• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/09/1982

we all know what the bible says about anger.I'm aware that its a negative emotion but i just find it real hard to suppress it at times,and somehow when I'm mad,it pushes me beyond my limit and it makes me even more productive.

so my question is, is it a sin to be motivated by anger?

feedbacks are welcomed warmly;)

depends.

if you're motivated to make positive changes in your life or community because of righteous anger against evil, then i'd say no, that's not a sin.

but if you're motivated to get revenge or to be destructive because you're angry at someone who did you wrong, that would be a sin.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  190
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/26/1970

Sometimes I Do Not Know which anger it is if I think I Am angry at the person I control it

depends.

if you're motivated to make positive changes in your life or community because of righteous anger against evil, then i'd say no, that's not a sin.

but if you're motivated to get revenge or to be destructive because you're angry at someone who did you wrong, that would be a sin.

duly noted LadyC..

yeah you're right.. (i just dont want to go into details)

thanks a lot and God bless u:))

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

There is a verse which says in your anger do not sin.

I suppose the problem for us is that 99% of anger is motived by the wrong reasons, frustration, selfishness, misunderstanding, tiredness etc and a whole host of other reasons.

There is a right anger also, when a person sees injustice and is angry, for example.  

I doubt many could claim to get angry for the right reasons only.  

Your probably more productive because your adrenaline kicks in!  We've all been there!

There is a verse which says in your anger do not sin.

I suppose the problem for us is that 99% of anger is motived by the wrong reasons, frustration, selfishness, misunderstanding, tiredness etc and a whole host of other reasons.

There is a right anger also, when a person sees injustice and is angry, for example.  

I doubt many could claim to get angry for the right reasons only.  

Your probably more productive because your adrenaline kicks in!  We've all been there!

i stand corrected blue gem.thank u:)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

What you are saying is you have the ability to control your anger. You are not a person who allows anger to control their actions. You also have the ability to use the energy created through anger to the good and many people do not have this ability. I am like you. When I used to get angry at work for whatever reason I would put that energy towards my production. I had a supervisor that realized this and used it to his advantage. My supervisor would give me jobs that needed to be done quickly and correctly; would assign those jobs to me and them do something to make me angry. Boom it worked for a long time until I figured this out. After I figured this out I went to him and said why didn't you simply ask me would I please get this job done as quickly as possible. He said because when I have ask others to do a job quickly they refer to the time they are allowed to do the job and tell me to come back if they are late. He said others when ask to do a job fast would make mistakes and end up with scrap so when I realized you work fast and the parts are good when you get angry I used that to my advantage. This was undue stress on me and my family because of the hurt I felt from being made angry for no fault of my own, sometimes went home with me. I asked him to please stop these tactics and simply ask and I will give him the same results. He did just that and gave me awards, we developed a very strong friendship. Find out what is driving you to be angry and work on a solution because anger is really harmful and destructive and will eventually take a negative control

Edited by Rodney

What you are saying is you have the ability to control your anger. You are not a person who allows anger to control their actions. You also have the ability to use the energy created through anger to the good and many people do not have this ability. I am like you. When I used to get angry at work for whatever reason I would put that energy towards my production. I had a supervisor that realized this and used it to his advantage. My supervisor would give me jobs that needed to be done quickly and correctly; would assign those jobs to me and them do something to make me angry. Boom it worked for a long time until I figured this out. After I figured this out I went to him and said why didn't you simply ask me would I please get this job done as quickly as possible. He said because when I have ask others to do a job quickly they refer to the time they are allowed to do the job and tell me to come back if they are late. He said others when ask to do a job fast would make mistakes and end up with scrap so when I realized you work fast and the parts are good when you get angry I used that to my advantage. This was undue stress on me and my family because of the hurt I felt from being made angry for no fault of my own, sometimes went home with me. I asked him to please stop these tactics and simply ask and I will give him the same results. He did just that and gave me awards, we developed a very strong friendship. Find out what is driving you to be angry and work on a solution because anger is really harmful and destructive and will eventually take a negative control

i hear u rodney, point taken thank u:)

starry, whatever you're angry at, you don't need to be ashamed. there really isn't any of us here who don't get stomping mad on a regular (sometimes daily) basis! it's just a matter of what you choose to do with that anger... how you choose to respond to whoever you're mad at. that's what makes the difference. anger is a very natural emotion.

(and don't think i'm saying the rest of us always choose the right thing to do with their anger... i know i sure don't! i wish i did, but a lot of times, i just explode in a rash of mean-spirited words, or whatnot.)