New and Hurting

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The question is not if God has forgiven you, it seems that the bigger question might be have you forgiven yourself, and truly let God work in this situation. 

Prayers

Darryl

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

The right medicine can help with severe feelings of guilt.  With bipolar depression the guilt is unbearable.  It's not normal guilt, it is amplified and the right med can help relieve it along with prayer.  I am praying for you.  I have been there, too.  God bless you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,013
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I accepted Jesus when I was a little girl. I pray to Him all the time to take away my guilt but it lingers still. I have to keep praying.

I do not want to back you in this corner... but I must for the sake of Scripture!

Heb 10:12-17

12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever,

sat down on the right hand of God; 13 From henceforth expecting till

his enemies be made his footstool. 14 For by one offering he hath

perfected for ever them that are sanctified. 15 Whereof the Holy Ghost

also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, 16 This is

the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the

Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I

write them; 17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

KJV

We are to reckon ourselves dead and He the life that is now within us and in doing

so this is the dilemma you are left with-

1. Trust your dead old self and listen to that word.

2. Trust The Eternal Word that does not pass away.

As we have been created in God's image we will always possess the gift of moral choice

but in salvation we have already chosen His Word over anything that might proceed from

our own frail abiliites :)... Prayed... Love, Steven

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Praying that God would heal your heart change your life and save your marriage. Just talk with Jesus and he will put things in order.

I don't see how it could be put any better.  We have a Savior that is alive and can and will set you free from all you have talked about.  All you need to do is just trust Him, hold tight to His Hand and get into His word.  Stop listening to what the enemy is speaking to you.  He has one goal and that is your destruction. On the other hand Jesus wants to lift you up above all of this.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Welcome.  I have bipolar also.  It use to be called manic depression years ago when I was diagnosed.  The only way I found relief from these mood swings is Jesus.  I went through a gambit of medications, some that did nothing to some that made me into a zombie, but nothing worked.  Trust in the Lord.

I moved your thread to an area designed to get advice and help.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

You are not alone, several members suffer from similar illness', as I do. We stand by you to support you, encourage and to comfort you, but most importantly tp pray for you, to bring your needs to the Father who loves you unconditionally.

Let me strongly empathize, you are not alone, you have The Lord Jesus Christ who wants to envelope you in his loving arms and you have us.

So, look up and be encouraged.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

I agree with Rusty that Satan is the accuser of the brethern. The Holy Spirit points out our sin so that it can be removed and we can be healed. It is Saten who condemns us.

So you simply do not have to listen to the accusations and the condemning spirit. Jesus is your lawyer and God has given you a full pardon.

I used to kick myself for having fallen on my face and sinned, even after asking for forgiveness. Then God spoke to my heart and asked me who I thought I was to disregard His pardon and condemn myself. Was my judgement a higher court than His? No. God is the highest court and I was given a full pardon because of what Jesus did for me on the cross. I needed to accept that judgement as final.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/02/1961

Hi Deevums.  May I suggest that your overwhelming guilt is the result of your not having forgiven yourself.  I suffer with depression also. Not manic but severe. We've been working on getting my meds right too. It's a journey.  I know from experience that feelings of guilt and worthlessness can be exacerbated by personal unforgiveness.  There are times when I still don't like myself very much, but God has been teaching me that yesterday is past and tomorrow hasn't come and has enough worries unto itself. What I have is today and I must make my decision to love myself today.  Because God loves me and died for me and He has done the same for you.  God Bless

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Renewal through the Holy Spirit ... Sometimes we have to replace a lukewarm church attendance by a church on fire, the fire of the Holy Spirit in which washes everything away. If there is Any uncleanness left in our minds and spirits after that it's because we are hanging on to it due to not surrendering completely. That is the first step to recovery and renewal of the old self...