The Gift

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

The boy, was smiling when he saw his dad bring in the big package; he had told his father how he had wanted a bicycle, and now it was his birthday and he just knew that it was a bicycle, after eating his cake, he ran to unwrap his package, to his utter shock it was not a bicycle but a unicycle, will maybe he could exchange it for that bike later.

But what do you do you when God gives you a gift, that you really wouldn't give to your worse enemy.  Can't take it back and exchange it, can't tell God, no, I don't want it (even though I have).

As I sit at this computer in tears, wishing God would have rather killed me, than to give me the gift of singleness; I can hardly stand myself, actually I might even hate myself; and I really don't appreciate a gift like this, with such a strong desire for so much more.  I feel like a total fool, my friends from my youth did things their way, and God blessed them, I was stupid and said I would let God provide for me, guest I just presume that He grant me a wife, but now I know it was the worse gift He could have given me, what a fool I have been.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

I do hear you, brother, very much! A will address you in a Private Message.

Perhaps, this should be moved to the private forum.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/06/1981

Praying for you DuggarFan...I have been going through something similar and I understand your frustration.

God Bless you

Belle

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I used to know a guy who thought that way. God didn't give him a wife till he was in his 40s. A computer expert, changed careers and became fluent in Chinese by continuing his education in China. Then he went to work for Wycliffe Bible translators. The last word I heard was that he was married.

If your heart still desires marriage God may be teaching you to wait patiently on Him, learning to be content with whatever state you are in.

Blessings,

Willa

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

God in His infinite wisdom has spared you potential misery. His wisdom is perfect. You could be questioning God why He gave you the wife He did and asking for release from misery. There are so many things we question - why did the child die at birth never seeing a parent. Why did a child take the wrong path regardless of Godly instruction. As Job is told can the thing created question the Creator? In all thy ways and circumstances be content for He who created us knows best.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Understand. Praying.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Dugge

You have no idea what a gift you have indeed........love hurts ,oh it is great to have someone to share lifes joys with it is also to share in everything else..........suddenly you hurt when someone else hurts,you cry when they cry,their pain is your pain etc......it is not all a bed of roses,life is tough enough sometimes without having someone else to worry about,,,,,I cannot even imagine what a man feels that he has to take care of everything,provider,head of household.......

Dugge,if that is truly the desire of your heart then don't throw in the towel just yet,,,,,,,,it aint over yet my Brother,keep trusting God & just know that His Will & His Timing is just perfect!!!!

I love somebody & they love me and we are separated by thousands of miles..........love is not so easy Dugge but God is our first love,& foremost.Nevermind what it SEEMS like for your friends......you have no idea what goes on behind closed doors......just keep your focus on our Lord,,,,,He will fill the desire of yourr heart,or change it if it is not in accordance with what is the very best for you

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  653
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/26/1977

I stand with the desires of your heart, and am praying for you!