• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

I’d like to offer a forum (thread) for creationists to write about what they think biological evolution is all about.  If possible, I’d ask that there be no commentary on what they think the veracity of the theory is, but only what they think that scientists espouse – your disagreement with the theory will be understood. 

As an olive branch, I as one who views the evidence of evolution as overwhelming, will offer up an objective view on creation…

Genesis:

20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.” 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

My understanding of this is that God spoke all creatures into existence starting with fish, mollusks, marine mammals, all other sea creatures and then the birds.  Then God created the land creatures.

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

After that, God created Man (Adam) in his current form to rule over all the creatures of the earth.

Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.

By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

After Man and all animals had been created, God rested.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

I’d like to offer a forum (thread) for creationists to write about what they think biological evolution is all about.  If possible, I’d ask that there be no commentary on what they think the veracity of the theory is, but only what they think that scientists espouse – your disagreement with the theory will be understood. 

As an olive branch, I as one who views the evidence of evolution as overwhelming, will offer up an objective view on creation…

Genesis:

20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.” 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

My understanding of this is that God spoke all creatures into existence starting with fish, mollusks, marine mammals, all other sea creatures and then the birds.  Then God created the land creatures.

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

After that, God created Man (Adam) in his current form to rule over all the creatures of the earth.

By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

================================================================================================

I’d like to offer a forum (thread) for creationists to write about what they think biological evolution is all about.

It doesn't matter what anyone "thinks" :huh:.  As an "alleged" Scientific Theory, it must be defined specifically to then be Validated or Falsified.

Here's the definition "that you ran away from" here:

‘General Theory of Evolution’, defined by the evolutionist Kerkut as ‘the theory that all the living forms in the world have arisen from a single source which itself came from an inorganic form.’

Kerkut, G.A., Implications of Evolution, Pergamon, Oxford, UK, p. 157, 1960.

I as one who views the evidence of evolution as overwhelming

You have Zero "Scientific Evidence"....See: Definition Above.  Unless you can show Life from Non-Life.....??  You can't even show "One" DNA/RNA/Functional Protein spontaneously form "Naturally" from the "Building Blocks".

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

Jerry, i am not sure what you are trying to accomplish here.  If you need a primer on evolution, it might be better to look at the National Center for Science Education or something similar.

Enoch:

Quote:

It doesn't matter what anyone "thinks" :huh:.  As an "alleged" Scientific Theory, it must be defined specifically to then be Validated or Falsified.

What is your thinking about a scientific theory? Are you saying that a theory becomes fact after adequate evidence?  I think you mean something else, but I want to make sure.

Quote:

You have Zero "Scientific Evidence"....See: Definition Above.  Unless you can show Life from Non-Life.....??  You can't even show "One" DNA/RNA/Functional Protein spontaneously form "Naturally" from the "Building Blocks".

Non life to life is outside evolutionary theory.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Genesis:

I always understand evolution to apply only to life forms and not to the creation of anything before life (eg. matter), so obviously we can only focus on that particular area.

However, I can see if we apply strict evolution to the explanation of how God created life in the Bible then I can see that the two explanations do not match.

The Bible explains that God created most life forms all at once, so to speak - whereas evolution suggests a chain of events that took place over a long period of time, starting with the simplest of life forms and then moving to the most complex with various branches appearing and some extinctions occurring.

To be honest with you, I've never let one explanation interfere with the other even though at first glance they appear to be mutually exclusive.

Before I became a believer, I was what you might call a theist-agnostic, which means I've always believed that there was some sort of god or intelligent designer and that evolution didn't really clash with this very much. As far as I was concerned, the creator could have been an experimenter who either modelled things in stages or set the ball rolling, sat back and watched as random things happened, interfering only occasionally to get the results that he wanted.

Now of course, it's different and because I believe in every word of the Bible, I realise that evolution as most people view it just does not match with what is said in Genesis.

