

I've done up a table to show how the Jewish days work against ours according to my understanding.

The new Jewish day started at 6pm in the evening and went through to 6am.

After 6am, the same day would continue into the daylight hours, then end at 6pm.

So their nights came before their days.

The key to Christ's resurrection is that he rose on the first day of the week early in the morning. This would be sunday light. 

From there we work backwards, putting in all the clues.

If you can see anything wrong with this chart, or my information, then please point it out to me.

I would rather we all nut it out and get it right together.

I don't know how to make the chart larger for reading, so you'll have to zoom in.

God bless

Just click on it.....    The Worthy Software reduces photos so different sized can be shown....   Just click on the table and it will jump out at you and is easily read...

I would add only one thing.....   It seems to me that Jesus had risen before sunrise Sunday morning, leaving no third day in the ground.

3daysnights.jpg

Just click on it.....    The Worthy Software reduces photos so different sized can be shown....   Just click on the table and it will jump out at you and is easily read...

Thank you. Problem sorted!

I would add only one thing.....   It seems to me that Jesus had risen before sunrise Sunday morning, leaving no third day in the ground.

Ok, thanks. Lets look at the scriptures.

It was prophesied he would be raised on the third day

Matthew 16:21   From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

Matthew 17:23   And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.

Matthew 20:19   And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.

Mark 9:31   For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day.

Mark 10:34   And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill him: and the third day he shall rise again.

Luke 9:22   Saying, The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be slain, and be raised the third day.

Luke 18:33   And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

Luke 24:7   Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.

Luke 24:46   And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

There's quite a lot of verses attesting to his rising on the third day.

And after the fact...

Acts 10:40   Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;

1 Corinthians 15:4   And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

It's confirmed it happened as prophesised

Now the details of exactly when...

Matthew 28:1   In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

Matthew 28:2   And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.

Mark 16:1   And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.

Mark 16:2   And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.

Mark 16:3   And they said among themselves, Who shall roll us away the stone from the door of the sepulchre?

Mark 16:4   And when they looked, they saw that the stone was rolled away: for it was very great.

Luke 24:1   Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.

Luke 24:2   And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.

Matthew says Mary came as it came to dawn towards the first day of the week (moments before sunrise sunday) in the end of the sabbath

Mark says when the sabbath was past, very early in the first day of the week

Luke says the first day of the week, very early in the morning.

The only thing I can conclude was that Mary was making her way into the burial ground just minutes before sunrise, or maybe even a minute earlier, or so,

by the time she got there to the actual tomb, Christ was already risen in those few moments of her arriving.

It looks as though, Christ was raised as soon as the sun was up, the exact moment it became the third day, on sunday daylight.

Would you agree to those facts?

Can anyone tell me what time sabbath officially ends?