Warrior777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I do not believe God shows favoritism. But He is a God of order. For example, Is the wife the head of the husband? Is the husband the head of the wife? Are both the heads? or neither?

Who is the head of the husband?  Who tells the husband to love his wife as Christ loved the church?

Do you have an idea of how many 'Christian' men claim the very verse you constantly bring up and 'forget' what comes after it?

I'd like to remind you that you compared marriage to slavery.....and sorry, but the Bible does tell Christians to submit to one another and that would include the

marriage relationship as well

That may be inconvient for some men but there is a good reason for those instructions...IMO, that would be because too many men enjoy the word submit

and misapply the word submit to 'do as I say'

Please don't twist what I said and make it appear that I said the husband is not the head of the home...the Bible says he is...BUT and that is a very big but,

Christ is supposed to be the head of the husband and that is NOT the reality in many many cases.

I agree their are many "BAD" husbands!!! That do not treat the wife as Christ treats the church. My reference was that if God tells a slave not to leave the bad master, then how much more should a wife not leave a bad husband? 

I don't mean to personally offend you. I am sorry. I do not know your story. I do pray for you and love you and I hope you do the same for me. I am sincere in that I am truly trying to seek true doctrine and when I find it, to live and stand on it without compromise.

You are not personally or otherwise offending me.  You classified or seemed to classify women with slaves....that was a weird example IMO

OK...you are assuming some things here.

Myself and several others found your comparison to women and slaves and husbands to masters as extreme and seriously, one wonders how you managed to

make that comparison

Again, are you actually reading my posts or just assuming?  I have not told any personal stories.  I have only made references to what scripture states regarding

marriage and asked questions ... which have not been addressed.

If you desire 'true' doctrine, why are you comparing a slave and master to a wife and husband?  The Bible does not do that.

I mean really, ask yourself that question....

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  653
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/26/1977

Sin leads to Hell and death. We should not willfully sin after receiving knowledge of the truth. However, I will not ask who ascends or descends. I am not the deciding factor for one's salvation. However, you should have clean hands and a pure heart. You should also work out your salvation with fear and trembling... no?

Divorce is not adultery. We are talking about remarriage and what is adultery. 

Although this is a sensitive issue, there is a simple answer. And Jesus gives it. He did not say it's complicated when asked, did He?

The issue is in evaluating this discussion on marriage, divorce, and re-marriage one must take a look at the entire flow of Scripture.

Again, let me rephrase my question.

If a person divorces and re-marries yet they claim Jesus Christ as Savior are they going to face eternal death (hell)?

God bless,

GE

This is another doctrine topic. How can one willfully live in sin? Salvation is a personal issue. Let Christ decide. You know better than to ask these questions. Don't you?

Romans 10

6But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: "DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, 'WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?' (that is, to bring Christ down), 7or 'WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?' (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead)." 8But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART "-- that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,…

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  653
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/26/1977

A woman or wife is not a slave and that is not what I meant. A husband and wife are one. A slave and master are not. Yet the slave is not permitted to leave if "abused". This was the question I was answering. If abuse was a good reason for divorce. And certainly not for remarriage. Nothing more nothing less.

Remember use scriptures like the original poster asked please. This is getting sloppy and I'd rather stay on topic. Explain a case for divorce and remarriage with scripture or we have worn the topic out. 

Are you reiterating your comparison?

It's not in the Bible...it may be your personal belief, but it is not in the Bible.  That comparison is not in the Bible. and so on

Oh, I use scripture all the time....but I prefer to keep it in context

BTW, I am not angry or hurt or offended...not all all...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

Sin leads to Hell and death. We should not willfully sin after receiving knowledge of the truth. However, I will not ask who ascends or descends. I am not the deciding factor for one's salvation. However, you should have clean hands and a pure heart. You should also work out your salvation with fear and trembling... no?
Divorce is not adultery. We are talking about remarriage and what is adultery. 
Although this is a sensitive issue, there is a simple answer. And Jesus gives it. He did not say it's complicated when asked, did He?

