peachpits

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Right now, I am investigating Christianity as a faith, but this Biblical passage is tripping me up. As a former atheist, I denied the existence of God, and, at one point, argued that Satan must be stronger than God. Does this constitute blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, permanently banning me from receiving salvation?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Right now, I am investigating Christianity as a faith, but this Biblical passage is tripping me up. As a former atheist, I denied the existence of God, and, at one point, argued that Satan must be stronger than God. Does this constitute blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, permanently banning me from receiving salvation?

Posh posh, no indeed, Worthy welcome honest seekers. Welcome.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

This is a good answer Cletus...

Matt 12:24-32

24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils,

but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils. 25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said

unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every

city or house divided against itself shall not stand: 26 And if Satan cast out Satan,

he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand? 27 And if I by

Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they

shall be your judges. 28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the

kingdom of God is come unto you. 29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's

house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will

spoil his house. 30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not

with me scattereth abroad. 31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and

blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall

not be forgiven unto men. 32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it

shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be

forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

This is a self obvious truth.... if the witness of God Himself is not enough and God

being the greatest of all then what would remain to convince you? Love, Steven

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

If you reject Christ's love for you and His death on the cross as being for your sins until you die, you will have committed the unpardonable sin. It has to do with the hardness of your heart against God. If you are worried about this it is unlikely that your heart is so hardened that you have committed the unpardonable sin.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Welcome to Worthy peachpits. . . . . . . I suspect that your concern for the unpardonable sin indicates that you have not committed it.  If you had, you wouldn't care one little bit.  Come in here often and you will soon discover that Christianity is a personal relationship with Jesus, not just a faith.  Hope to see you in many topics.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10

I was bred and raised in calvinism--however now at 65 feel that someone could/can blaspheme the Holy Spirit via:totally apostacing from the tenets of the faith which would normally obtain over time and be clearly evidenced by other believers-- by adding to or deleting from what Jesus says in Revelation ---no not in all the bible-the whole gospel is clearly THERE IN ALL OF Revelation---Jesus WILL delete -remove names from His book of life--Paul could say that--presume that certain ladies in Phillipians were registered -written in the book of life while it also can become evident to many that they have missed their listing and against all evidence deny the Lord as being either the only way to heaven or that everyone will be saved via their own faith.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Birthday:  05/07/1947

Shalom and welcome only sin of blasphemy is to deny OUR Lords work and attribute it to satan capital OUR ==== you and I sence from your seeking OUR LORD HAS DRAWN YOU UNTO HYMSELF blessing peachpits CHRIST be with you

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings peachpits.....

Welcome to Worthy

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.                                                                                                                                1 Timothy 12-16

Friend,the Apostle Paul is saying that you are really not held accountable for the things you did & said before coming to Christ Jesus,He came while we were still sinners,for the sinner,& we all fall short of the Glory of God,,,,,,,,,,,Paul describes himself as the very worst of sinners & is testifying of these things so that everyone will know that if God could forgive him & extend His Grace & Mercy to him ,then anyone can be forgiven........Salvation is available to anyone that comes to the foot of the cross asking & believing ............................Grace is unmerited ,it is undeserved,it is a gift & it is yours for the taking......................you were blind,you were deaf,you were stumbling around in the darkness,,,,,,ask Jesus for forgiveness & come into His light ,let Him show you Who He is,,,the Way,the Truth & the Life ........................God Bless you                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  6

http://www.gotquestions.org/ is a good website incase you have questions as a new believer.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DAVIDSTOTLER

No  as  if  you  study  this  passage  in  Matt  you  will  find  certain  religious  Jews  said  JESUS  cast  out  demons  by  a  demon ! To  say  a  Miracle  done  in  JESUS  name  was  by  satan  is  this  Blaspheme  you  seek  to  understand !!!

JESUS  BLESS  YOU 

davidstotler