• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/09/1982

starry, whatever you're angry at, you don't need to be ashamed. there really isn't any of us here who don't get stomping mad on a regular (sometimes daily) basis! it's just a matter of what you choose to do with that anger... how you choose to respond to whoever you're mad at. that's what makes the difference. anger is a very natural emotion.

yeah...just dont get even:)..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

There were times Jesus acted in anger and it was not sin so it may or may not be. Self righteous anger is always sin while having a godly jealousy over those your responsible for is normal.

There were times Jesus acted in anger and it was not sin so it may or may not be. Self righteous anger is always sin while having a godly jealousy over those your responsible for is normal.

thank you gdemoss, divine jealousy yes:)..

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

There is a righteous anger. For instance, when Jesus got mad at drove out the money changers and thieves from the temple. He used His anger to further righteousness.

There is a righteous anger. For instance, when Jesus got mad at drove out the money changers and thieves from the temple. He used His anger to further righteousness.

amen Ozzy:)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

we all know what the bible says about anger.I'm aware that its a negative emotion but i just find it real hard to suppress it at times,and somehow when I'm mad,it pushes me beyond my limit and it makes me even more productive.

so my question is, is it a sin to be motivated by anger?

feedbacks are welcomed warmly;)

Anger is not always sin. There is a type of anger of which the Bible approves, often called “righteous indignation.” God is angry (Psalm 7:11;Mark 3:5), and believers are commanded to be angry (Ephesians 4:26). Two Greek words in the New Testament are translated as “anger.” One means “passion, energy” and the other means “agitated, boiling.” Biblically, anger is God-given energy intended to help us solve problems. Examples of biblical anger include David’s being upset over hearing Nathan the prophet sharing an injustice (2 Samuel 12) and Jesus’ anger over how some of the Jews had defiled worship at God’s temple in Jerusalem (John 2:13-18). Notice that neither of these examples of anger involved self-defense, but a defense of others or of a principle.

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/anger.html#ixzz3DPpGyYmw

Quoting from gotquestions directly. I did not type any of those! but some good scriptural references

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

depends.

if you're motivated to make positive changes in your life or community because of righteous anger against evil, then i'd say no, that's not a sin.

but if you're motivated to get revenge or to be destructive because you're angry at someone who did you wrong, that would be a sin.

LadyC hit the nail on the head with this.

Anger is also more useful than despair.

Rodney you so sound like me. My 1st job after collage was to be a photographer's assistant to a big time photographer. In the 2.5 years I was with him I learned more about life from him than I did about photography. But we started poorly. He would do to me things like your boss. I saw his point, most people need fear (of the boss) to do the best job they can. But not me. Like you said, once he realized this, if told me upfront, what needs to be done, and by when, so I felt I was part of the big picture (no pun intended) I'd always get the job done and neither of us had to get upset over it. I'm different because I respond best to kindness and curtsey rather than fear. Maybe it's because I had God with me before I knew it. I have to say t isn't always easy to do the right thing. But it usually pays off in the long run. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Right on. Today I walked in on my kids having just destroyed my friends kids room beds and all....righteous anger :)

thank you JTC and Ravindran, your thoughts are so much appreciated:)