The issue is in evaluating this discussion on marriage, divorce, and re-marriage one must take a look at the entire flow of Scripture.
Again, let me rephrase my question.
If a person divorces and re-marries yet they claim Jesus Christ as Savior are they going to face eternal death (hell)?
God bless,

GE

This is another doctrine topic. How can one willfully live in sin? Salvation is a personal issue. Let Christ decide. You know better than to ask these questions. Don't you?

Romans 10

6But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: "DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, 'WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?' (that is, to bring Christ down), 7or 'WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?' (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead)." 8But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART "-- that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,…

I don't believe someone who is the victim in a divorce (non-Believer leaves them or their former spouse commits adultery) and remarries is living in willful sin. Which is your implication from my perception. So I guess I'll have to agree to disagree.
God bless,

GE

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

Are you reiterating your comparison?

It's not in the Bible...it may be your personal belief, but it is not in the Bible.  That comparison is not in the Bible. and so on

Oh, I use scripture all the time....but I prefer to keep it in context

BTW, I am not angry or hurt or offended...not all all...

Good point Seven. :thumbsup:

"We must not seek to bind the consciences of other Believers with the private convictions that arise out of our personal walk with God. Even if you believe God has led you in developing those convictions, you still must not elevate them to the level of spiritual principles for everyone else to follow." - Jerry Bridges

I simply no longer believe God expects us to stay with a spouse that is unfaithful to the marriage covenant and I believe there are more ways then one to break that covenant

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

I have stayed away from this thread because it is personal for me. However, it seems that people love talking in hypothetical situations these days. But this is real and affects real people with real feelings. So let me put a face to this conversation so people don't have to use a hypothetical.

My situation with this is simple. When me and my now ex-wife got married she was following no religion and I was a satanist. During our marriage I got saved, she did not. Long story short, she left me telling me she had been sleeping with other people and wanted to be with one of them and also she didn't agree with Christianity, she wanted to follow Wicca or witchcraft as most would call it. I begged her to stay and she would not. After a few years, she decided she wanted to marry another guy she had hooked up with, which meant she needed to divorce me. I fought the divorce but she went through with it and divorced me against my will. I am a single Father of 2 kids ( yes I got the kids ) if I was to find someone and remarry, would it be a sin? Why or Why not.

I ask for responses but I am not sure if I will respond much because of this being so personal for me. I  hope everyone understands. 

As your wife committed adultery, even the naysayers against divorce would agree you can remarry.  In fact many would state adultery is THE reason for being allowed to divorce

and remarry.

The Bible also states that if the unbeliever wishes to leave...let them...Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace.  I Cor 7:15

However, I have no problem with you wanting her to stay...I can understand that.

That's the black and white answer...and this is not hypothetical for many here..

Yes

And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."  Matthew 19:9 (NASB)

Yes, I Think You Can

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. Genesis 2:18

~

I have stayed away from this thread because it is personal for me. However, it seems that people love talking in hypothetical situations these days. But this is real and affects real people with real feelings. So let me put a face to this conversation so people don't have to use a hypothetical.

My situation with this is simple. When me and my now ex-wife got married she was following no religion and I was a satanist. During our marriage I got saved, she did not. Long story short, she left me telling me she had been sleeping with other people and wanted to be with one of them and also she didn't agree with Christianity, she wanted to follow Wicca or witchcraft as most would call it. I begged her to stay and she would not. After a few years, she decided she wanted to marry another guy she had hooked up with, which meant she needed to divorce me. I fought the divorce but she went through with it and divorced me against my will. I am a single Father of 2 kids ( yes I got the kids ) if I was to find someone and remarry, would it be a sin? Why or Why not.

I ask for responses but I am not sure if I will respond much because of this being so personal for me. I  hope everyone understands. 

:thumbsup:

Personally,

and if she herself divorces her husband and marries another man, she is committing adultery.” Mark 10:12 (NASB)

I Believe

Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace. 1 Corinthians 7:15

God Is The Number One Romantic Both In

And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. Genesis 2:21-22

And Out Of This Universe

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. Revelation 22:3-4