The Book of Life

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

IMO (my opinion matters not) is that the Book of Life is not a register in Heaven whereby we check into Heaven. I believe it is a real book with all those in Christ who are physically alive.

Don't jump me as I already stated that it is belief, not Bible.

I know that I didn't address your question, Omegaman. :-)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

The phrases "book of life" and "lamb's book of life".

Are these verses/passages all referring to the same thing?:

Dan 12:1

Rev 13:7-10Rev 20:12-15

Psa 69:28

Thoughts?

I believe they are the one and same, I'll have to do some digging. :-)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

IMO they are both the same thing.  John is just relating to us Who is the Author of the Book of Life, when he calls it the Book of Life of the Lamb. 

19)  Behold, I give to you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy; and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

20)  Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject to you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Luke 10:19-20

Daniel even seems to point to Jesus/Ancient of Days as opening these Books; while the writer of Hebrews seems to state that Jesus is the Author of our Faith, Hebrews 12:1-2.  For we are told by John that Jesus give us life, John 1:4; 10:10; I John 1:1-2.

22)  But ye are come to Mount Sion, and to the City of the Living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable, company of angels.

23)  To the general assembly and church of the first born, who are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

24)  And to Jesus the Mediator of the New Covenant, and to the Blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Hebrews 12:22-24

Because of all that Jesus did for us, we shall come to the City of the Living God, so that because in Christ Jesus is life, we are now part of this City, for we are just men made perfect because of Jesus Righteousness, II Corinthians 5:21.  We are part of the general assembly and church of the first born, that is born into the Family of God.  For we were dead in our sins, but Christ Jesus has made us alive, Ephesians 2:5.

So for my 2 cents worth, I think that John is just telling us the Name of the Author of the Book of Life, when he calls it the Book of Life of the Lamb.

• 2 years later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 9/4/2014 at 8:19 PM, Guest said:

The phrases "book of life" and "lamb's book of life".

Are these verses/passages all referring to the same thing?:

Dan 12:1
Rev 13:7-10
Rev 20:12-15
Psa 69:28

Thoughts?

Yes.