However, it doesn't interfere with my faith. Evolution is only an observation and the fact that some organisms are related to others genetically does not forbid the presence of a designer, if anything it complements it. God could have always used the blueprints of one of his designs to create a similar design in something else.

Let's put it this way. If you were to examine how wolves became domestic dogs and then how domestic dogs became so varied that we have every variation in shape and size such as Chihuahuas and Great Danes, and if you applied evolution theory to this it would suggest randomness without an intelligent designer, but we know that wolves turned into dog breeds through the intelligent designs of man. We actually created dogs ourselves.

Likewise just because evolution suggests randomness, it does not mean that God does not exist.

I believe that God created animals and plants exactly as Genesis suggests. In fact there may have been a lot fewer species than there are today which explains how Noah managed to get all the different animals onto the ark. What has happened since then that we refer to as 'evolution' could be one of a number of things. It could be that God continues to experiment but the Bible ignores this because it's irrelevant to our salvation,  or it could be that God placed an automatic randomness into things and from time to time things change because they are designed that way. It could even be something else. Could it be that Satan himself has interfered with DNA and he likes to tamper too? He doesn't have the ability to create life himself but in the same way that we have the ability to breed dogs (create something else from God's creation) then Satan can probably do the same on a much larger scale.

Whatever the answer is I don't know, but evolution doesn't affect my faith one bit. I'm neither for nor against evolution - it's just a red herring that doesn't have any bearing on anything that really matters.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Jerry, i am not sure what you are trying to accomplish here.  If you need a primer on evolution, it might be better to look at the National Center for Science Education or something similar.

Enoch:

Quote:

What is your thinking about a scientific theory? Are you saying that a theory becomes fact after adequate evidence?  I think you mean something else, but I want to make sure.

Quote:

=============================================================================

What is your thinking about a scientific theory? Are you saying that a theory becomes fact after adequate evidence?

This is my thinking....

"The scientific method requires that an hypothesis be ruled out or modified if its predictions are clearly and repeatedly incompatible with experimental tests. Further, no matter how elegant a theory is, its predictions must agree with experimental results if we are to believe that it is a valid description of nature. In physics, as in every experimental science, "experiment is supreme" and experimental verification of hypothetical predictions is absolutely necessary. Experiments may test the theory directly (for example, the observation of a new particle) or may test for consequences derived from the theory using mathematics and logic (the rate of a radioactive decay process requiring the existence of the new particle). Note that the necessity of experiment also implies that a theory must be testable. Theories which cannot be tested, because, for instance, they have no observable ramifications (such as, a particle whose characteristics make it unobservable), do not qualify as scientific theories."

http://teacher.nsrl.rochester.edu/phy_labs/appendixe/appendixe.html

Any questions?

‘General Theory of Evolution’, defined by the evolutionist Kerkut as ‘the theory that all the living forms in the world have arisen from a single source which itself came from an inorganic form.’

evolution without abiogenesis is tantamount to describing repairs to the Hubble Telescope before Space Flight.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  844
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  11

The theory of biological evolution is the theory that all biological diversity can be accounted for by unguided forces (most notably random mutation and natural selection) acting on a common cellular origin.

The theory of biological evolution is the theory that all biological diversity can be accounted for by unguided forces (most notably random mutation and natural selection) acting on a common cellular origin.

THANK YOU!   You do not know how much this simple post means to me.

Enoch:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't need a primer, just trying to see if anyone here is willing to give a non-biased view on what the science says.

Genesis:

I always understand evolution to apply only to life forms and not to the creation of anything before life (eg. matter), so obviously we can only focus on that particular area.

Yes, evolution as secular science teaches only begins after the creation of life (as I understand it). 

Genesis:

================================================================================================

I’d like to offer a forum (thread) for creationists to write about what they think biological evolution is all about.

Here's the definition "that you ran away from" here:

I as one who views the evidence of evolution as overwhelming

Can you tell me what secular science says about evolution without commentary?