IGNORED

Remarriage after divorce

Warrior777

Guest Butero

Did I read you right?  I admit I am in shock over what you said. 

Jesus is my servant and high priest.

No wonder we can't come to agreement on marriage, when you look at Jesus like that!  I have news for you.  Jesus IS NOT MY SERVANT.  You may think he is your servant, but you are wrong.  I am his servant.  I do thank you for being clear about what you believe.  I think that now we can clearly see where we both stand, and I assure you that I am not going to move one inch in your direction, so this is a waste of time. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  653
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/26/1977

Is sexual abuse a reason for divorce? If denied sex and abused in this way, should we divorce? this could also be considered mental, emotional, and spiritual abuse. Our bodies are not our own. Is this abuse a cause for divorce?

Abuse is not a godly way of dealing with another person. So, I think that a separation in the case of what you ask is in order.

What if an abuser never repents?

God bless,

GE

I've been neglected and abused. Mentally, sexually, emotionally, physically, etc... Am I in the right to leave my spouse with 3 kids and murder my family?

Firstly why would you need to leave your kids behind, if your wife did all those things to you, what kind of a father would you be leaving your kids with a mother who is clearly unstable?

Is its God will for you to be in an Idoltery marriage? 

Because I am in a covenant and have hope.

Are you a christian?

I think if you are going to ask that kind of question you should at least provide some reasons why you are asking. I can't see anything I've said that would indicate I wasn't. Accusing me of breaking the rules should have some evidence. After all one must be a christian to post in the Inner Court. In any case yes I am a christian.

Just asking. I needed to know if you confess Christ is Lord. Besides you claim the Bible, Christ and Paul contradict itself. Unbelievers think this, not believers. 

Guest Butero

Is it God's will for you to be in an idoltery marriage?

So now, according to InChrist, if you remain faithful to your wife in spite of her transgressions, you are an idolater?  I guess if he says so, it must be true, because Jesus is his servant.  We were seeking the wrong person all along for guidance.  We need to go to the top, not to the servant.  I just had no idea what a powerful person we were dealing with until he told me Jesus was his servant.  How does that work?  Does Jesus snap to attention and obey us all the time?  Do we obey him half of the time, and does he obey us the other half of the time, since this is mutual submission?  Of course, I am being sarcastic, but if a person starts out looking at Jesus as their servant, instead of looking at themselves as a willing bond servant of Christ, it will change the way they see the husband-wife relationship.  When I read that wives are to submit to their husbands as unto the Lord, it means they obey their husbands.  If you see Jesus as your servant, you tell him what to do, not the other way around.  This was eye opening to me, because I wonder how many others would agree with that teaching.  How many believe Jesus is our servant? 

Anyway Faith Pleases God, I don't see you in idolatry at all, anymore than Hosea was an idolater to put up with his harlot of a wife.  You are extending grace for the sake of your family, and you are showing forgiveness, as Christ forgave us for many sins. 

Of course Christ is not our servant. He is our Lord. We are slaves to Christ. Romans 1:1

Guest Butero

No apology was given by me and none is coming, as everything I said is true.  I am glad you continue to hold to your doctrine that Jesus is your servant, so everyone else can see what you believe.  Jesus never was our servant and never will be.  He is our Master and Lord.  What he showed us is that a Master and Lord can still willingly choose to minister to those UNDER him.  That is very important to keep in mind.  We are under him, and he doesn't have to do anything for us.  He chooses of his own free will whether or not he will minister to our needs.  If he was our servant, we could tell him what to do, and he would always do it, sort of like a genie.  It doesn't work that way. 

The teachings on marriage vows don't have anything to do with divorce and re-marriage.  All you have been able to show is what people agreed to do when they got married.  The Bible never says that if they break those vows, the marriage becomes null and void, so they are free to divorce and re-marry.  How about providing scripture that backs that claim of yours up?  How about showing any New Testament teachings that say that?  There are none. 

BTW, by now, I would figure you know I won't accept anything outside of the KJV Bible.  I reject the text you used, even if you claim it is the original way it was translated.  Even if it was how it was translated, it still doesn't change the fact that Jesus is the head of man, he is not our servant, and he isn't obligated to give us our next breath, let alone be our servant.  Paul referred to himself as a willing bond slave to Christ.  If he is your servant, why don't you start demanding things from him.  He is God, so he will give you anything you want. Just name it.  If Jesus is your servant, you are one powerful individual.  I guess the Bible should read that the head of the woman is the man, the head of man is Christ and the head of Christ is InChrist?  Sorry, but I am not accepting your doctrine, and I don't believe you have any idea what you are taking about, on this subject or any subject. 

Guest Butero

Boy, what insight!  "Hosea didn't put up with it, he dealt with it."  How in the world do you expect anyone to take anything you say serious when you say things like this?  To put up with something and to deal with something is the same thing.  This woman cheated on him and went back into harlotry, and he forgave her and brought her back home.  Based on your comments, that makes her an idol to Hosea.  You are digging that hole deeper and deeper. 

Guest Butero

What Faith Pleases God is doing is making self sacrifice, and it is a Godly example.  The Bible warns that in the last days, people will call good evil, and evil good.  You take a selfless act by this man, showing grace and forgiveness to his wife in spite of her bad behavior, and you make something good ugly.  Jesus teaches that we forgive 7 x 70, and in the same day.  That is 490 times a day.  You are promoting divorce, something God hates, and attacking a man who chooses not to seek a divorce.  And yes, God does hate divorce. 

The instance in Ezra is unique because the Jewish people disobeyed God and willfully chose to marry idol worshipping heathens.  These idol worshippers were leading them to commit idolatry with their idol gods.  I don't know of anyone that has done that.  Under Jewish Old Testament law, Jews could only marry other Jews.  Once we got into the New Covenant, the gentiles are no longer considered unclean and common, so things have changed.  We are still forbidden to become unequally yoked with an unbeliever, but it is not a Jew-Gentile issue.  We are under a different covenant.  Under the old covenant, I don't know of anything that teaches to lust after a woman other than your wife is sinful, but Jesus said it is.  It is not grounds for divorce, but it is sinful, as God knows our heart.  Under the Old Covenant, we are told "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth."  Jesus taught us to turn the other cheek.  How much of the Old Covenant do you want to follow, while ignoring the New Covenant?  Do you believe we should burn witches and kill adulterers? 

Guest Butero

I am saying Jesus is not our servant.  If he was, we could order him around and he would have to obey.  I am very stable in my beliefs, and I know that I am the servant of Jesus, not the other way around.  I also know what Jesus said about divorce and re-marriage, and I reject your extra-Biblical arguments. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

This thread is locked.